Am confused, please help!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
If I pay £59.99 to play will I have an account to play the game properly once it's released?

I keep seeing this Live Game Headstart but was not sure if this is just the bonus xp item you get.

also if it does include a game account, that would mean we'd need to download it yeh?

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Normally these things give you access to a special pre-release/post-beta where the game is fit for release, but only open to those who forked out the cash to get in early.

Normally you'd get the game installation disks for your account, a code to activate it which corresponds with the early entry.

Normally this early entry is not open to beta testers and comes after the beta is complete but prior to release, only those who have paid for it.

Normally you also get some free tat and some free in-game junk that is essentially just something pretty to show-off with (FFXI was a silly panda bear i think, SWG was the ability to wear sunglasses, WoW was a free labotomy etc).

Normally people go for this to see the game before the hordes descend on it, to get a head-start on grinding to high level, to bag their names/guild names etc.

But honestly, no-one knows at this point for certain what it entails.

Anar

One of Freddy's beloved
If I pay £59.99 to play will I have an account to play the game properly once it's released?

I keep seeing this Live Game Headstart but was not sure if this is just the bonus xp item you get.

also if it does include a game account, that would mean we'd need to download it yeh?

Well they way I understand it at the moment is (and i may be well of the mark here!) if you order from Play.com Play.com (UK) : Warhammer Online: Age Of Reckoning - Collector's Edition : PC Games - Free Delivery @£59.99 you get:

Open BETA access
Live game head start
Bonus in-game content - "Rittenbach's portable camp" and "Guardian's iolite band"

But if you order from Game.co.uk £39.99 you dont get the above but all they other CE stuff. So that says to me basically your paying £20 to Beta test (yer ok you get a head start Oooo) the game for them (when Open beta appears) :touch:

As I say I may be well of the mark here though :confused:

Eloran

Fledgling Freddie
Well they way I understand it at the moment is (and i may be well of the mark here!) if you order from Play.com Play.com (UK) : Warhammer Online: Age Of Reckoning - Collector's Edition : PC Games - Free Delivery @£59.99 you get:

Open BETA access
Live game head start
Bonus in-game content - "Rittenbach's portable camp" and "Guardian's iolite band"

But if you order from Game.co.uk £39.99 you dont get the above but all they other CE stuff. So that says to me basically your paying £20 to Beta test (yer ok you get a head start Oooo) the game for them (when Open beta appears) :touch:

As I say I may be well of the mark here though :confused:

Actually I think the bonus ingame content is included with any CE so the £20 gets you open beta access and live game headstart. Strange how a $5 fee to cover game download translates into 8E, £5 for Europe and then Play.com thinks £40 + £5 = £60

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
anyhow i just ordered it, i hope play.com gives the keys i will need in time ^^ , and not get a delay .
I dont even need the box to come to be honest, i just need these 3 keys on time ^^ !! :(

Bahumat

FH is my second home
anyhow i just ordered it, i hope play.com gives the keys i will need in time ^^ , and not get a delay .
I dont even need the box to come to be honest, i just need these 3 keys on time ^^ !! :(

Yeah I just ordered mine too!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Oh I think I understand now (feel like a dumbass)

You pay 60 quid to play.com (or whomever) and they (in autumn) send you the collectors edition with the game & extras/accessories.

But once they confirm the payment, they email you the special code thingy

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Actually I think the bonus ingame content is included with any CE so the £20 gets you open beta access and live game headstart. Strange how a $5 fee to cover game download translates into 8E, £5 for Europe and then Play.com thinks £40 + £5 = £60
You obviously haven't read anything very clearly then. There is an in-game item ONLY available with the pre-order pack. It is different depending on whether you buy from an e-tailer of off the the high street.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom