Am I Bovvered?

Is Catherine Tate even the remotist bit funny?

• Yes

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 29 58.0%
  • Who's Catherine Tate?

Votes: 16 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kryten

Old Cow.
And anyone stating "Am I Bovvered" will instantly be battered with an old lady's thong after a particularly hefty workout.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
i just don't find it funny at all. And I can't quite see why. It just seems that the whole show, what I've seen of it, is built around catchphrases and unfunny characters.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Come to think of it : are there any funny comediennes around these days?
There's only 2 people that spring to mind : the genius Victoria Wood and Jo Brand. Just seems that comedy in most flavours these days is geared soley towards moronic teenagers :/

Whipped

Part of the furniture
There are quite a few that I beleive are still funny, although most don't have any tv shows on at the moment.

Bill Bailey
Rich Hall
Stephen Fry
Paul Merton
Peter Kay
Lee Evens
Daivd Baddiel, although only when he is with Frank Skinner and vis versa.

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
Comedian (male)/Comedienne (female), you great banana. I can only think of a few from The Green Wing.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yes, but I think your missing the point Whipped, as they are all male.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Ah, a thread to restore my faith in the sanity of FHers.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I prefer to watch the comedy stand up nights on Paramount.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Whipped : Some truly brilliant talent there, but I did mean comedienne (female).
The men of comedy are suffering the same sort of fate (pandering to teenagers) however we are still blessed with the "older" folks - billy connolly, jasper carrott, lee evans etc. As long as they are still getting on stage and being funny, we'll be alright. I just miss the old days of Python, Not the Nine Oclock News, Rik Mayall and Ade Edmondson etc. Yes a lot of it was purile but you could easily tell that most of it (ok, some of it) was penned by someone with some grey matter between their ears.

Ooh, btw : anyone think that Hugh Laurie is a greatly underrated actor? Just watched House for the first time and I'm damned impressed. The guy has a multitude of talents.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Whipped said:
There are quite a few that I beleive are still funny, although most don't have any tv shows on at the moment.

Bill Bailey
Rich Hall
Stephen Fry
Paul Merton
Peter Kay
Lee Evens
Daivd Baddiel, although only when he is with Frank Skinner and vis versa.

Clearly not women. And in the case of Lee Evans (that's EVANS not EVENS ffs), not even funny. The rest are good though.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Tried watching 'Tittybangbang' recently, that's pretty terrible as well! It's like little britain, but without the jokes (which were originally funny, but tend to get repeated every episode, and therefore get annoying).

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
inactionman said:
Tried watching 'Tittybangbang' recently, that's pretty terrible as well! It's like little britain, but without the jokes (which were originally funny, but tend to get repeated every episode, and therefore get annoying).

Yeah, most of Tittybangbang made me cringe. Some of the characters looked like good ideas, but badly written.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Only seen about 10 minutes of one show and thought that was enough, didn't find her in the least bit amusing alas :(

Whipped

Part of the furniture
ok, so tehy were men. Funny woman ...... ummm .....

Jessica Stevenson and the one that was in Extras are resonably funny, but not pant wetting.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
There are an awful lot of funny people about, just very few good comedy shows, especially sketch shows at the moment.

Little Britain seems to have killed things off briefly (and i always felt little britain was a poor mans attempt at a copy of League of Gentlemen) However the comedy circuit is still pretty good (although i need to go to more comedy clubs) IMO they should show a lot more stnadup on TV, the Jack Dee hosted show was pretty good, although they really should showcase new and existing talent.

I'm just waiting for the new series of green wing to come out, and hoping that Simon Pegg hasn't forgotten that he always planned to do a third series of Spaced ;)

A for Catherine Tate, she is just a piss poor ripoff of little britain which isn't really saying much!

throdgrain

FH is my second home
mank said:
it's not as bad as little britain.

Its indeed nothing like as bad as crappy Little Britain. Catherine Tate is superb compared to that load of dross :(

xane

Fledgling Freddie
DaGaffer said:
Clearly not women. And in the case of Lee Evans (that's EVANS not EVENS ffs), not even funny. The rest are good though.

I don't think much of Lee Evans myself, but having seen that clip "The Lee Evans Trio" (do a google) I defy you not to find it funny, I even considered getting some of his DVDs after that one.

Chilly

Balls of steel
She isnt *that* crap. I agree some of her sketches are a bit rubbash. But some of em are alright.

There should have been a maybe option in that poll.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Tbh her brand of "comedy" was so poor I thought there's either gonna be a "yes, she's funny and I'm just trying to get out of my straight jacket having seen her show from the window in my rubber room" or "no" :)
I guess people's tastes are adapting to the new stuff :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom