Film Alien Covenant

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
it may be decent. Prometheus followup. Odd though. What happend to the rumours that Blomkamp was doing an Alien movie?

From the FAQ on IMDB for Covenant

....In the beginning of 2015, when it was unclear whether the proposed sequel to Prometheus would be green-lit, writer/director Neill Blomkamp announced that he and actress Sigourney Weaver had been secretly working on an Alien sequel, with Ridley Scott producing. This film (working title Untitled Neill Blomkamp/Alien Project) is meant to be an alternative sequel to Aliens, which establishes a different timeline and basically ignores the events of Alien³ and Alien: Resurrection. After public approval, the film was green-lit shortly thereafter. However, at the end of 2015, it was announced that the studio had decided to develop Ridley Scott's Prometheus-sequel Alien: Covenant first. Blomkamp was asked to alter his screenplay as to not clash with Scott's story, and postpone his project indefinitely while Scott was working on Alien: Covenant and its intended sequel. Even though Blomkamp's project is still listed as under development, the film and Blomkamp's own involvement in it have become unsure. Sigourney Weaver is slated to appear in three Avatar sequels between 2018 and 2022, which could cause additional delays for the proposed Alien sequel. Blomkamp has indicated that he wants to pursue other projects in the meanwhile, and may no longer be available if it ever gets made.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It'll suck.
Not till someone makes a proper Alien3, will the Alien franchise be saved.
Which clearly involves Ripley, the original robot, Hicks and Newt visiting the Alien home
planet with a dsyfunctional Marine squadron, loads of models, little cgi and a Hudson replacement
who's 10X worse.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
trailer gives fuckloads away. Suspense was everything in the original alien.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I actually really liked Prometheus, looking forward to this.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well I got to see this film last night. For me it was well worth it and answers many questions and raises a few eyebrows. It even had a big laugh out loud moment. You also get to learn a lot more about the xenomorphs.

It is not meant to be a film full of suspense, well it wasn't for me, only jumped twice and I fucking hate that.

So in closing, certainly a step up from Promethus and I cannot wait for the next installment...

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The trailer looks like theyve basically remade Alien.

Alien (1979) Trailer:
View: http://youtu.be/LjLamj-b0I8

watching that clip, only just realised the music is the same as the Promethius trailer.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
watching that clip, only just realised the music is the same as the Promethius trailer.

I would imagine that was probably deliberate

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Heard from someone who saw it at the imax yesterday and said it was pish

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom