Amazing BBC Spin!!!

rynnor

Rockhound
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21511904

Crazy stuff - my old home town of Enfield lost 25% of its british white people in the last ten years and its by no means the highest change.

These kinds of changes are surely not healthy for society? Over decades sure but in one short period?

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
How is that spin? It's from the census data so should be fact. The only rose-tinted "angle" the reporter has is his explanation for the reasons.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'll point this out again - this is the thing that Anders Brevik went on his rampage for.

So, we may disagree with his rampage - but he was certainly factually correct that the ethnic makeup of countries is being deliberately changed.

Chilly

Balls of steel
I don't see what the spin is? It's happening. A lot of people in the 40+ age range have made so much free money from their houses that they're off. A lot of people don't want to live in a Polish or Indian ghetto, either.

Chilly

Balls of steel
I'll point this out again - this is the thing that Anders Brevik went on his rampage for.

So, we may disagree with his rampage - but he was certainly factually correct that the ethnic makeup of countries is being deliberately changed.
Deliberately? It's a side effect of the economy demanding cheap labour. Locals are not keen so they are replaced by cheap foreign workers. I'm not sure if it's deliberate or just happening and no one cares enough to stop it.

rynnor

Rockhound
Deliberately? It's a side effect of the economy demanding cheap labour. Locals are not keen so they are replaced by cheap foreign workers. I'm not sure if it's deliberate or just happening and no one cares enough to stop it.

I think its actually been more fueled by benefits than employment and the housing benefit changes may impact this a lot.

Some of the movement of the established population reflects that London suburbs are an increasingly unpleasant place to live and the cripplingly high cost of housing there. Enfield like most London boroughs was not built for cars - roads are too narrow and parking places too few - plus the constant congestion/traffic jams - yeughh - I dont miss it tbh.

In Enfield we also saw the earlier Greek/Turkish/Cypriot immigrants who lived in palmers green area displaced north by the eastern european migrants.

rynnor

Rockhound
The only rose-tinted "angle" the reporter has is his explanation for the reasons.

Thats the bit - he plays it to the party line rather than more objectively.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The BBC analysis misses a factor which is actually fairly obvious when you look at the areas of white population increase; a lot of the people leaving London are retiring. The "white British" population is the ethnic group that's ageing fastest as all the fifties and sixties baby-boomers get old. They flog their London nest-eggs and retire to the country or abroad. Its not some deliberate policy, its just demographics; this particular population group (which I myself sit at the end of) have been defining British social change for the last half a century as the moved through the stages of their lives because they're simply such an enormous group.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I do love that there's white people and then "the rest" when it comes to census, making white people a minority at 45%.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I do love that there's white people and then "the rest" when it comes to census, making white people a minority at 45%.

So we can expect a remake of Zulu in a few years, set in Enfield.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
So we can expect a remake of Zulu in a few years, set in Enfield.

More meant that the 55% of non-white are probably more then one race and it's a bit "racist" to put it in statistics as whites being a minority because there's more non-whites around :p

rynnor

Rockhound
More meant that the 55% of non-white are probably more then one race and it's a bit "racist" to put it in statistics as whites being a minority because there's more non-whites around :p

Its not really saying non white - the vast majority of immigrants in the area are white - the stats are only for white british born people.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
No - its eastern european immigrants from what I have seen.
Zuluski then?

Why does it matter anyway? we're all people, we're all effected by our surroundings, sure people may bring poor values and morals with them, but slowly and surely they'll come into the melting pot of a mixed British culture that will turn out to dominate, and will hopefully be a non religious dominated culture.

Whites are moving out, 'Foreigners' are moving in, the joys of living in a city, if you want white people, go to North Wales.

This has been circulating around Facebook

205769_4576188041866_1039302038_n.jpg

Made me laugh

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The moral of that story, Gwadien, is don't be dumb enough to join a gun-toting group of people to be posted around the world to someone else's country, to shoot people who've never done anything to you, on the orders of someone you've never met.

:)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I think it's spin too. They tell you a fact, then spoon feed why actually it's not bad, despite what all you senses tell you, really it's a good thing.

soze

I am a FH squatter
My Family left Enfield 13 years ago after turf wars between Asian kids and Turkish kids saw 4 people shot in Tesco at the end of my Nans road. 26 of us in 12 house all star burst away. The play was a fucking dive back then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom