All US servers down ?

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Below quote from www.camelotherald.com

Servers Coming Down

Sorry for the short notice, everyone. We're taking all of the live servers (and Pendragon) down at 10:00 AM EDT today to fix some issues that cropped up over the weekend. Estimated downtime is around 3 hours, so we should return by 1:00 PM. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience, and as always, we thank you for your patience.

Uliea

Fledgling Freddie
As it says this under general chat:

General chat about the game from all realms/servers

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Uliea said:
As it says this under general chat:

General chat about the game from all realms/servers
Smartarse :wanker: I think youll find these boards tailored to the euro servers, go bug VN for all things yank and join the 2 year olds.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Smartarse :wanker: I think youll find these boards tailored to the euro servers, go bug VN for all things yank and join the 2 year olds.

old.Whoodoo is still the local forum nazi i see. :wanker:
There is always one who cannot keep from extolling his lame opinions whenever he gets the chance.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
WiZe^ said:
lol, like that ever gona happen for GoA :m00:
perhaps not, but mythic patches about twice every week, and GoA once every other month. Maybe a few hours longer offline that day, but hey... combine the hours, and you'll see GoA's got way less offline hours. I know what I'd rather have tbqfh.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
perhaps not, but mythic patches about twice every week, and GoA once every other month. Maybe a few hours longer offline that day, but hey... combine the hours, and you'll see GoA's got way less offline hours. I know what I'd rather have tbqfh.

Agree, let the US beta test everything for us :p

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:

utter bollocks in all the time i played the US servers (6months+), they were down once...for a major patch, so this crap about twice a week is just shite

infact patching was better, downtime was better and the lag was nearly non exsistent

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
old.Whoodoo is still the local forum nazi i see. :wanker:
There is always one who cannot keep from extolling his lame opinions whenever he gets the chance.

only way he can get a "hard on"

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
NeonBlue said:
utter bollocks in all the time i played the US servers (6months+), they were down once...for a major patch, so this crap about twice a week is just shite

infact patching was better, downtime was better and the lag was nearly non exsistent
Mythic only patch when it's needed, which is like a big patch and a few fixes, then it's up for ages until a next patch. At least US servers don't lag like feck, or fall over like GoA's :)

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Penlid said:
Mythic only patch when it's needed, which is like a big patch and a few fixes, then it's up for ages until a next patch. At least US servers don't lag like feck, or fall over like GoA's :)

exactly!

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Penlid said:
Not according to the Herad, cant be arsed to look up the exact numbers but the US servers have been brought down several times since 1.76 and only one of those times was for the patch to 1.77.
There's been about three times ever when lag on the Euro servers was caused by the servers themselves and one of those times was because of the crappy 1.70 network code so it wasn't even Goa's fault. Other than that the Euro servers are much better for big raids and large scale RvR than the US servers as Goa use better spec servers. I've been on some big ML raids on Gaheris where I could hardly move and people were going LD every couple of minutes due to the servers not being able to take the strain of 130+ peeps in a zone. Can't remember the last time a Euro server 'fell over' either. Zones have crashed but that'll be nothing new to anyone who ever played Lancelot or Merlin, there have been mass LDs due to crappy routing by OT but no actual servers falling over. Goa have a better server record than most MMO companies.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Penlid said:

yes because as we all know the GOA servers explode 4 times a day and they do a patch every friday "just for fun" without adding any new content.

Whereas when mythic releases something like trials of atlantis the 2 months of constant patching in the middle of european primetime was actually fun and exciting. They served cake! everyone chuckled and laughed. What a day.

And lag? what's lag! the US doesn't have lag, haven't you heard the song "there is no lag in america"? from the film An American self-delusion. I'm sure the post from last night about sprintlink (that'd be a US router) having problems was just a practical joke.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Sometimes I can´t help but think that Flims posts occasionally contain some sarcasm.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
NeonBlue said:
gotta love the fanboys !

:clap:

Yes, because you going "OMG MYTHIC SERVERS ARE MADE OF GOLD!!!! THEY NEVER BREAK EVER! THEY ARE PERFECT!" isn't anything like being a fanboy.

Get a grip on reality, yeah there are problems on the european servers but there's plenty on the US ones too. That's the internet for you.

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
Get a grip on reality, yeah there are problems on the european servers but there's plenty on the US ones too. That's the internet for you.

ive got a firm grip and id be the 1st to say if there was any problems..but after 6months playing on the US servers i aint seen any problems that effected me in any great amount.

But according to some fuckwits on here you think they would happen every day fecking day or week

I never said anywhere they didnt break, or that they didnt have problems, i just said they didnt happen as much as u fuckwits made out

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
So you didn't play during 1.66 when the servers were down MORE than twice a week for a couple of months.

I'm guessing your definition of "fuckwit" is "anyone who has played the game longer than you" - unusual use of the word there.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Flimgoblin said:
Yes, because you going "OMG MYTHIC SERVERS ARE MADE OF GOLD!!!! THEY NEVER BREAK EVER! THEY ARE PERFECT!" isn't anything like being a fanboy.

after spending £500,000 on hacks for noobs version 1.0.0 and £200,000 on hookers i have found out what caused the servers to be so gimpy of late.

anyone wanna know send me £700,000 and i'll tell you everything!

on a serious note we (euro servers) will never have it as bad as the american's....its like when you send the fat guy (americans) on the rope swing first to see if it breaks......you see the rope is kinda weak so you get a better one.

now maybe im blinded by ignorance and the euro servers are worse than the americans...if thats the cause then FFS whats the deal?

i've not heard any real proof that the americans have it better than us.

maybe flimgoblin is lying tho....maybe in america they get 10 plat each week, /50 command, no lag even if the ISP/pc is causing it as their servers are super great.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
I dont think we are talking about the distant past tho. Sure version 1.66 may have been bad but we all remeber how bad GOA used to be with customer support (notice the use of past tense). GOA is good now but then the mythic servers have also been very good. There has been a couple fo downtimes for the new servers but in generally it is amazing how little lag there is on them when 3500 people are playing. Personally ive found the mythic servers better than GOA's because of very good ingame support (3 ingame appeals answered relatively quickly) , larger population and latest patch version but I had no major complaints when on the euro servers aswell.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I'm not trying to say the mythic servers are falling over and exploding when you look at them ;) they're fine, just that they have their problems just like the GOA ones, which certain "fanboys" seem to forget.

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
So you didn't play during 1.66 when the servers were down MORE than twice a week for a couple of months

I'm guessing your definition of "fuckwit" is "anyone who has played the game longer than you" - unusual use of the word there.

Hmm no i think i started playing just after that period hence why i said " in the time i played "

i make statements on experience i have had personally, it would be stupid of me to defend something that ive never witnessed, oooo hang on wait, you guys do that dont ya, it must be right !

This is what i mean about "fanboys" picking out and reading what your selective memory recalls and then rearranging them into some sort of arguement /statement that they'll stand by even when proven wrong. Then wonder why they get labelled.

well since ive played the game since release of UK version, which is going on for nearly 4yrs, the term wouldnt fit, so thats a rather stupid comparsion but wont be 1st or last you make.

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
I dont think we are talking about the distant past tho. Sure version 1.66 may have been bad but we all remeber how bad GOA used to be with customer support (notice the use of past tense). GOA is good now but then the mythic servers have also been very good. There has been a couple fo downtimes for the new servers but in generally it is amazing how little lag there is on them when 3500 people are playing. Personally ive found the mythic servers better than GOA's because of very good ingame support (3 ingame appeals answered relatively quickly) , larger population and latest patch version but I had no major complaints when on the euro servers aswell.

exactly and thank you for putting it better than i obviously could ;)

must try to remember to use simpler terms for the wildlife in future :m00:

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
so if I played on the GOA servers for the last month and posted "THERE IS NO CONNECTION LAG EVER TO THE GOA SERVERS" you'd not object to that one?

I'm sure.

why would i object? how could i object?

now your just being stupid and making silly coments again, (seems to be your thing), hence your sarcastic reply to Penlind, when all we was doing was pointing out that the US servers arent as bad as some ppl think on here.

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
so you defend the US servers as having an "impeccable record" on all of 6 months?

no i said, whilst i played there for those 6 months i NEVER had a problem with them and that the statement of the servers going down twice a week for files/patches whatever, was wrong..going on my experience

but obviously you have a problem understanding that

Flimgoblin said:
I'm pretty sure you'd jump down the throat of someone who said "GOA have never had any major patching problems" just because they weren't playing around the time of 1.48.

sorry i dont remember or hold it important enough to remember what happened round 1.48 , so cant comment, but i cant see me jumping down someones throat about something i know nothing about

Flimgoblin said:
You have some strange definitions there, "fanboys" is usually used as a demeaning term for someone who defends something they like beyond rationality. Not something that applies to a reasonable argument like "maybe you haven't played long enough to get the full picture?".

but you havent provided a reasonably arguement yet for ur silly childish replies, infact if i was to compare your replies to some of those on WoW forums you would fit into that label

And whilst i havent played long enough on the US servers to defend or attack them...i will say just again for your brain cell to try and disgest, i was basing what i said on the time i played there

nothing more ...nothing less

Flimgoblin said:
I guess it's too much for your little brain to follow the discussion and see that we were talking about the US servers but hey, I'll try and use shorter words next time and explain everything in great detail.

gosh what a suprise, cant win the arguement or provide a decent counter arguement, lets insult instead
:clap:

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
grrr and stop deleting ur posts next ull be accusing me of "post farming"

:p

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
US server benefits:

#latest patch
#lots of servers
#more server formats (classic server :D )
#more players (at least on new classic servers)

US server drawbacks:

#patching during EU primetime
#US primetime is very late for EU people
#more bugs etc
#narrowminded/immature americans :twak:

Cant really say anything about support on US vs EU - ive gotten help when i needed it on EU and have yet to need help on US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom