Albion!!

C

chichiri074

Hey guys....ive been playing daoc for a while now and have ALOT of characters in hib and mid.....but none in alb. I was wondering if i can a few tips at the which class is the most fun to play both PvE and RvR

T

Tasans

Depends what you consider as fun. Pallies are good in pve and accepted in rvr, sorc is a funny class, friar is a nice class etc.

C

Cloudd_RTD

Albion is the greatest place. I love Albion. And so will you, I hope atleast that you will. Nothing is like getting a group in Albion, it's fun. I promise. So easy, like getting a hernia. Oh yes. That's what it's like. I like that. Oh yes.

*koskos*

Cloudd

N

Nazgul

Sorc's rock and a rejuv cleric would be easy to level. Both these are in demand both in PvE and RvR

N

-Nxs-

Albion is pretty nice to level in, not as "golf course" as Hib and not as depressing as Mid, quite a few areas that have a nice group and camp bonus to level in.

Pick the style that suits you best, my personal favourites are.

Friar : Good to solo and welcome in groups as a backup healer and additional tank.

Cleric : Pretty reliant on needing a group - but will level fast in one.

Paladin : Always welcome in groups for the END chant, can solo pretty well too with no downtime on blue/yellow's

Neco: The BEST way to solo, not normaly welcome in groups but you may be lucky if people need mana, spec FULL deathsight and hit spirit weak mobs

Minstral: Pretty common so getting a group could be tricky, can solo but your better off in groups, you'll also rarely get bored here a very varied class.

Ice Wizard: Always welcome in groups that know how to use them for the PBAOE, should level pretty quick but soloing can be a drag with the downtime to recharge mana.

Good luck in Albion :)

D

Dorin

if you are not chichiri the lvl 47-48 ice wizard here are the following tips:

Icewizard: uber fast lvling, most of the grps want pbaoe
Paladin: same, but spec s/s for god sakes
Cleric: make briton female, 2nd nick should be Rejuvmastah and you be okay

these are the top 3 classes which are needed in pve, pala and cleric is needed in rvsr, icewizard not that much (+playing alb caster at the current state of camelot is not a good idea imo)

Chars that you can get xp / rvsr grp aswell, maybe a bit more hassle:

Theurg (get at least 26 earth so you have pbt)
Sorceror (spec for mind to handle cracking and mezz)
Armsman (spec for 7shield at least to get guard 1 and xp with that, polearms are damn annoying if grp dont have 1 shielder at least)
Mercenary (well he is a tank, but in pve its better if he is not the aggro keeper)
Mincer (if no sorc you will be manabot, maybe ok as a 3rd tank if grp got pbt)
Reaver (can tank, its ok :d
Friar (dmg dealer, not good as an aggro keeper without pbt, but backup heals make up for that)

Chars that will have hard times to get xp-pvp grps:

Necro (not a big problem as necros can handle pve easily)
Scout (erm yes, but soloing trees for 20-30 levels get boring after a time)
Infiltrator (shitloads of them already, very hard to get a grp as an infil, best chance is to have a pbt spec theurg m8, then infil can tank, otherwise well....)
Cabalist ( dunno about them, they are good for keep defense, in openfield fights they are sucky imo, can handle solo pve but not a wanted char in grps)

EDIT:
Sorceror, minstrel, cleric WANTED in rvsr as they are kinda rare. Getting rvsr grp as a tank isnt hard as a tank either
gl

O

old.Tohtori

Albion.

Albion.

Albion.

Hmm.

No matter how many times i say it, it still sounds like a bad idea to go there. :D

K

kinag

If its albion on Prydwen its ok, but do NOT, I repeat, do NOT go albion on excalibur, they got too high number and we don't need more people in emain ^^

O

old.anubis

make infiltrator, albion lacks them nowadays

L

liste

and for reference, there are different kinds of cabalists, Dorin :p

Matter caba is good solo, but has less to offer groups.
spirit caba is VERY good solo but has less to offer groups.
Body caba is very good solo, and has alot to offer a group. backup heals, nukes, roots, debuffs.

Dont dog em, if you dont know em :p

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by Cloudd_RTD
Nothing is like getting a group in Albion, it's fun. .

If you want to get a group - Don't roll a necromancer, that's all im gonna say.

I have a 46 Necro and noone wants to know me, even tho im not one of those 'Hey that camp is mine' type people. AND im the 2nd most funny person on the planet - as denoted by my sig.

L

liste

necro's in PBAOE groups rawk (in every kind of chain pulling group that isnt aiming for very high level mobs, as a matter of fact). people just dont take the opportunity to learn this minor detail.

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by liste
necro's in PBAOE groups rawk (in every kind of chain pulling group that isnt aiming for very high level mobs, as a matter of fact). people just dont take the opportunity to learn this minor detail.

Agreed. People in general look beyond that and want to 'uber group' - which doesn't include the Necro. Whatever happened to friendship b4 greedyness ? ;)

Personally - the 1 gripe i have about the necro is not the inability to get a group but the absentmindedness of others who don't want the necro in a group.

This may be a bad comparison - but i feel the necro DMG deals as much as a Pally - just without the chants - he can still give a defense buff, and hold aggro.

But im not gonna argue about pally over necro in groups thats not what i want to do - I know pallys are pref in group for defense and chants.

All i ask is look over the rose tinted specs and see the necros are group friendly after all.

EDIT : Edited for a couple of sMelling Pistakes.

D

DeSlisser

Imo lots of clerics @ apk in emain (Prydwen). And i don't mean buffbots. Tho i might be biased as im in an rvr alliance who are pretty selfsufficient (3groups easy at primetime) as it comes to stlong alb rvr groups.

Make a sorc, or merc.. yes make fotm merc.. last week we were looking for a merc and couldnt find one for over 30 min.. o_O

N

NiTr0z

its just like mid and hib but with different names. and albion isnt the enemy anymore. i play a reaver and think its great fun, each ot his own though

A

Addlcove

well dunno where you guys get the idea that albion is short of clerics.... spend 15 minutes last night screaming cleric lfg at apk in emain.....

N

NiTr0z

seem that whenever you want a cleric u cant get one, u think ur being clever and make a cleric.... no1 wants you <sops>

T

The Real Redi

If anyone had any real time with a necro or cabalist in their group, they'd see what a fine addition they can be. The debuff the necros chuck around is pretty sick and at 50th, it was allowing me to hit Drak's in AC for almost double what i normally would, on both blades. Cabalists have that uber-mighty pet and could probably have the mob your hunting give up out of dispair, by the time they have cast off all their debuffs/long term AoE root/AoEdot's/Lifetaps etc. Sadly, Cabalists never seem to last long in RvR, and Necros have a bad rep for being lone-rangers in emain.

Clerics are a sad state of affairs - essential, fun to play and always busy, but my 28th rejuv/enhance spec fella has been turned down for groups on many, many occaisons because one of the party has a bot. ffs - ever tried soloing with a cleric?

Fire/Ice wiz are both kinda fun, though ice fits groups, fire is great to solo with.

Merc's - im biased of course, but i love being a non-fotm merc :great:

from what i can gather, from talking to a few, Minstrels are devestating in RvR, although tend to be treated more like a battery in PvE, sitting and singing away for the amusement of the paladins, clerics and casters.

If your going to play a paladin and group with him, get used to this now:
"Givf end chant ffs!!!!"
nuff said. I don't even play a paladin, and i know that one already :)

I'm sure someone will call me a n00b or something, and tear what i've said to shreds, but hey, why else you think i post here? :D someones got to keep you guys on yer toes ;)

Users who are viewing this thread