Games Amiga Vs PC

Zede

Part of the furniture
Forget the Amiga, the C64 versions were better ! In realtive terms though it didnt last long. 486 released in 1990, Home amiga was 89' I saw Eye of the Beholder in 90', sold my Amiga & got a PC.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I had an Amiga and loved it, though I preferred my Atari ST :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Amiga WAS good, some games still rock, but mostly...sadly...didn't keep up.

Xbox of it's era, or playstation if you prefer.

'cause, nintendo was back then :lol:

Anyway, that comparison movie is a bit "biased", as i for one had a way better PC that's used here, and i wasn't rich. Bit over-exaggarated.

But boy, games sure were crap back then :eek7:

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Never had an Amiga. I went from Spectrum (see my avatar :)) to C64 to Atari ST, to PC.
Strangely, I enjoyed the first two the most. The Spectrum had this very special charme, something between a doorstopper and a magical device. C64 on the other hand was a monster. I`m still enjoying a game of Impossible Mission, MULE or Archon on my C64 emulator in my MAME box. Atari ST was in many ways trend setting. Using the mouse as THE main input device, using a graphical operating system. Hell.. it could even crash! :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
The Amiga was a vastly superior gaming platform until Windows 95 shipped, after that it very quickly fell behind but then that is to be expected when you consider the PC's of that time running at clockspeeds 5 times faster than the Amiga 1200 and came with 4 times more RAM.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ofcourse i started with a Sharp MZ-800, with a BUILT-IN diskdrive! :eek6:

Computer wise.

First gaming platform was pong. Then the magnificent "Home Entertainment System" :clap:

Lethul

FH is my second home
Had an Amiga 1200 with my brothers. Was ace for games :) Had an amiga 500 and C64 before that but the 1200 was the bomb!

Ormorof

FH is my second home
my amiga was my first step into gaming and ive never looked back, used to play networked Lotus III and Settlers I on my 600 and 500, awesome!!!

poisono

Fledgling Freddie
Amiga 500, then got the 550+ add on bit. My brother fried that with a drink so I ended up getting the 600, before that I had a C64, does anyone remember the game called Push Over on the Amiga? (The game with the ant and dominoes)

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Amiga 500, then got the 550+ add on bit. My brother fried that with a drink so I ended up getting the 600, before that I had a C64, does anyone remember the game called Push Over on the Amiga? (The game with the ant and dominoes)

Brilliant game. Wasn't it spondered by quavers too? :) I love the amiga... had two old ataris before getting the 600 though which were awesome in themselves :D Then a PC much later; all fantastic systems though.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
rep for you, been trying to work out what that game was called for ages!
Amiga had a few sponsored titles thinking back
Zool was chuppa chups
Sleepwalker was a comic relief game

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
Lotus espirit turbo challenge FTW

but Acorn Atom ftw, althoguh you had to buy a floating point chip and a colour chip and lots of extra memory for it, but what did you want in 1979

3d asteroids was my fav game on that.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
I went,

Atari 800xl
ZX Spectrum +
Amiga 500
Amiga 600
Playstation
PC
Another Playstation
Yet Another Playstation
PC
Playstation 2
Xbox
Laptop
Xbox 360

Best thing ever.

SWOS on the Amiga.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
rep for you, been trying to work out what that game was called for ages!
Amiga had a few sponsored titles thinking back
Zool was chuppa chups
Sleepwalker was a comic relief game

Wow, i'd completely forgotten sleepwalker existed, used to love that game when i was a kid.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
ZX81
Vic 20
Spectrum 48K
C64 incl. the slowest Disk drive in the history of anything floppy.
BBC
Acer Laptop 386SX20
PC 486DX2
PC P90
PC ..
PC ...
PC AMD X2 4000
PC Q6600, Laptop T9700, Wii, PSP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom