Albion underpopulated?

Ginius

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, I just made /gc info and saw that we are paying 85 Bountypoints each hour for a level 10 tower. And I bought a guard at a unclaimed tower and got the message that it is 2 points cheaper cause Albion Prydwen is underpopulated:

I would like to post a screeny for proof, but I don't have webspace. I'm just curious about it. What about Mids here?

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Even if albion has the bigger share, Prydwen is still a small server, thus the bonuses. If you want, the amazing part is that mids aren't considered worth of better bonuses (I think we have just a slightly better xp bonus ?), but we all know GoA point of view about us - so it's not really a news.

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
Yma said:
Even if albion has the bigger share, Prydwen is still a small server, thus the bonuses. If you want, the amazing part is that mids aren't considered worth of better bonuses (I think we have just a slightly better xp bonus ?), but we all know GoA point of view about us - so it's not really a news.

hibs needed 2 years to get considered underpopulated by all the players, now its your turn , w8 2 years

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Xxcalibur said:
hibs needed 2 years to get considered underpopulated by all the players, now its your turn , w8 2 years

Whine, whine, whine. It have always been accepted that Hib/Pry was underpopulated. What did you expect us to do?
But sure, if you need a shoulder to cry on, just say so. But stop lying - it's pathetic.

Tirfo

Fledgling Freddie
Didnt notice any lies in what xxcal said, the facts and figures are that hib was always gonna benefit from the NF underpoplulated bonuses just like they did with the /level 30 command, also i noticed no cry from him in the post, he is simply stating to the (im assuming) mid reply that they need more bonuses, which tbh they dont, hib maybe more active than mid atm, but long term suggests that mid always had a high population and it just means that now mid are finding NF not to their liking and some have either quit or just doing other stuffs and playing less, to sum up they are in a mess and have only recently showed their worth by taking keeps and even attempting to take a hib relic.

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Xxcalibur said:

So you'd rather have more mids keep leaving the game and wind up fighting only albs than accept the fact that mids have a disadvantage regarding a lot in the realm balance issue right now? How the heck does one get this bitter..

Tirfo said:
now mid are finding NF not to their liking and some have either quit or just doing other stuffs and playing less

Well, you said it.

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Nausilus^^ said:
How the heck does one get this bitter..
Wait, I know the answer ... because some mids, that probably now moved to hib and alb alts so they can still farm arpees, months or years ago, killed them on their way to emain repeatedly, thus they want revenge on the remnants.

Funny how some people would prefere an empty server instead. Way to bash your own privates and enjoying it :eek7:

Karmatika

One of Freddy's beloved
1000 online

/who all Hibs 188
/who all mids 264
/who all albs 548

givf alb more LOVE!!1

Lcea

Fledgling Freddie
Karmatika said:
1000 online

/who all Hibs 188
/who all mids 264
/who all albs 548

givf alb more LOVE!!1

If that was true, 300 albs just logged off REAL fast.

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
Nausilus^^ said:
So you'd rather have more mids keep leaving the game and wind up fighting only albs than accept the fact that mids have a disadvantage regarding a lot in the realm balance issue right now? How the heck does one get this bitter..

Well, you said it.

gonna cry this night in the bed :( mids keep leaving the game :(

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
instead of cry do :

1. change game
2. try to organize your realm
3. change server , i must say pre-zerk mode in 1.60 patch Deira / italy seems very fun, go bigg server etc...

Ischtap

Fledgling Freddie
Patch 1.71 introduced a new bonus for a realm on the defense - eg. having less than the normal 7 keeps per realm. Since Hibernia is holding Caer Erasleigh, Albion is benefitting from that bonus.

edit: that bonus does not apply to any keep holding a relic, so for hookpoint purchases at Caer Renaris you still have to pay the full price.

Ginius

Fledgling Freddie
Ischtap said:
Patch 1.71 introduced a new bonus for a realm on the defense - eg. having less than the normal 7 keeps per realm. Since Hibernia is holding Caer Erasleigh, Albion is benefitting from that bonus.

edit: that bonus does not apply to any keep holding a relic, so for hookpoint purchases at Caer Renaris you still have to pay the full price.

Ah, thank you for the info. :cheers:

And online while posting: 918
a who in Albion shows: 328

Ischtap

Fledgling Freddie
Ginius said:
Ah, thank you for the info. :cheers:
You are welcome. :cheers:

Now that we are done with the niceties, the flaming can start. :flame:

To give the overpopulated realm a bonus just because their enemies were actually able to accomplish something is just sick. :puke:

Lcea

Fledgling Freddie
Ischtap said:
To give the overpopulated realm a bonus just because their enemies were actually able to accomplish something is just sick. :puke:

At 5am.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Ginius said:
And online while posting: 918
a who in Albion shows: 328

Lies! That would mean Albion has 1/3 of the online population. My FH information shows this to be statistically impossible.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Escape said:
Lies! That would mean Albion has 1/3 of the online population. My FH information shows this to be statistically impossible.
And info on FH is always right \o/

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Escape said:

Considering the /who on hib never shows more than 1/5-1/6 of the current server statistics something is wrong or there's just a ton of anon people, the fact you didn't know those numbers have never ever even closely matched is just o.0

Ginius

Fledgling Freddie
Edlina said:
Considering the /who on hib never shows more than 1/5-1/6 of the current server statistics something is wrong or there's just a ton of anon people, the fact you didn't know those numbers have never ever even closely matched is just o.0

So we have about 1/3 Albs and max 1/5 Hibs?
Where are all that Mids then? 7/15 means nearly 50% Midpopulation. Umpf, we must have damn lots anon ppl. Or Mids realy hate the rvr.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Xxcalibur said:
3. change server , i must say pre-zerk mode in 1.60 patch Deira / italy seems very fun, go bigg server etc...

curious, how did u manage to get onto the IT servers? tried a while back but couldnt get a hold of the game

Mordur

One of Freddy's beloved
Elitestoner said:
curious, how did u manage to get onto the IT servers? tried a while back but couldnt get a hold of the game

find out the ip's of the italian servers and edit the server file in your daoc dir :)

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
the best of italy server (1.60 patch ) is not going to be patched to NF till april according to GOA , but we all know they always delay a lot patching -

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>hibs needed 2 years to get considered underpopulated by all the players, now its your turn , w8 2 years

That assumes that GOA didnt learn from its mistake, though I think there will be a very hard reminder when WoW goes retail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom