Albion Lacks...

GReaper

Part of the furniture
It's a bit hard to expect a load of fully ToA'd ML8+ Friars to wait at Sauvage for a group, especially considering they've been mostly unwanted since SI! :p

Anyway, stick to the classes you've got and make the most of them. Concentrate on a single char and get it to RR8-RR9+ instead of having several at RR5+! Encouraging people to roll a class such as a Friar from scratch is a bit awkward considering how many realm levels it takes to get essential realm abilities. It takes until RR4L5 just to get ST3 and Purge2, however if the 1.76 determination changes come in, then it'll take until RR7L4 just to get ST3 and Det5 - and that excludes Aug Dex and other useful RA's.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
GReaper said:
Anyway, stick to the classes you've got and make the most of them.
:worthy:

Thats why I have 3 50's

My sorc for rvr, my armsman(because he doesnt fall like a sack of crap like my sorc does) ;)

And my necro who I used to get my scrolls for the other two 8)

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
GReaper said:
It's a bit hard to expect a load of fully ToA'd ML8+ Friars to wait at Sauvage for a group, especially considering they've been mostly unwanted since SI! :p
We did /who Ouro a lot and you wasnt there!!! Shame on you! ;)

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Killerbee said:
We did /who Ouro a lot and you wasnt there!!! Shame on you! ;)

I'm afraid I don't stick to my own advice very well. :(

With 10 level 50's I'm an altoholic! :p

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Huntingtons said:
by saying that then alb should run with friar as well (considering teh setups) and alb should run with mincer as well. getting all 6 magic resist, spd and mez - you can remove eld from hib setup ;o

Friars are only an option again because of BG/Grapple. The warden has been in hib groups from the start!

Minstrels are good in groups but too many are played as damage dealers, running after the assist train. Minstrels lost their spot in groups because they play like stealth zergers :p I've seen some trying to solo casters with their hardcore DDs!

imo, Minstrels are best played as interrupters. They can disrupt 2-3 enemy healer/casters for the duration of the fight. But you don't see this happening, because Alb groups rarely give interrupting priority.

You could remove the Eld from hib groups, but it's a good class which works in melee and caster groups, much like Theus... but how many high RR Theus can you find in Albion? Probably because most of them are earth spec for PvE and the regular RvR group wants air/ice without giving earth a chance...

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
GReaper said:
I'm afraid I don't stick to my own advice very well. :(

With 10 level 50's I'm an altoholic! :p
Checked your other alts as well, at least those who I know. :)

And Escape:
Agree minstrels should play interrupter, defending casters/clerics against pets and demezzing. Grped with lot of minstrels who didnt demezz at all, I'm 100% sure they not even had it on their qb. Euinar for one is a hell quick demezzer as mini.

About theu: Probably because most of them are earth spec for PvE and the regular RvR group wants air/ice without giving earth a chance... It's not their spec, but you just wont invite an unknown low rr earth theu (or air) into a grp.

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
Killerbee said:
And Escape:
Agree minstrels should play interrupter, defending casters/clerics against pets and demezzing. Grped with lot of minstrels who didnt demezz at all, I'm 100% sure they not even had it on their qb. Euinar for one is a hell quick demezzer as mini.

take me in grp, i do have demess on my qb:) <3

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Escape said:
Friars are only an option again because of BG/Grapple. The warden has been in hib groups from the start!

Minstrels are good in groups but too many are played as damage dealers, running after the assist train. Minstrels lost their spot in groups because they play like stealth zergers :p I've seen some trying to solo casters with their hardcore DDs!

imo, Minstrels are best played as interrupters. They can disrupt 2-3 enemy healer/casters for the duration of the fight. But you don't see this happening, because Alb groups rarely give interrupting priority.

You could remove the Eld from hib groups, but it's a good class which works in melee and caster groups, much like Theus... but how many high RR Theus can you find in Albion? Probably because most of them are earth spec for PvE and the regular RvR group wants air/ice without giving earth a chance...
and why was it wardens were included in hib setups? for resis, so should a friar - cold/heat resis are way too important to leave out along with healing backup nice dmg and bg/grapple they're a great member to have in a group.
If you pick classes like and eld because they're too good to be left out you should do that in the other realms (bd maybe, and theurg) etc. you cant just dump them in 1 catagory and not put it in the others imo.

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
Huntingtons said:
and why was it wardens were included in hib setups? for resis, so should a friar - cold/heat resis are way too important to leave out along with healing backup nice dmg and bg/grapple they're a great member to have in a group.
If you pick classes like and eld because they're too good to be left out you should do that in the other realms (bd maybe, and theurg) etc. you cant just dump them in 1 catagory and not put it in the others imo.

warden for hib grp = not just resists :p
bg grapple, really good heals, twf , pbt , forgetting about that?
and its a bg that can stay alive for longer than a friar ~

Enariol

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:

I did interrupt imo! :<

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
toxii said:
warden for hib grp = not just resists :p
bg grapple, really good heals, twf , pbt , forgetting about that?
and its a bg that can stay alive for longer than a friar ~

well, it ment pre toa as he talked about that - that it was backup heal and resis (pbt is nice, but really 1 hit every 6 sec aint that good)

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Between SI <> ToA, the three realms mostly ran tank groups.
During that phase, friar resists didn't count for much and tbh, the average paladin heals more than a friar! :p

Wardens had resists, pbt, damage add, twf and saw themselves as more of a support char, than battlefriars!

Anyway, this was/is the general opinion in Albion. It's not like I have anything to do with group setups! If I did, there would be more cabalists using NS and Disease in RvR and less innocu and male characters :\

P.S. Sort out the text in your avatar! :p

Enariol said:
I did interrupt imo! :<

sure, you interrupted your own group with c6 spam! :eek:

scarloc

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:
If I did, there would be more cabalists using NS and Disease in RvR and less innocu and male characters :\

What about male inconnu that uses ns and disease? :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom