All those flashy epic armours...

M

Marcus75

How fast do they break down? The last armour I used was Askafroa and now, 7 levels after the quest, it has turned blue and is starting to deterioate(sp?).

So what about the epics? You guys got any plans what do do the day the are at 80-85%?

Just thought I needed something other to plan instead of thinking about those nice epics. Still got 10lvls to go... :(

T

Tiwaz

Well, for one thing, It won't 'turn blue' as you put it, since you won't rise above lvl 50:)

Items with con less than 100% can be repaired - you DID know that didn't you? When repaired, the return to 100% in con again, and dur (durability) decreases, based on some strange formula;)
The item is then as good as new.
At one time, the repairing will get the dur to 0%, and then the item breaks, and you don't have it anymore.

Thats how it works for Epic armor, as well as any other item.

How long the Epic armor will take to break - well I cannot help you there, since i'm a looong way from getting it myself:(

But all this shouldn't be a surprise to you - you're 6 lvls above me;)

P

Pixie.Pebr

By the time the Epics start breaking apart we might have spellcrafting and alchemy here.
When that happens Epic armors will be the 2nd best stuff around and the 100% Qua, crafted, magically imbued, _customized_ armor will be the dish of the day.
At least for those with a couple hundred plat :)

O

old.Xarr

old.pebr I COMMAND THEE ONCE AGAIN!!1

peter pan is scary mkay

O

old.Trine Aquavit

I heard that Epic items can be repaired with no durability loss, so effectively they can last forever. Probably worth seeing a smith every time it drops below 100% con, I guess.

S

Solid

I am led to believe Epic Armour is 130% Durability and so untill you use up 31% of durability you wont notice the dura loss as its over 100.

They do degrade and one day they will break, although it will last for over a year I imagine, by that time god knows where the game will have moved.

When we get the first 1000 skill Spellcrafters and Alchemists you will start to see Epic armours being replaced by SPellcrfted ones with better stats.

J

Javai

Just to be on the safe side I carry around a set of regular plate for mob bashing along with a lesser shield (save my frenzy for proccing on enemie) and a slightly lesser sword. That way my decent equipment does get worn out hitting rocots for cash :)

S

Solid

I think the first thing I will do when Spellcrafting comes out and the spellcrafters reach the high skills is get a suit of Mob Bashing armour.

IE purely full of stats that help vs mobs

Capped Str, Con, Dex, Qui, Pie, Slash, Thrust, Crush, Shield, Parry, Hammer, Stormcalling, +hp.

Ignoring resists as I dont go bashing caster mobs EVER, hell there arent many of them to bash

This will include a 99% Arcanium Tower Shield, best way to prevent wear and tear is not get hit :D

D

Danya

Get your armour repaired by a high level crafter - it lasts longer.

S

Solid

not according to Mythic, Mythic claim its as good as gettign a smith to repair it.

I dont believe Mythic tho as I was once told that after I repaired someones axe in Malmo, their Dura INCREASED, lol yer.

D

Danya

dur increase was a bug this patch with crafters repairing, it's been fixed.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Spellcrafting and player crafted weapons will be VERY expensive...
not sure if you can ever afford a full set of armor made just the way you need it...
Just ordered a sword by Kiarra (if she accepts it) and wondering how much it will set me back, but I guess about 500G atleast.
You want 100% qua on your armor really, then add costs for spellcrafting to it... might want to try overcharging it...
But the idea is great.. I would get massive resists for RvR really, and increase hits as much as possible..
Cannot wait till I have to pull tanglers again :p
Regards, Glottis

F

FredaOfAxiom

You get 3 full repairs in anything thats 100,100,100 before it starts to loose dur. Either by a smith or player repair.

The only complaint I have is that most of the higher lvl drops of armour has better stats than the epic stuff... The only good thing is the effective AF ... Wow big deal for a druid :(

O

old.Arnor

Just to be on the safe side I carry around a set of regular plate for mob bashing along with a lesser shield (save my frenzy for proccing on enemie) and a slightly lesser sword. That way my decent equipment does get worn out hitting rocots for cash

same here, i got my blue superman outfit for killing mobs, and my epic for rvr. It doesnt get worn when you get hit by other players so :)

K

Kagato.

It doesnt get worn when you get hit by other players so

You sure about that? if so great as most people only seem to wear the epics for RvR.

You get 3 full repairs in anything thats 100,100,100 before it starts to loose dur.

Ok so which is correct, the 3 full repairs or what someone else said about them having 130 % durability ?

Just ordered a sword by Kiarra (if she accepts it) and wondering how much it will set me back, but I guess about 500G atleast.

It'll be worth it though, only used Kiarra weapons since I was in my 20ies lol, best you can get and the effective dps is far better then any DF drop. And Arcanium enchants for 35% Bonus, lovely.

God knows how much spellcrafting/alchemy will cost though, and it'll be a long time before any crafters are good enough at it to trust them with our beloved Arcanium weapons and armour.

J

Jupitus

<looks back and realises what a smart move it was channelling guild funds to make Osmosis top tailor in Albion>

Hey Osmo! About this 100% quality armour!!

;)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Arnor

same here, i got my blue superman outfit for killing mobs, and my epic for rvr. It doesnt get worn when you get hit by other players so :)

pretty sure it does get worn in RvR...

just it takes forever to start wearing (being 100% - take a 90% quality thing and watch it melt ;))

M

Molten Lava

Hmmm

What happends if you dye them black?? Most epic-stuff is so flashy that hibs can spot you from miles away....

D

deadparrot

If your epics are too bright try using the the cheap dyes, greys and the 25s colours range will customise but not hide the detail of you shiny epic skins.

Most of my epic is still 100%, have 2 bits on 99% tho :( (pesky pple hitting me)

Casters know how to make their 'armor' last :)

P

Psy|:m00:

Yea, they have the sense to die in 3 hits as to not wear it out too fast :p

O

old.Osmosis

Originally posted by Jupitus
<looks back and realises what a smart move it was channelling guild funds to make Osmosis top tailor in Albion>

Hey Osmo! About this 100% quality armour!!

;)

Second best at the moment, Caedwell is one point over me :)

However, for spellcrafting, it will almost certainly be cheaper to get 99% quality armour and overcharge it, than spend a small fortune (well, a large fortune) to get 100% and not overcharge it.

99% quality is 1-6 chance (in the next patch for sure), so a catastrophic loss due to overcharging will still work out cheaper than making a masterpiece (1-50 chance).

Not to mention I won't spend as long slaving over a hot needle :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom