Am I Weird?

Gamah

Banned
So on Thursday I am sitting on the train waiting for the high speed service to pass my train for penzance.

The high speed service passes and sounds its horn..not unsual..the train doesn't move for 5 min...I get out and theres lots of activity..weird.

Someone had jumped in front of that high speed service, I looked round and saw the "remains" with missing bits.

Funny thing is I am unaffected...it didn't really bother me at all rather than feeling a momentry WTF queezyness.

weird?

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
todays TV and life stuffs makes you less queazy with things like this

its all TV fault

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
The reaction doesn't always hit at once, and might come later. The fact that you're talking about it here is probably a good way to deal with it. I highly doubt a sight like that has left you completely unaffected.

Gamah

Banned
Honestly I think had I seen it happen I may be a little funny about it, but tbh it was just a body (or parts thereof) of the track..I see bodys everyday on tv etc.

I don't think I am affected at all.. I was more pissed off that I missed most of my mates birthday party :p

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Gamah if you feel scared or emotionally upset by this, call me on 0800 555-lube for a bit of counsilling

Gamah

Banned
you have a 7 digit phone number? lies I think :|

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, things don't phase me either. Biggests reason i would've(so i've heard) made a rather good surgeon/doctor.

Was a good reason for chef school too, didn't mind sticking my hand inside a porks head and removing the brain :D

It's all individual when it comes to that sort of thing, and it's not necessarily the TV's "fault" per say. There were plenty of butchers, torturers, disembowling(sp?) in the dark ages and they didn't all go "Ngh, barf" at it.

Some are more sensitive, some are cold buggers.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
dunno if you are. it may all just hit you later.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Like a train?

I was thinking, if your whole life flashes before your eyes when you're about to die, then you'd better hope you'll die young or you're waiting around a bit while you expire :/

Gamah

Banned
I was thinking, if your whole life flashes before your eyes when you're about to die, then you'd better hope you'll die young or you're waiting around a bit while you expire :/

From Snatch

Snatch said:
Your life doesn't flash before your eyes because your too fucking scared, you just stand there, stand there a pull a stupid fucking face

Gamah

Banned
I can't die till I've spitroasted your mum with your unkle.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
heh reminds me of the other week tbh, some bloke ran infront of a bus in my town, this dad was on the bus with his daughter. He pointed at him and said well that will teach the silly sausage to his daughter and they both laughed. Was just so surreal.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
tbh the dad probably said that to distrct the daughter kids are wierd they fall over and wait to see if anyone looks concerned before they start crying lol.

Gam's your not wierd tbh you reacted in a good way tbh if it was me i'd prolly have had the right old heeby jeebies, i saw a deer that got hit by a truck years ago (i saw it years ago... the body its self was fresh) blood and guts all over the shop and boy i was really upset, i'd rather have reacted like "meh" and not felt sick for a few days than well going "aargh!!" and feeling sick for a few days Oo

anyhoo our reactions are what they are theyre usually what our body/mind deems best for us so my way of coping wouldnt suit you and your way wouldnt suit me.

personally these days if i see any suspicious lump in the distance in the road i avert my eys long before we get to it, this has resulted in me looking away from cardboard boxes, gloves, a shoe and even knickers (why are theyre always knickers in the road???).

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
anyhoo our reactions are what they are theyre usually what our body/mind deems best for us so my way of coping wouldnt suit you and your way wouldnt suit me.

Very well put and pretty much what I meant to say earlier, but didn't quite manage. :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
So on Thursday I am sitting on the train waiting for the high speed service to pass my train for penzance.

The high speed service passes and sounds its horn..not unsual..the train doesn't move for 5 min...I get out and theres lots of activity..weird.

Someone had jumped in front of that high speed service, I looked round and saw the "remains" with missing bits.

Funny thing is I am unaffected...it didn't really bother me at all rather than feeling a momentry WTF queezyness.

weird?

not wierd, just numb sadly.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
TBH I wouldn't have a clue how that would affect me, so I'd say there's nothing wierd / wrong / unusual. The alpha-reaction is shock / revulsion / latent physchological impact (nightmares, etc). Everyone's unique. Your way is just how you reacted at the time.

I wouldn't worry overly about it if poss.

Gins

Loyal Freddie
stuff like that doesn't (weird enough) bother me either..

I'd be "grph now my train is delayed!" more like

Blame it on beeing the MTV generation not knowing emotions!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
not wierd, just numb sadly.

Why is it sad that someone doesn't go all "oh my god eaurgh blargh!" about something? It's just a case of "non sensitivies".

About what Eq said, i do agree a bit, though some us don't even need to cope with things.

"Se, how are you coping with your fathers death?" Erm...i'm not? He's dead, end of.

My father isn't dead, but that's about the reaction i would give for that tosser. But that's probably 'cause of my beliefs and all that anyhoopdiduu.

Just that, there' nothing "inhuman" or "sad" about not being effected by people getting groaked.

MaCaBr3

Banned
Personally I don't have a problem with it either. I look at gore pictures allot on the internet without it affecting me. I think I just got used to it. Also as a kid I saw a parachutist fall to his death because his chute didn't open. Ok, I haven't seen a real life serious injury or death, but I don't think it would affect me. Some people handle the sight of blood better then others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom