American Players Get WTF Owned

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Dorin said:
personal rights and shit like that i guess

too bad :[

if Mythic own everything in the game which i think they do, then the characters on the account simply have no rights as they do not count as humans and so are not protected by any human rights laws, and mythic can choose to give them none. so they could release the name of the characters on the account, however that would be alot of names :p.

however i dont think theyd be able to release the account owners (or ex owners:p) irl name as they would need the persons permission before probably breeching some form of privacy. but they could argue that these names are of intrest to the general public :p

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
bit sad, that the minstrel in the movie is still running around ingame :(

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Heta said:
was a skald a while ago that posted a vid where he had radar up, dont think he was banned (cant say for sure tho)

that was Gunnora, on some PVPserver iirc. And he didnt get banned.

Mythic do not ban people with a vid as only evidence, since it can be manipulated in so many ways. Can record on private servers etc..

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Shike said:
that was Gunnora, on some PVPserver iirc. And he didnt get banned.

Mythic do not ban people with a vid as only evidence, since it can be manipulated in so many ways. Can record on private servers etc..

Gunnora did get banned. both video's were from Mordred the american PvP server but liek you said they did not ban him for radar....he flamed someone and mythic stung him with that lol

watch the end of teh video (2nd one) he mentions it on the credits

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Escape said:
Explains how certain gank sqauds can avoid each other, by manuvering around the cluster of RR10s and chasing down the RR3 zergs :p
Sure. Gank squads live to farm zergs and not fight other FGs, really! :rolleyes: If anything, it's the other way around, the gank squads would use the radar to avoid zergs and find isolated FGs...

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
rumors say he sold the acc he used in the video, fun to buy an acc like that

(and yes its legal to sell accounts on US servers)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Bahumat said:
Gunnora did get banned. both video's were from Mordred the american PvP server but liek you said they did not ban him for radar....he flamed someone and mythic stung him with that lol

watch the end of teh video (2nd one) he mentions it on the credits

ahh ok, didnt know he made a second one.

Sorao

Fledgling Freddie
why not put in the COC somthing like a fine for ppl that use RADAR

like if seen to use radar u will face a £200 instant fine

and as u have to accept the coc when u play game if u get cort useing it its ur own fucking problem

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Sorao said:
why not put in the COC somthing like a fine for ppl that use RADAR

like if seen to use radar u will face a £200 instant fine

and as u have to accept the coc when u play game if u get cort useing it its ur own fucking problem

nice idea but impossible as u cant link an account to a certain person, even the credit card cant be traced or credited as there is easy ways to avoid that.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Belomar said:
Sure. Gank squads live to farm zergs and not fight other FGs, really! :rolleyes: If anything, it's the other way around, the gank squads would use the radar to avoid zergs and find isolated FGs...

you must know different gank squads ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Heta said:
bit sad, that the minstrel in the movie is still running around ingame :(

Camelot herald said:
Some will slip through, unfortunately, but we have no ethical choice but to err on the side of caution. Those we identified, but could not prove were cheating will remain on our watch list, and we will eventually get them.

guess he's one of the "some" - they can't just ban on video evidence alone - it is possible to fake.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Darksword said:
if Mythic own everything in the game which i think they do, then the characters on the account simply have no rights as they do not count as humans and so are not protected by any human rights laws, and mythic can choose to give them none. so they could release the name of the characters on the account, however that would be alot of names :p.

most of that is true. but being america theyd prolly end up with quite a few thousand of law suits. and as it IS america, the courts would probably rule in favour of the ppl that had their accounts banned.**

and secondly. while mythic would only name and shame the avatars on that account, they would passivly also name and shame the owners as theres probably quite many that knows each others real name and stuff.

** i mean, some idiot thought that the auto pilot on his house van was gonna drive the car all by itself and sued the manufactors when the car "didnt turn when the road did while the driver was in the back making coffee" and acually ended up getting a few million dollars for it... :eek7:

or that old lady that got 15 million dollars (or something along that insane ammount) for pouring hot mcdonalds coffee in her lap and sued mcdonalds because "the coffee was hot".

i mean. u can get away with absolutly anything in the US.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Belomar said:
Aye, that's exactly what Escape said, really! :rolleyes: By using the same logic surely you just admitted radar usage and gave the reason for it? Was that what you said? No :| (hint: spot the word "certain" in Escape's post :p)

Anyway, I've never ever said after a lost fight "Damn radarers!". Never. Frankly the biggest advantage of radar that I see of is avoiding something - high RR groups (erm, wtf would it display RR if it wasn't for it? If radar displayes all players surely you can spot the zerg without that info anyway? Or can someone point me out a gank squad that would leave low RR group alive :cool: ), zergs and stuff. In a good fg against good fg you have to follow the movement of the enemy group for a long time to actually get enough benefit of radar :| Or does it have huge range like whole zone? Oo

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Ctuchik said:
most of that is true. but being america theyd prolly end up with quite a few thousand of law suits. and as it IS america, the courts would probably rule in favour of the ppl that had their accounts banned.**

and secondly. while mythic would only name and shame the avatars on that account, they would passivly also name and shame the owners as theres probably quite many that knows each others real name and stuff.

** i mean, some idiot thought that the auto pilot on his house van was gonna drive the car all by itself and sued the manufactors when the car "didnt turn when the road did while the driver was in the back making coffee" and acually ended up getting a few million dollars for it... :eek7:

or that old lady that got 15 million dollars (or something along that insane ammount) for pouring hot mcdonalds coffee in her lap and sued mcdonalds because "the coffee was hot".

i mean. u can get away with absolutly anything in the US.

lol i heard about the auto pilot thingy.

thing is mythic should have more powerful lawyers than any of the casual gamers :p unless mr gates wants to play a troll skald or summit (he'd probs be a power gamer tho:D) saying that mcdonals should aswell so :p

Mnexxiz

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
Until Mytic (usa) and Goa (Europe) start to name and shame how do the players know that they have banned 107 accounts and suspended another 160 odd? They could just make up these numbers to make us think they are doing something about it.

I cant understand why they dont name and shame anyway.

GOA under the European laws concerning privacy especially in computer environments would have to close business if they do.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Mnexxiz said:
GOA under the European laws concerning privacy especially in computer environments would have to close business if they do.

irl names yes, but they could say which 'characthers' have been 'disqualified' and excluded from further play

seen this before in games which involved ladders/tournaments etc, no names or ips mentioned, simply: "xxxxx has been been disqualified" (and there was only one way to get 'disqualified' which was cheating :rolleyes: )

this can also be done in much more subtle ways, if they really wanted...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Darksword said:
lol i heard about the auto pilot thingy.

thing is mythic should have more powerful lawyers than any of the casual gamers :p unless mr gates wants to play a troll skald or summit (he'd probs be a power gamer tho:D) saying that mcdonals should aswell so :p

it only comes down to whos the best liar in the US courts. whoever of the lawyers that lies the best wins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom