Alien Boxset..

echo

Fledgling Freddie
Apologies if I'm glenning, but I just saw this on a newsgroup and BLOODY HELL. This is what it's all about!

fox02.jpg

Froggeh

Fledgling Freddie
yeah, I got one of those a few weeks ago. Cost about 40 quid iirc.

fucking good stuff. All the 4 films plus the DVD extras for each one. And a purdy box.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Dont think I could have that on my self, I wouldnt be able to get to sleep :)

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Having bought the original box set, the release of this one really riles me. If only they'd let you do some kind of trade in with the old set :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
But the old set is limited edition and numbered, the new one isnt. Plus they look good next to each other :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Also, see http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film_results_page.php?fid=4361

OVERALL: R1 - Region 1 allows you to listen to the audio commentary with either version of the film, but on the regions 2/4, the tracks are available only on: "Theatrical Release" of "Alien", "Special Edition" of "Aliens", "Theatrical Release" of "Alien 3", and "Theatrical Release" of "Alien: Resurrection". Further more, on the Region 1 discs, you can view an optional "deleted footage" marker, and you´re also able to view the "deleted footage" from the theatrical cut's "Supplements menu". Both of these options are missing from the Region 2/4 discs. R2/R4 are also missing the DVD-ROM feature "Interactive Script" (script to screen comparisons), and the text introduction to Special Edition of the "Alien3" . Both cover and menu designs differ slightly between the region 1 and region 2/4 discs.

General notes:
These following extra-features ARE missing from all of "The Alien Quadrilogy" -box sets (these are in "The Alien Legacy" box set):
-Original audio commentary track by Ridley Scott (from "Alien") (new commentary with the director has been recorded)
-Jerry Goldsmith's isolated score (from "Alien")
-The alternate music and production audio track (from "Alien")
-The alien life-cycle and Nostromo crew bios (2 "easter eggs" from "Alien")
-"Making of" -featurette (from "Alien3")
-"Making of" -featurette (from "Alien: Resurrection")
-"The Alien Legacy" -documentary (from the "bonus disc")
++AMC's "The Alien Saga" (This wasn´t on the previous box set, but it´s currently available on R1 DVD from "Image Entertainment"). Note, that the "Interview with James Cameron" (from "Aliens") IS on "The Alien Quadrilogy" -box set, and can be found under the "Aliens: laserdisc archive" (divided in 2 parts).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom