WTF? Amazon seller feedback

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
long story short:
bought something from an amazon seller, was wrong thing, took a while to sort refund, etc, sent it back blah blah

then i get an email from them saying "please can you remove your feedback its embarassing for us as a small company" having left a 3/5 star 'not great, but ok' review

now isnt that a bit fucking rude?
and should i complain to amazon about it , if its worth it ?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Depends I guess.. if the delays were their fault then you could leave it but it sounds like they asked quite nicely? If it's a small company than the feedback will be important to them, if the issue is resolved I would delete it (depending on circumstances).

Whose fault was it that you bought the wrong thing?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Why? If it's an honest review leave it there...

They should improve their service.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Depends I guess.. if the delays were their fault then you could leave it but it sounds like they asked quite nicely? If it's a small company than the feedback will be important to them, if the issue is resolved I would delete it (depending on circumstances).

Whose fault was it that you bought the wrong thing?

was their fault, sent wrong thing

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Why? If it's an honest review leave it there...

They should improve their service.

:iagree:
Let it stand. It's their own fault for fumbling the customer service.
3/5 is neutral anyway.

soze

I am a FH squatter
If they sorted it all out as in a refund ect then i would probably leave no feedback at all as the transaction never happened. But as you have left it if it is fair then it needs to stay.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Surely the point of feedback is for people to tell others of they're own experiences, that was yours and you left an appropriate opinion. If they don't want people leaving anything other than highly positive feedback then they should work towards such opinions rather than give mediocre service then ask anyone who leaves anything less than stellar reviews to remove it.

You're probably not the first person they've asked to do this, you likely won't be the last.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Leave the review as it stands, and yes, you should let Amazon know. Merchants aren't supposed to try to game the system that way. They actually have the ability to respond to you within the feedback system itself, so customers can see both sides of the story.

I had a similar thing happen with a TripAdvisor review I did, and I've been on the other side of the coin where people have given stupid reviews for places I've been working at (although reviews are less of an issue for big brands in a lot of ways). This is just social media in action and they have to learn to live with it.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Whats the point of a review then? Sounds like its their fault they fucked up. Leave the review as it stands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom