Am I the only one going LD on every port in NF and ToA?

Vladislav

Fledgling Freddie
Hi everyone,

since the beginning of NF I have this strange bug. I go LD whenever I port in NF and ToA, if my destination is not completely empty. If there are players around, I can see them emoting and hear them talking, but my middle lag indicator goes red and I go LD after about 20 or 30 seconds.

Before NF this was not an issue, I could port from djinn to djinn all night long. I havent changed anything, havent even installed any software when the bug occured first. After I rightnowed the bug with no help given by GOA I replaced all drivers, disabled firewall and AV soft and reinstalled DAoC, but all that didnt help. When I use my laptop (unbearable 5 to 10 fps) to play, I can port all night long, so my router is not the problem as well.

If anyone of you have an idea, I d be more than happy to listen.

Thx in advance

Vladislav Leydenfelsz

[edit]
I waited till now, because I knew that 1.71 should help lag, but at least for me it seems to be the other way round. Some lagspikes are in the 110 to 15 sec range... o_O
[/edit]

leviathane

Part of the furniture
nah i go ld sometimes, especially when i try and port when using 2 accounts :D

raid

Can't get enough of FH
I had basically same problem except it happened only in NF, never in toa... Sometimes i got a message saying "you have entered (null)" before ld.

Did some searching on forums back then and apparently updating network card drivers or switching to a regular PCI card from the network "card" which is integrated on motherboard helped for many people.

Updating drivers didn't help me though, but finally got rid of the problem when I changed from windows xp home to the pro version and reinstalled everything.

Afran

Part of the furniture
It's your network card. Update the drivers.

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
raid said:
Sometimes i got a message saying "you have entered (null)" .

Haha, i did that aswell. was wired, i ported to aerus from abor glen place (from where you finish Jashans brother) and then it said: "you have entered (null)" and i just stood close to a wall for like 5-10 seconds, then i ported... to Caer Gothwait!!! i mean wtf is that? hahaha

just as uber as when i walked a loong walk (without speed) to housing... Then as i saw housing entrence, i spawned 100meters in the air above some goblin camp in LYONESSE! then i was pissed... its pretty bugged sometimes^^

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Very common with Netgear cards. 'Downgrade' to the drivers on the Netgear site from the Windows XP ones fixed it for me.

Darzil

Ariimaith Silverfrost

Fledgling Freddie
Bump....

Hoping to find a solution that helps my friend Vladi. The bug is a nightmare and GOA have'nt been able to help :-(

Please post any other suggestions. Imagine if you went LD everytime you ported in NF. RvR almost impossible...

Arimaith Silverfrost
Sorceror Primus

Vladislav

Fledgling Freddie
Update

I updated network card drivers (onboard NForce3) again, along with every other driver on my system and the behavior wont change, but I now know for sure, that it has to do with how many people are in the area that I port to. Super early morning ports (4 am CET) seems to work mostly, while in primetime its absolutely useless. When I die, and /release to CS I go LD most of the time as well, maybe because of the BBs hanging around there.

So if anyone has another idea, I would be mucho grateful.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
try ticking the 'Check all files' part as your loading daoc.
Once when my Client crashed i had this, some ToA files were missing

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Well, or corrupted at least.

Anyway, I used to have this before I reformatted Windows last month. I'm not quite sure what caused it and what fixed it for (it may have been the newer drivers I got, for both my NIC and my mobo chipset)

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
I had the same problem when I started playing on Avalon - would LD when zoning, when i clicked "show hookpoints" in my house and all sorts of crazy shit. It was most annoying. Got a new network card and problem was gone.

Vladislav

Fledgling Freddie
Problem solved! \o/

Thx to everyone that helped squish this nasty bug! The hint of Uliea proved to be just what I needed. You did what GOA and RightNow couldnt do, thx again, I am off to port all nite long... ;P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom