[SUGGESTION] Alliance Chat

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I may have figured out part of why its borked. I might be wrong of course :)

I have found that when I zone or enter/leave scenario that a character that previously had alliance chat access then loses it. I've raised this in a bug report in game already. If I exit the game and re-enter I get alliance chat access back. Bear in mind I'm talking about alts, not my main which is guild leader mega access etc.

I got to thinking why this would happen. Everything that follows is guesswork.

I'm guessing that when a toon zones, that the game client checks the permissions for various access such as guild and alliance. I think that something it previously relied on as a 'given' (or global variable) has been taken away. It is a variable that is only set at first login. Its something that is not checked in the game code later on.

I cannot assist with checking what this variable is. But this seems to be on the right track of what is going wrong.

CSRs are telling people to leave alliance and rejoin. It doesn't work. So don't waste your time if you get told this. No offense to the CSRs, they are probably working with limited info on this.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
I find it really funny when a char of mine gets the msg :"you have no permission for that chat" when she's trying to speak in /a, while at the same time I see a msg in /ao roll by.

Danita

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I was against the 'leave alliance, rejoin alliance' fix from the start - the guild interface is pretty unwieldy and people don't start out with a default alliance rank appropriate to their guild rank. Last night another guild left the alliance and rejoined and the problem started again for them.

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
The issue would seem to be with assigned rather than assumed ranks if GMs aren't having problems. Nothing to do with "main toons". Pretty sure this also happened last time we moved servers. Come to that, so did the guild cloak thing. This raises a question;

Is anyone who has not recently transferred onto a new server experiencing these issues?

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
We recreated our heraldry after moving and had no problems. The heraldry problem only began (for us anyway) after GOA did their maintainance the other day, implying that something changed in the database during the merges.

Perhaps resetting the guild heraldry so it needs to be recreated would fix it, if it was a one-time database issue, rather than a programme issue with the client or server code.

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
Hm, thinking about it, you're right - the heraldry problem was post 1.2, not post move, indicating it's probably not connected to the transfers, but I'm pretty sure people have been experiencing the /as and /ao problem since transfer.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Just to add that my chars and guild has never moved server.

Danita

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
Is there any news on when Mythic's likely to fix this? /as and /ao work when I log in (or relog) but as soon as I zone, I lose my alliance permissions. Do they even know what's causing it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom