Amazon Fire TV

Vae

Resident Freddy
Has been released in the UK for pre-order (23rd Oct) for £79 but is only £49 until Monday if you are an Amazon prime member.

I'm interested in it as a replacement for my tlbb (the little black box) which runs XBMC but isn't quite where I thought it would be speed, reliability and capability wise. I'll admittedly have to set up Plex to do so but it'll also make using amazon prime easier and at £49 I'm prepared to gamble on the higher spec box.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I have just ordered one too. I like the RPi but this can run Netflix and Amazon Prime Video too so I am all over this for £50.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Honestly, after picking up my chromecasts I can't see a reason for this unless your TV is out of your wifi range. ( well my chromecasts were £18 each so if you're a prime member £30 vs £50 the fire is attractive ).

soze

I am a FH squatter
Honestly, after picking up my chromecasts I can't see a reason for this unless your TV is out of your wifi range. ( well my chromecasts were £18 each so if you're a prime member £30 vs £50 the fire is attractive ).
You need the App that supports ChromeCast and a device to Cast it. The Fire is standalone the extra £32 is not an issue to me. I have a ChromeCast as well but I will get more use out of this I think.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Just ordered, along with the game controller just in case the kids want to play something

leggy

Probably Scottish
Thanks for that, just bought one. I was looking for something that was netflix and prime video compatible... I can now retire my ATV3 with plexconnect.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Got a Roku 3 so not worth it since I would lose some stuff to gain some other stuff.

Tilda

Very tempted to get one for my parents. Think they'd use it a lot. Only problem is my dad is obsessed with surround sound, and the Plex app is currently struggling to play Dolby surround unless you sideload Plexbmc, which sounds messy.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Is this purely so you can stream shows through the interwebs or is it also normal 'channels'?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom