Alliance and Guild meeting in Midgard!

Oneeyedjack

Fledgling Freddie
Since our attempts to find people online has failed we will now take the next step. Calling for an Alliance and Guild meeting in Midgard.

Date: Tuesday 27th of Feb.

Time: 21.00 CET (8pm GMT)

Place: Virtuel meeting (I will have a bg up and running)

Who should come?
All leaders of the alliances in Midgard. All interested GMs from big and/or small guilds in Midgard. Officers or representives from guilds/alliances not present with a leader or a GM. And finally players that have good and positive ideas on how to unite Midgard better.

Who will be there?
Leaders from both former-Excal Alliances will attend (RSA and FoMA) + hopefully many GMs/officers form guilds that are interested in a last attempt to keep Midgard alive.

What will we discuss?
Matters concerning Midgard as a realm. How can we coorperate better? Both RvR and PvE. Do we need to merge alliances? Do we need to merge guilds? What is Midgards future on Duvet? How do we organize us?

I hope all will discuss in your guilds and alliances how you stand on these matters, before the meeting tuesday, so we have ideas ready to discuss. We will have many different views to discuss, but I hope all will join with an open mind and a positive attitude. I urge all people to lay aside any personal feuds and grudges on this meeting so we can have a good debate.

Please help us spread the word online in all of Midgard, so all guilds and alliances are aware of this meeting.

I hope to see as many alliances and guilds on tuesday as possible. Make sure your alliance and or guild is represented on this meeting by a GM/Officer/Official so your get heard or hear whats happening in Midgard. :)

Best regards,
Goorg (Alliance leader from RSA, GM of RS) and
Yulia/Jack (Alliance leader from FoM, GM of TDA).
:drink:

Boomling

Fledgling Freddie
think thats the best idea i have seen for a long time, atm midgaard defence is a BIG joke we just let them take keep as they want. only few cares, but we cry alot when we loose relic, but if there is no defence ,no relic so simple is it. If albs make a AC raid , we just do that also, like when we took our relic back.
I know laby is fun place to be, but our frontier is also important if we want the relic and it gives some moral to have a clean frontier
We must take a stand will we fight or surrender ?, If we just give them the keep i will stop defending our frontier an find something more fun to do

so wake up midies

I will ofcourse join that meeting, we have to do something about it

/Ling

sry my bad english but hope u get my point

Punj

Fledgling Freddie
too many soloers and not enough group/realm players is the problem and has been for a while.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
too many soloers and not enough group/realm players is the problem and has been for a while.

guess only those soloers are left in realm, groupplayers aka 8v8 (these who blaime rest of realm adding etc, spoiling own fun) has left the building to merrier places?
personally have allways join realmwide stuff when its possible, yet most of time run solo or whit some guildies.
dont depends so much other peeps, guess those have left server who allways need/Want 8-20 peeps around because alone stand middle aegir/jordheim and keep finger in some dark place where sun dont shine because dont know what to do, call these example Borgs? :)
sadly albs have still most of these peeps left.

Zimzum

Fledgling Freddie
ok

Nice idea,

Apocalipsis will try to be there to bring help. Our RvR fg gonna be ready soon to roam around.

See yah! :cheers:

Punj

Fledgling Freddie
guess only those soloers are left in realm, groupplayers aka 8v8 (these who blaime rest of realm adding etc, spoiling own fun) has left the building to merrier places?
personally have allways join realmwide stuff when its possible, yet most of time run solo or whit some guildies.
dont depends so much other peeps, guess those have left server who allways need/Want 8-20 peeps around because alone stand middle aegir/jordheim and keep finger in some dark place where sun dont shine because dont know what to do, call these example Borgs? :)
sadly albs have still most of these peeps left.

you can include 8vs8 people in what i said aswell, once upon a time this was a realm warfare game and helping your realm was the most important factor.

sadly those days are gone:(

Meril

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah blame the 8v8 ppl for the demise of midgard .. most fg guilds was always there when the realm needed them in relic raids and such .. I know we have helpd on many fom alliance raid .. and by we i mean 8v8guilds .. the only thing we got for the trouble was flame and whine when we wanted to play the game the way we liked.
With that said ill just say goodluck, and i hope u succed with the meeting and reawaken the midgard spirit.

Legaethiel

Fledgling Freddie
I wish Albion was that well organised: best of luck with your plans. It sounds a very good idea, and it can only benefit you in the future. I think it can be in the best interests of the cluster, if other realms did likewise. I hope it works out for you. No sarcasm meant in this posting.

hanza

Fledgling Freddie
greetings fellow midgardians,

i will be there jack just in case no other TDA officer can't attend.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Yeah blame the 8v8 ppl for the demise of midgard .. most fg guilds was always there when the realm needed them in relic raids and such .. I know we have helpd on many fom alliance raid .. and by we i mean 8v8guilds .. the only thing we got for the trouble was flame and whine when we wanted to play the game the way we liked.
With that said ill just say goodluck, and i hope u succed with the meeting and reawaken the midgard spirit.

Qft at its best!

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
prydwen Of was ok fg:s running around, dunno excal situation, only what read time by time.
personally notice those days these GG:s was indeed helping realm in RR etc. think i have never "whine" how these GG:s act out these "events"
if have done?
its 100% sure how they behave against own realmfriends, looking over nose and acting like realm/players own them big time, other need pay 100p every blessed day so this uberplayer give mercy to us and dont move other realm/server :D
this kind acting jerk can move same speed out from realm, just wish door dont hit his butt when leave realm.

RR etc organised raids just have been ~5% gametime, rest peeps/guilds/alliances have been doing own stuff and this keep realm active + willing use every possible stuff to defense, and help other get his own char to full potential FOR REALM, not only self and his best friend (who´s offcourse allso uberplayer)

personally try show up meeting, but can be close call, need my good/deep/relaxing sleep every night before get up 4.30am cet :)

suggest one stuff up, we need somekind open pl stuff to get new chars for realm, aka pl seers only to lvl50 in modern because atm we lack them badly.
hibs have somekind this stuff going, dunno albs?

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
the OP doesnt blame anyone , but deals with the fact that the population is declining.

playstyle is not the issue here and thread alone should suffice as proof that there still is players left in midgard who will try to find workable solutions.

in other words , just show up :)

cmr

Banned
and flaming a part of the community in a thread like this is going to help

you act like that and point the blame elsewhere?

anyway good luck in sorting somthing out but defending the frontiers seems to be on hold while people are zerging laby

Punj

Fledgling Freddie

such hate, i'm only pointing out that the game was at it's best before SI. when people didn't really 8vs8 or solo(not including stealthers) that much.

it was unheard of to watch a realm mate under any circumstance:mad:

Vonwar

One of Freddy's beloved
Hey Goorg and Yulia,

Thank you for a nice initiative, we will be at the meeting with one or two representatives from our gulid.

Cya there.

Best regards

Vonwar
Guildmaster of Danish Huscarls.

krall

Fledgling Freddie
and flaming a part of the community in a thread like this is going to help

you act like that and point the blame elsewhere?

anyway good luck in sorting somthing out but defending the frontiers seems to be on hold while people are zerging laby

get ur .....out of laby. Was fun the first day, and maybe the 2 day

Oneeyedjack

Fledgling Freddie
Update from meeting

First of all, I would like to thank all the people that came last night and joined the meeting. Was nice to see so many people was able to join and still care about the future of Midgard on Dyvet.

We had two major issues on the table for debate:

1. Merging of alliances.

2. Coorperation between alliances.

Regarding the first issue, it became clear that there is still a need for at least 2 major alliances in Midgard. The reasons why was discussed on the meeting, but the major concern was: protecting small guild from merging into bigger guilds, keeping the a capacity of guilds to be able to claim our keeps and towers, and different views on how alliances is to be run.

Two big statements was made regarding merging alliances:
1. RSA (Red Shadow Alliance) will keep exsisting as it is, with same rules, same leaders and same guilds. But atm they are 15 guilds and are open to new guilds that wants to apply for membership. I wont go into what RSA stands for, that I will leave the leaders of RSA to explain to interested guilds.

2. The FoM alliance and members of the New Era alliance will try and sort some kind of a merge into one alliance. Not all guilds from New Era was present on the meeting, but some of the guilds was open to a merge. The specific details on what this alliance will be called, who is going to join, how many open spots there is and what the rules will be is NOT yet decided. But it was clear that we had many similar views and interests on how to run an alliance. All the active guilds in FoM alliance will join this union of guilds + hopefully as many New Era guilds as possible, we also hope guilds from other alliances (Norrsken/BC + guilds without an alliance) will be interested in joining this new alliance or RSA, both alliances will have open spots for interested guilds.

These was the 2 main statements on merging alliances.

Regarding the second issue - coorperation between alliances. I suppose this will be mainly coorperation between RSA and the new alliance, but if there is any other alliances out there, they are more than welcome to use the same channels we will be using. We dicided to get a stronger offline coorperation started again. For that we will use the RSA Forum. A special part have been created for GMs and officers from all alliances in Midgard to join - http://forums.redshadows.eu/
You may need to drop one of the admins a pm if you want access to special parts of the forum. We will try and use this forum for PvE and RvR event cross alliances and ofc basic chat. :) The offline coorperation should hopefully lead to more PvE and RvR events together and make people interested in making events for all to join. So make sure to join there if you are a GM or officer in a guild on Dyvet Midgard. We will also try and sort out some kind of schedule or plan for claiming the keeps and towers in Midgard on that forum.

If your guild is interested in joining either RSA or the new alliance you are welcome to make contact with one of the following GMs:

RSA - Goorg (GM of Red Shadows)

New alliance - Yulia/Oneeyedjack (GM of TDA and leader of FoM alliance)
New alliance - Vonwar (GM of Danish Huscarls member of New Era)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom