Am I totally cack-handed ?

A

Atomic Rammer

Firstly coz I use invert mouse (mouse up aim down)

I also use:
home fwd
end back
insert str left
pg_up str right
delete gren1
pg_down gren2
ctrl jump
kp_4 duck

I only got 2 mouse buttons.

Has anyone got a better controller setup than that?
If I have a gren primed I can only strafe in one direction!
Does everyone have this prob or am I making things difficult for myself.
Is invert mouse a common setting?

A

Atomic Rammer

Oh yeah just so theres no confusion, those keys are for my right hand, and I mouse with my left, even tho I'm right handed.
(It was a desk space issue when I first started playing!)

O

old.Cornholio

what ever you feel comfy with!

i use...

a,s,d,f,c,w,e,r,t, space, q, w, alt and the mouse button1+2

nice

l

mr corn

A

Atomic Rammer

Well yeah of course I feel comfy with mine, I have found it to be the most ergonomic key config for me that I can find, but the strafe while gren thing is annoying, I wondered if anyone has a cunning solution?

Do u use invert mouse?

P.S
Thats a lot of keys u use there, but I'm sure you can pack a few more in. Have you tried using your elbow on kp_enter?
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by SYDEEREAL (edited 24 February 2000).]

O

old.KTM

I use the standard keys, W&S forward and back, A&D for strafe, and f and g for grens.
So I had the same problem with grenades, but now I have it so you press f/g once to prime the grenade and then again to throw it.
It still means you can't continually strafe right when you want to throw a grenade but it helps.
Also I tried binding shift to throw gren2, so that I could keep strafing. I'm too used to my previous settings though and I hardly ever use the shift option.

O

old.frankie

god damned u r all freaks
smile.gif

i use forward for forward, back for back, left for stf left, etc etc, and just use the mouse and mouse wheel for rest, tis simple, and i can win with it
smile.gif

------------------
----------------------
-------------------------
----------------------
DR_FRANKENSTIEN

A

Atomic Rammer

What? U throw grens with the mouse wheel?

I only got a 2 button mouse but just out of interest how exactly does that work?

And does anyone in the whole of the universe use invert mouse?

G

Yep, I do.

I used to play a lot of flight sims, and I just got used to the 'push up for down' way of doing things.

O

old.frankie

its the natural normal way, caus normal peoples minds are inverted, and other people (normally perverts etc) are not inverted if that makes any sense.

------------------
----------------------
----------------------
DR_FRANKENSTIEN

G

You know....I always thought there was something odd about the way the scouts mince their way around
smile.gif

O

old.bee

I remember the good old days when I used keyboard only (in duke3d) and still kicked arse against people using mouse.

then quake came along and I just had to go for the mouse. Thank god I did!

Mr.Bee

A

Atomic Rammer

So how did u set up the grens frankie?

What exactly do u do to the mouse with your hand to throw one?

O

old.frankie

i dont use the wheel mouse to throw the gren, all i do is use the wheel on the mouse to select all the weapons i want, because the up and down wheel movement is binded to next and prev weapons, once selected, u press fire to use, and then fire again to shoot, or throw.

------------------
----------------------
----------------------
DR_FRANKENSTIEN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom