American Players Get WTF Owned

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Source - http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?loadNews=2956&fp=1024,768,1761775218

Mythic Offical Announcement Source - http://www.camelotherald.com/more/2017.shtml

Mythic Entertainment is the latest company to start waving their ban stick. Sanya Thomas, their Internet Relations Manager, announced on the Camelot Herald that Mythic has banned 107 accounts and suspended 167 others in response to a radar hack that had been circulating in the community.

There has been some silliness on the message boards about an “unbreakable radar program” that “Mythic can’t detect.” Last week we demonstrated that this was pure fantasy on the part of the cheaters. We permanently banned the accounts of 107 radar users, and gave out 167 suspensions. Look for plenty of new “I, uh, I quit! Yeah!” posts on a message board near you!
Read on for the rest of the announcement:

Based on data gathered from in-game appeals (players reporting cheaters), observation, and our toolset, we know we’ve acted against the vast majority of cheaters. Some will slip through, unfortunately, but we have no ethical choice but to err on the side of caution. Those we identified, but could not prove were cheating will remain on our watch list, and we will eventually get them.

Also, it’s with great happiness that we declare this round to be the last of the second chances. At one point, the perception had been expressed on the part of some of our players that one had to have radar to be competitive. As the steady decline in the number of radar users has shown, the reality is that this is no longer an issue. What IS an issue now is the perception that “lots of other people” cheat, although the data simply doesn’t support that perception. Therefore, since there shouldn’t be anyone left who believes that they just “have to have radar,” we now proudly return to the original policy of “one strike, you’re out.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
:(

minstrel running showing radar and killing ppl on merlin during the day bans occured, owell

Marc

FH is my second home
Until Mytic (usa) and Goa (Europe) start to name and shame how do the players know that they have banned 107 accounts and suspended another 160 odd? They could just make up these numbers to make us think they are doing something about it.

I cant understand why they dont name and shame anyway.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
Until Mytic (usa) and Goa (Europe) start to name and shame how do the players know that they have banned 107 accounts and suspended another 160 odd? They could just make up these numbers to make us think they are doing something about it.

I cant understand why they dont name and shame anyway.

personal rights and shit like that i guess

too bad :[

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
suspended 160?
Does this mean that they give out warnings before they ban?

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Oboy said:
suspended 160?
Does this mean that they give out warnings before they ban?

Sanya Thomas said:
Also, it’s with great happiness that we declare this round to be the last of the second chances.

No more suspensions will be seen in the future, only bans.
NF has been out in the US for close to a year, yet Mythic are still going easy on radar users! I'm forced to type: LOL

It's no wonder ~300 people are still cheating and though Mythic will say it's a minority of their player base, it's not such a small percentage of their RvR population.

Sanya Thomas said:
There has been some silliness on the message boards about an “unbreakable radar program” that “Mythic can’t detect.” Last week we demonstrated that this was pure fantasy on the part of the cheaters.

Sanya Thomas said:
Those [cheaters] we identified, but could not prove were cheating will remain on our watch list, and we will eventually get them.

In other words radars have evolved beyond Mythic's detection system, so they're doing it manually now :p

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Dorin said:
personal rights and shit like that i guess

too bad :[

Not sure, but I think that as its a breach of contract rather than an actual crime, they could put a clause in thier CoC or EULA saying "If you cheat in any way, or we believe you have acted as such, your account will be terminated and your name will added to the name-and-shame list on (whatever website)"

Surely if they did it like that people couldnt do anything? especially as people have to agree with it to play? Also as its character names rather than account usernames, or actual RL names.

Might well be wrong though.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Dunno about in the US, but that would probably breach the DPA in this country.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Danya said:
Dunno about in the US, but that would probably breach the DPA in this country.

What if the players were virtually imprisoned.
People could visit the prison and see NPCs, named after the banned character.

Is it still breaking the DPA as it's happening within the realm of the game.
afaik UO had a prison system like this, for ingame offences?

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
*** link removed *** - don't really need "I pwn with radar" videos encouraging people

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
that vid made me laugh, even more easy mode with radar then a mincer already is.

Chilly

Balls of steel
that guy is a fukin fool. Does he not think mythic can search player databses for guilds that contain the player names on his guild chat, or the chat logs of people he PMs. I doubt hes still got an account,

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
was a skald a while ago that posted a vid where he had radar up, dont think he was banned (cant say for sure tho)

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
anyways, radar usage on EU servers are very small compared to US servers

(this is from own experiance)

Just wish they would ban them all so people that dont cheat can stop beeing assjamed all the time, is so fun with rr11 gankgroups that never once get a headon fight and always attack from behind when the attackies are already engage in something, is damn fun to beat them with rr5 group tho as most suck ass :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
bit sad recording a video of "look at me I'm a cheating scumbag har har I can pwn things!"

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
funny ppl cant read all what mythic wrote :) they said that they didnt cought all using radar, and for the most they only find out ppl radar if some one appeal em :) and the minstrel is smart enough not to show his char name, but i can tell he is in the guild Guidance on merlin (if you read /gu you can see a person named enkill :))

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
There's nothing wrong with watching that movie, these forums are getting the feel of a nanny state. If anyone daft enough starts using radar after watching the movie and is subsequently banned, all the better!

Besides for non-radar users like myself, that footage is worth watching.
Quite a neat application, which shows enemies as their RR (RR4, RR6 etc, instead of dots) colour coded to their realm.

Explains how certain gank sqauds can avoid each other, by manuvering around the cluster of RR10s and chasing down the RR3 zergs :p

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Escape said:
There's nothing wrong with watching that movie, these forums are getting the feel of a nanny state. If anyone daft enough starts using radar after watching the movie and is subsequently banned, all the better!
:cool:
Escape said:
Besides for non-radar users like myself, that footage is worth watching.
Quite a neat application, which shows enemies as their RR (RR4, RR6 etc, instead of dots) colour coded to their realm.

Explains how certain gank sqauds can avoid each other, by manuvering around the cluster of RR10s and chasing down the RR3 zergs :p
Oo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom