Albion nowadays?

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
Hi,

I have not touched daoc in a long time cos ive been playing wow but bored of that now so wondering how daoc is nowadays, is Dyvet alive? I was gonna come back and roll a air theurg or kit out a class to rvr with that I already have, I have a sorc,reaver,caby,merc,mins available all 50, some need toa'ing, but if I was to have a play again which one should I kit out for soloing/group? =)

aika

Can't get enough of FH
sorc or merc, mins is a waste of time :p

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Having fun personally. There are fewer players (about 1/3 of the numbers of the biggest EU servers), but that also means the game is playable with lots of people around. I'm finding soloing easier during the day than evenings, but that's to be expected. It seems a lot easier to get a group now than back when there were lots of people and so groups would wait for the ideal person, now they seem more willing to take any person.

Reading this forum is less fun, however! It's the old story - play the game, have fun, read FH, realise you couldn't possibly have had fun <grin>

Darzil

Toggers

One of Freddy's beloved
hiya mate :)

actions ok'ish, it has its moments, come back play your reaver or caba and when the action is low sort out that air theurg youve been threatning to roll :)

if nothing else i want a duo partner!

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
server is great fun, ive explored more of the lands now than ever before due to not being steam rolled.

people like olly :wanker: need to put up or shut up as dyvet is still good.......

great exp found in Labyrinth with some rps if you want them....much more pleasant...

air theurgs rock, :england:

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie

actions ok'ish, it has its moments, come back play your reaver or caba and when the action is low sort out that air theurg youve been threatning to roll :)

u never asked me :<

Killswitch

FH is my second home

Thinking seriously about reactivating sorc account and trying to get RR7 on the damn thing. Only one PC now so no buffbot and generally not sure I can be bothered. Not finding US as good as I'd hoped, got 2 decent toons to 50 and fully-templated but no groups for RvR, rare groups for PvE and zerg zerg zerg everywhere, which is just dull :(

EDIT: Actually, I want to see which of my toons (if any) are actually in a template, so I might resub for a month just for that :p

Toggers

One of Freddy's beloved
u never asked me :<

awww :fluffle: should group up more, havent done in a while, tbh set grp nites aside i struggle getting a group and end up playing something else, gimme a yell whenever you fancy it m8 :)

killswitch & varna, as i said the action isnt sensational but its still there, if you two were to come back and kills brought his pet along then we might even edge towards being able to put out our own guild group again, whether we do 8vs8 (this is whats limited atm) or trio's whatever.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
awww :fluffle: should group up more, havent done in a while, tbh set grp nites aside i struggle getting a group and end up playing something else, gimme a yell whenever you fancy it m8 :)

killswitch & varna, as i said the action isnt sensational but its still there, if you two were to come back and kills brought his pet along then we might even edge towards being able to put out our own guild group again, whether we do 8vs8 (this is whats limited atm) or trio's whatever.

If by my "pet" you mean my "generous and generally awesome all-round landlord" then I think he's sticking with US for the time being at least...I've actually resubbed and now can't logon to Excal for some reason :p

If on the other hand, you mean a yellow templar or something, I can do that :p

Killswitch

FH is my second home
If by my "pet" you mean my "generous and generally awesome all-round landlord" then I think he's sticking with US for the time being at least...I've actually resubbed and now can't logon to Excal for some reason :p

If on the other hand, you mean a yellow templar or something, I can do that :p

Okay! It's an official race! Will i get a response from RightNow telling me why my old installation of DAOC isn't running before my NEW install of DAOC installs via the patcher (3.1GB at about 150Kb/s)...

Maybe if I mention Requiel or Xalin enough times in the Requiel thread then Xalin they might be Requiel able to provide some Xalin. I mean advice. Damn my dyslexia...

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Toggers said:
if you two were to come back and kills brought his pet along then we might even edge towards being able to put out our own guild group again, whether we do 8vs8 (this is whats limited atm) or trio's whatever.

Couldn't even if I wanted to. GOA won't give me my passwords since i'm unable to convice them i'm actually me. :(

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
You are very much indeed missed m8! Come back, atleast so we can have a chat :wub:

Legaethiel

Fledgling Freddie
Group teleport, underwater breathing, uber speed. Nice interupts, can be either hard hitting or stealth...I am at a loss too mate. Minstrels are great, especially if you know Galadry in Ludlow Militia.

Fahdlan

Fledgling Freddie
you got 4types of interrupts.

if a caster/shaman kites you, you can keep interrupting him with mezzing and running after him.

pet charm.

instant stun, if tank, hard melee'er (if slash spec) side slicer, snares him.
or strafe and use sideslicer. and eat end pots.

a nice abs chant.

use energy weapon/lw.

ofc, you aint OP in melee as a minstrel.
I'm laughing at people saying that they are gimped, cause I have seen most minstrels that say that just stand still, dd dd stun, ammy ammy dd dd stun.... ip.... purge...
they do not use their abilities.

therefor...

sit down, write some tactics on some paper, thats what I did.
I even wrote down what to do when that class and that character used that ability,
how to counter it.

there are 2 good types of minstrel play styles.
petstrel, kitestrel.

you got to think fast, thats all. make tactics, and people will change their mind about minstrels fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom