Albion

K

kirennia

For those this applies to, I know most of albion is made up of good people and good players:

1)Don't lie about spots in a group. If you don't want to group a particular person cause of their class or whatever, if its a guild group and you want to keep it as a guild group, SAY SO DAMN IT. Don't say sorry we are full unless you actually are because it hurts yer reputation no end when people find out you were in fact lying about it. Number of times I hear "ffs some1 lying about their grp" in /gu is stupid....it has to stop

2)Don't group hop. Even if the other group is going to get you more l337 rp's or ub0r expsfortehwin!1!1!1!!! Have some common curtiousy (sp?) and stick with the group. Only leave if the entire group agrees that its a no hoper.

3)Don't take everything people say as an insult. The number of times a joke is cracked or summit and people take it the wrong way is silly. Granted I've done the same probably in the past but not everything everyone says is an insult aimed at you.

4)Help people out. If they need a res and you are just around the corner or summit, give em a helping hand, it wont take you 30 seconds and will save them the time getting back and getting the exp back lost.

5)Don't be so defensive about everything or aggressive. If you note someone did summit wrong, throw em a pm, afterall we all need a bit of a helpin hand at some point in the game to improve ourselves. Don't be an ass hole about it tho else they will just take it as an insult. Remember that if someone makes a small mistake, pressing the wrong button or summit, it isn't summit to argue and loose friends about, it's just pathetic if you do and people looking in on it often think what a wally you are being arguing cause some1 did the wrong style or summit.....

Think I've missed points but startin to get really fed up with people doing the above things. I know there will be hibs/mids saying "typical albion" or others saying "I'll play how I damn well want, I pay my subs" etc but it's those people who are spoiling the realm. A helping hand goes a long way

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by kirennia
5)Don't be so defensive about everything or aggressive. If you note someone did summit wrong, throw em a pm, afterall we all need a bit of a helpin hand at some point in the game to improve ourselves. Don't be an ass hole about it tho else they will just take it as an insult. Remember that if someone makes a small mistake, pressing the wrong button or summit, it isn't summit to argue and loose friends about, it's just pathetic if you do and people looking in on it often think what a wally you are being arguing cause some1 did the wrong style or summit.....

Frankly, the majority of people - especially over the internet, where subtlties of vocal tone can't really be conveyed - tend to react very badly to suggestions of criticism. And, despite what you might think of me, I don't offer them undiplomatically ;)

O

old.shotgunstow

Originally posted by skile
Yeh, lets make the DAoC-world a bit better.

Well if everyone thought like you and Kir, the daoc world be a lot better place. Unfortunately it's not, and you just have to put up with what goes on.

K

Kagato.

What bugs me more is people thinking its only Albion thats like this, lol its no different on any other server or any other realm, its only that albion has more people so a greater proportion of bad and good people.

O

old.Odysseus

as always kirennia is right and goes to the core of the problem - gj :)

S

skile

Originally posted by old.shotgunstow
Well if everyone thought like you and Kir, the daoc world be a lot better place. Unfortunately it's not, and you just have to put up with what goes on.

People can change :). But the best thing is to change the society :).

/political mode on

B

bahamuts

Originally posted by kirennia
For those this applies to, I know most of albion is made up of good people and good players:

1)Don't lie about spots in a group. If you don't want to group a particular person cause of their class or whatever, if its a guild group and you want to keep it as a guild group, SAY SO DAMN IT. Don't say sorry we are full unless you actually are because it hurts yer reputation no end when people find out you were in fact lying about it. Number of times I hear "ffs some1 lying about their grp" in /gu is stupid....it has to stop

when I exped in barrows with my minstrel and I was group leader, people msged me without telling class and level, at last I got so mad so I told one the truth "I wont accept you in the group whatver class or level becuase you didnt say level and class"(and as usual it was a 7 levels under char)

well he didnt get so happy of that answer :)

M

moona

well i have the problem " your no grpsclass atm" kind of thing:)

let me explain:

when i made my sorc ( Moona) i was getting pm evry min ( and i seriously mean EVRY min) to join a grp .

good after i dinged 50 and rvred my ass off ( died alot, zerg , died alot , ect) i thought i would make a Stealther >>>> scout it was ( Moena was born)

well no pm evry min for me anymore ;p, i must beg to get in a grp:)

so pls ..... invite scouts and infil , they really do dmg :)

ps : today i played with some of the Dragonfighters in cats at lv 23 , thx for the invite guys:)) ( Roha bro ;p)

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by skile
People can change :). But the best thing is to change the society :).

/political mode on

/not listening mode on :great:

O

old.Sepiritz

Originally posted by old.Odysseus
as always kirennia is right and goes to the core of the problem - gj :)

Indeed. There are alot more problems to be adress but this would be a good start.
And Ody, stop being a forum troll you old sad non-daocer git. ;)

W

WardyWonderland

Very true, lets hope we all take note and make daoc a better place.

G

greenfingers

I don't invite Mercenary's to AC grp's, because they sucky sucky, neither do I invite Infil's... only in rare cases I invite Infi's :) ... but NEVAR Merc's ...

Im more like a plate drooling kind o guy, so Pala's and Arms are welcome as Slammers in my grp's :wink2:

my favourite grp in AC is:

3 Ice Wizzies
2 Pala's
1 Scout (me:p)
1 Cleric (full reju)
1 Friar

and 1 buffbot :D

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by greenfingers
I don't invite Mercenary's to AC grp's, because they sucky sucky, neither do I invite Infil's... only in rare cases I invite Infi's :) ... but NEVAR Merc's ...

What an odd fellow.

O

old.Odysseus

Originally posted by old.Sepiritz
And Ody, stop being a forum troll you old sad non-daocer git. ;)
You want a piece of me ?!?!? ;)

M

MesS°

Originally posted by gunZ-
<------- bad person

Its really pains me, but i for once agree with gunz...

now stop calling me, or ill get a restraining order on u...

L

Luv_Bunny

xplain plz

btw, you are one mean person :(

S

sheepseyes

mercs are great in grps they hit hard with dw they can pull agro off just bout anything and the healer knows who he has to heal and theyve saved my pally arse quite a few times

btw nice post kir lets hope someone takes notes and postnote it on their foreheads

:bazbeer:

F

Flimgoblin

don't join a greenfingers group ;)

he's passing up on the best aggro control this side of healchant (and healchant doesn't kick in till someone gets hit... which can sometimes be too late)

you want caster protection from aggro? get a merc. protect the healer or wizard, hit anything that gets too close (for a single 2.6 second hasted hit of course, so not a huge amount of damage - enough to take the aggro but far from making the monster unmezable)

since yer in chain you can actually taunt 3 monsters and live for long enough for them to get CCed, and you can taunt those three in the time it takes for the average polearmer to hit 1.

Then when you're finished doing that you get on the side of a monster and deal the most melee damage in albion.

So why don't you want a merc in your group?

J

Javai

Mercs are great damage dealers in groups - especially in groups with a Paladin (who lets face it hits like a wet fish) with end chant and with Theurg with eb and haste. They also save healers power over those leather wearing Infs :)

And they won't draw aggor of a Paladin for long unless the Paaldin wants them to :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom