Alexander

Nos

Fledgling Freddie
Summary: Slow paced action/adventure flick with epic yet uninspiring battles, far too much dialogue and strong homosexual undercurrents.

One to avoid.

Clown

Part of the furniture
Newspaper critics didn't seem to like it either.

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
...well at least it gives them a break from critising newspapers then. :p

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Nos said:
Summary: Slow paced action/adventure flick with epic yet uninspiring battles, far too much dialogue and strong homosexual undercurrents.

One to avoid.

Only undercurrents? You must have been let down :D

Yaka

Part of the furniture
never knew macedonians and greeks had brit accents

Nos

Fledgling Freddie
The accents I found tended more towards Irish. Obviously Colin Farrell is Irish, but for some reason Val Kilmer and a couple of the other main characters (the actors playing them weren't Irish) spoke with Irish accents too.

Most bizarre!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Nos said:
The accents I found tended more towards Irish. Obviously Colin Farrell is Irish, but for some reason Val Kilmer and a couple of the other main characters (the actors playing them weren't Irish) spoke with Irish accents too.

Most bizarre!

They did this so his Irish accent wouldn't be out of place in his character. Farrell = shit at accents, the others can do them.

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Cool, I wondered why they were all putting on weird accents (hadn't realised it was irish).

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Farrell managed a neutral accent in Minority Report, guess now he's the 'next big thing' he doesn't have to bother with acting -- just turns up and does a Sean Connery.

Haven't seen the film as yet, due to working every goddamn day for 12-16 hours doing godforsaken Tax Returns, but I am hoping that I will enjoy it ... after all I seem to always enjoy films everyone else hates (Troy, King Arthur et al).

Not sure why it's bad to have a homosexual theme to the film - Alexander was, after all, brought up as a Greek where - in ancient times anyway - the love between men was thought to be the only true and pure love.

The biographies of him are quite clear about his liking for other men, so can't really see the problem.

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I didn't think the homosexuality was overdone particularly. It's just kind of following on from how his mother taught him to not trust women. Anyway the whole film is about the relationship between Alexander and his army, and how they still love him after he leads them half way across the world and to many of their deaths.

It's not like he was prancing about like Graham Norton talking in a stupid voice and wearing pretty dresses :p

Users who are viewing this thread