ALT TAB in SI

D

darzil

Anyone seen / experienced, or even better fixed this ?

I have DoaC installed on three machines at the moment (though I'll only play on one at a time). On two of them, one can alt tab and use other applications ok (such as a crafting worksheet / internet explorer, etc.). On the third, the game takes up 99%+ CPU time, and anything else takes minutes (or even hours) to load or work.

Compaq Laptop (Pentium III 1.8 GHz, 512 MB Memory, Mobility Radeon 7500, Win 2000 Pro) - fine, but probably not up to RvR.

Compaq Desktop (Pentium IV 2GHz, 256 MB Memory, Intel 82845G Graphics, Win 98 SE) - fine, well for crafting, anyway.

Home Machine (Athlon 2600+, 768 MB Memory, GeForce 4 4600 Ti, Win XP Pro) - great for playing the game. Everything pitifully slow in the background. (Had the same problem when it was an Athlon 1400 on a different Motherboard, too).

Any ideas ?

O

old.moriath

Well windows does a thing that shares resources and the game when in focus gets preference over the other apps when they running up in the back ground.

There is a way in windows XP to change the bias from back ground to foreground tasks. Donno where it is tho suppose you could search google for it.

I'm guessing but i bet your home pc has a lot more rubbish runing in the background on boot up ? Than the (i presume) work machines.

Try killing all background programs (right on the task bar next to the clock) and see if that makes any difference.

D

darzil

Other way round, actually. My home PC runs Anti-Virus, Zone Alarm, and nothing else.

My work one, being a laptop, has all sorts of little TSRs.

I'll try altering the preferences for Foreground / Background.

I'll also try disabling Virus Checking for the Camelot files, as I've known it to be an issue on Application Servers at work with applications that open files a lot.

Cheers,
Chris

D

darzil

Well, I changed the settings to give preference to Background processes, and the cache to give preference to System processes, but it made no difference. Nor did excluding the Shrouded Isle directory from the Anti-Virus.

Any other ideas, folks ?

Anyone else suffering this ?

Cheers,
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread