Am i the only one...

O

old.LandShark

Who gets ripped up by rangers in melee?
Found eleasias in DF today (ran straight towards his hiding place but didn't realise it as i didnt uncover him), took one arrow in the back for 280 and then got meleed dead in a surprisingly short time. I'm lvl48 and in a mostly AF98 armor set, Ele was using prince thruster and Dob's doodah, i was using a crafted jambiya...

I dunno, am i some kind of gimp or are rangers MEANT to melee better than hunters? :D

edit: this is NOT a 'nerf rangers' thread ;p

E

Eblessair

They melee fast, and if specced right, hit for a nice ammount of dmg :)

O

old.Moriaana

I like my ranger. :)
If I get surprised/aggroed by a yellow con mob I can usually melee my way out of trouble. Granted I usually need 10 mins or so to recover health, but its nice to know I CAN do it if I have to......
It seems to work against Albs/Mids too, although we are talking 20-24bg here :p

O

old.LandShark

looking back at the log, i now see that i hurt him from full health down to the point where my grey pet (young necyomancer i think, deep deep grey) finished him after i died. So i guess it was closer than i thought...
Would have won fairly easily if he hadn't put that arrow in me first.
Ah well, bit of a waste of a thread this :p

D

Danya

Eleasias is specced to have a fair bit of melee, a lot of rangers are much crapper. ;)

C

censi

Eleasias is specced to have a fair bit of melee, a lot of rangers are much crapper.

Aye, im one of those crappy ones. I do hit very fast, but the damage is a bit feeble... Kinda of rely on getting a sneaker style snare from behind, or a diamond back stun to get back to a nice bow range if i ever get caugth in mellee.

Sort of regretting not playing a Bladed Celt. Overal they are sligthley more versitile than lurikeens.... They can snipe just as good (negliable difference) but they tank a hell of a lot better (pound for pound all speccs be equal)

E

Eleasias

the pet was green and i was at half end when we started so i couldnt do styles in the end :|

T

tilde

Maybe he wore his EPIC-ARMOR....;)

And he uses thrust and u chain, ask any middie how they feel about that :rolleyes:

X

Xero-X

simple answer : eleasias has high piercing

so hes pretty effective in melee , and u were prolly missing , cause his dagger of soulshade proccs VERY often ( BT proc )

T

Tranquil-

aww, and all thrust damage just eats poor chera :)

Users who are viewing this thread