Alchemy on shields

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Was wondering can i put a reactive effect on a crafted shield?

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Lightfighter said:
yes you can
Will it work like those Magma Infused Shields or what they called like?

Edit: Oh, and does it work the same in PvE and RvR?

quindexter

Fledgling Freddie
a reactive proc will work on a crafted shield like any other proc on a dropped item. ie magma infused whatever :p and yes it will work in pve aswell as rvr

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
Rub said:
Oh, and does it work the same in PvE and RvR?
Afaik it works diff in PvE than in RvR , in PvE the proc will only go off when you hit the mob with the shield (ie slam it) and not when the mob's attack is blocked by you,
In RvR the proc will go off both when you block and when you slam etc .
jsut afaik , i know for deffo that my magma shield on valk with heal proc will heal me if i /face and engadge(sp?) a scout but dosnt proc heals in PvE. unless i sue shield styles
Hope it helped =)

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Agrigo said:
Afaik it works diff in PvE than in RvR , in PvE the proc will only go off when you hit the mob with the shield (ie slam it) and not when the mob's attack is blocked by you,
In RvR the proc will go off both when you block and when you slam etc .
jsut afaik , i know for deffo that my magma shield on valk with heal proc will heal me if i /face and engadge(sp?) a scout but dosnt proc heals in PvE. unless i sue shield styles
Hope it helped =)

Wrong.
Reactives/actives works the same way in PVE/RVR BUT. there is a factor that some reactives like DoT for example doesnt work in PvE. like a blockmadman pala/warrior etc could block forever letting the dot spam. same with heal proc. Ablatives and the such works fine. Dots/heal always worked in rvr only though if reactive

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
The only reason why dots and heal procs don't work on reactive sheilds is cos people cheated with them using engage,so they got nerfed in PvE.
It was obvious on the magma sheild on my pally,but no release notes have been released on the fact that the dot does'nt work,but trust me it does'nt I've tried and tested it in poc and a total waste of a 100% sheild and a 270g proc putting dot on.
So conclusion is stick with a 99% sheild for PvE and if you slam a lot just bang a weopen proc on,as a dd.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
Wrong.
Reactives/actives works the same way in PVE/RVR BUT. there is a factor that some reactives like DoT for example doesnt work in PvE. like a blockmadman pala/warrior etc could block forever letting the dot spam. same with heal proc. Ablatives and the such works fine. Dots/heal always worked in rvr only though if reactive

Are you sure ablatives work on shields in pve?

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Ok thanks all for the info =)

Case

Fledgling Freddie
No reactives don`t work on shields in pve at all, none thats ablatives, DoT's, DD's, Haste the whole works :)

They did originally but as mentioned previously people abused so it was nerfed. From what i recall from so far back people would pull and engage a grey con mob to get reactive ablative to proc then go RvR. Something like that anyway.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Case said:
No reactives don`t work on shields in pve at all, none thats ablatives, DoT's, DD's, Haste the whole works :)

That's what I thought, cheers for clearing it up ;)

Feyd

Fledgling Freddie
Alchemy on shield is

Charges work both in RvR and PvE
Procs work in both RvR and PvE (procs when you slam ect. with your shield, works like procs on a weapon)
Reactive procs work in RvR (Procs when you block, works like procs on armour)

and you can get ablative both as procs and reactive procs.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Ezeine said:
Engaging a mob for example with a heal/dot reactive shield.

Dot wouldn't work that well since as soon as the dot went off the mob would be in combat and you couldn't engage it. Heal reactives would be overpowered tho :)

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
And dropped shields with reactive procs do they work in PvE?

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Rub said:
And dropped shields with reactive procs do they work in PvE?

Nope, no reactives work on shields in pve, no matter how they got on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom