Alienware Laptop

Jeros

Part of the furniture
No what was i thinking....pointless thread, its one of those things you want and when you finally get to the point of having the money you decide that you would rather have some other luxury......like a car

Corran

Part of the furniture
alienware isnt what it used to be anyways which is why no one cares :p

Ezteq

Queen of OT
hehe no but it is really nice having a certain amount of dosh and looking at what you actually could buy with it :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Foursome with asian hookers would be much better value.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Laptops will always be inferior to desktops :( splash out on a more powerful desktop for less $£ imo.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I want to get a new laptop. One thats light, boots up really quickly and is as quiet as a mouse and doesn't reach temperatures hotter than a healthy stellar core. And one that isn't going to set me back 2 grand...

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Alienware used to be great but now its just Dell high end range. I tried to order a dual graphics card one last year, gave up in the end as it was impossible to organise depsite their adds to the contrary. In the end I went for X200.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I'd never buy another Dell product as long as I live.

I'd sooner by an HP then a Dell

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'd never buy another Dell product as long as I live.

I'd sooner by an HP then a Dell

Sort of the same but for anything pre-built anywhere at all, last pre-built pc I bought came with loads of shit on I didn't even ask for and it ended up running like fucking treacle :( formatted it in the end and stuck windows back on myself and it ran perfectly. Next pc I buy i'll just go back to building them myself like I did before, its cheaper/less hassle and you can do whatever you want with it down to the last little wire.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I've thought about having a go at building my own...only thing I don't want to end up doing is sticking 12 Gig of RAM on my motherboard and shorting the bloody thing out becuase I haven't configured the flux capacitor

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I've thought about having a go at building my own...only thing I don't want to end up doing is sticking 12 Gig of RAM on my motherboard and shorting the bloody thing out becuase I haven't configured the flux capacitor

wouldnt bother with 12gig ram unless you do some major editing etc and really need it :) 4-6gig is still fine for anything currently out game wise/none editing program wise.

soze

I am a FH squatter

It is fairly easy after the first time but just pick your motherboard and then go from there. The Motherboard will tell you the best processor it can run and the type speed and maximum memory it can run. Make sure your mother board has the right graphics support SLI / Crossfire and from there its just like a lego set.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
It is fairly easy after the first time but just pick your motherboard and then go from there. The Motherboard will tell you the best processor it can run and the type speed and maximum memory it can run. Make sure your mother board has the right graphics support SLI / Crossfire and from there its just like a lego set.

Good advice, except I would research the motherboard Ram combo first. Got my fingers burnt before with standard Kingston ram on an Asus mobo causing blue screens and game crashes. Putting in faster gamer spec RAM fixed the issue. I would look at reviews first for Mobo and see what they tested with. Tom's hardware shack and overclockers etc are good review sites.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Sort of the same but for anything pre-built anywhere at all, last pre-built pc I bought came with loads of shit on I didn't even ask for and it ended up running like fucking treacle :( formatted it in the end and stuck windows back on myself and it ran perfectly. Next pc I buy i'll just go back to building them myself like I did before, its cheaper/less hassle and you can do whatever you want with it down to the last little wire.
:iagree:
Acer Aspire 5920G laptop ran slow when I first got it. Blitzed the HDD, smacked on a clean install and Robert is your father's brother. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom