Am i strange ?

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I was on the way home from my local 24h service station and i hit a hedgehog with the undercarriage of my car but not the wheels and i cursed myself for the last mile or so home but my conscience wouldn't let me go inside to smoke/sleep w/o checking if the poor little fella was decked out in the middle of the road left to die alone or worse be crippled so the next driver would squish him, soooooo... i went off into the night at half 1 in the morning with my trusty flashlight with it's battery dying to see if i could find him.

Turns out i didn't find him but i also found no bloodstains or couldn't hear hedgehog in pain noises, i think they are one of the coolest creatures going and they make the funniest noises when you come across them hence my concern.

So am i a nice guy a weirdo or just plain strange ? Discuss

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
No not really, animal lover with a lingering mind but you could have pulled over and checked then and there? Saved the time maybe ;p

And don't ever swerve to miss an animal, unless its a cow or something lol, killing someone else over an animal would be worse ;)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Everything makes more sense in retrospect, i thought of driving back but it was my walk of shame :p

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I did the same with a baby rabbit in Cornwall, came round the bend to find it in the middle of the road, they just freeze for some reason, like some catatonic state, so stopped about twenty cars behind me , got out and put it in the hedge.
Everyone in the pub said 'It'll die anyway' with reasons including
'The smell of your hands'
'Other rabbits saw it and will shun it'
'It will die later of fright'
It seems the urban myth is the backbone of knowledge in this country.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
hehe not at all, when I was a kid I was in a red cross children's club and the woman who used to pick us up did the same thing on the way home, I screamed blue murder and we couldn't go home till had found the hedgehog and delivered him safely into a garden...I was always coming home with injured animals because I lived in the country, but I'd still do it today if I saw one :)

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
'Other rabbits saw it and will shun it'

LOL

i have this image of two rabbits talking going "did you hear about John?"
"No what happened?"
"oh he was crossing the road and a car came and he froze. He had to be picked up by a human"
"Haha what a tool!"
"Yeah, im not drinking with him again"

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The waiting around part was a bit strange, just pull over right away next time ;)

Cruel bastard, waiting for hours and hours on end just to let the poor fella suffer(possibly) :p

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
only because the strangers I swaffle are rough as fuck usually :(

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Strange. Just because if you knew it would bother you that much why the smeg did you go home before checking.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Totally normal. Sometimes I still think about the dog I hit some 12 years back... :(

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I walked back 5 minutes later, there was no hours :p

And we have hedgehogs in the field behind our house making funny noises all the time , hedgehogs rox

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Yes Jimmy you are.

....but not for the hedgehog thing :p

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
hehe not at all, when I was a kid I was in a red cross children's club and the woman who used to pick us up did the same thing on the way home, I screamed blue murder and we couldn't go home till had found the hedgehog and delivered him safely into a garden...I was always coming home with injured animals because I lived in the country, but I'd still do it today if I saw one :)

my mom used to work in a kindergarden. Each year they had indian camp week where we'd sleep in a tippi, eat food over fire and all that jazz. So driving there with my mom and another employee, real funny guy, we hit a pheasant (sp?).
Since it was indian weekend he picked it up and stuck an arrow in its ass. Took it back to the camp and told all the young'uns that he had shot it with bow and arrow. Some kids started crying and some were amazed by this mans skills!

The same guy would also dare me to piss on electrical fences :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom