Alb races discussion!

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
With the introducing of Half-Ogre.

this kinda put albs so called str race Highlander in the shadows xD

What I consider during this is. wtf is mythics idea rly?

Mostly considering over tank classes with those races

Briton: 60 all the way ftw
Semi decent for any1. Atleast they got that right ;o
Highlander: 70 str 70 con 50 dex 50 qui
such minimal change. always been always will be. tho it was albs little extra WS on tanks for those past years.
Saracen: 50 str 50 con 80 dex 60 qui
Ok here u atleast get some change via the dex improvement.
Half Hogre: 90 str 70 con 40 dex 40 qui
Albs new supposed to be for teh win weaponskill race.Which is now putting Highlander down mostly if u aint going for looks(err?!) and stupid enough to make briton like I did that one time ;o

Fishietypething: no comments

What u think? Why need highlander anemore? :wij:

No sleep tonight silly post. but just post and flame a little :clap:

Circulous

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
(...)

What u think? Why need highlander anemore? :wij:

Cause a HO female looks like a cow on drugs and male HO like a mutant hero turtle ;)

lillagullan

Fledgling Freddie
highlander still good race for paladin imo

u get more dmg/ws from the 70 str, and still able to block alot from the 50 dex, instead of saracen, with low str and high dex, not so gr8 for 29 slash speccing paladins.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
lillagullan said:
highlander still good race for paladin imo

u get more dmg/ws from the 70 str, and still able to block alot from the 50 dex, instead of saracen, with low str and high dex, not so gr8 for 29 slash speccing paladins.

Actually my paladin is saracen and respecced from 39 slash to 29 slash and hes way more useful atm with his 50 shield I must say.
Ive also played Highlander Paladin around same rr and I would say my sara block is quite better. the dmg difference aint much to be fussed about.

tho im rvr I spose a brit/highlander is the better choice.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Circulous said:
Cause a HO female looks like a cow on drugs and male HO like a mutant hero turtle ;)

Ever heard the noise female HO does when it dies? :eek:

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
Chimaira said:
Ever heard the noise female HO does when it dies? :eek:

Yes I told her not to die anymore when its next to me :(
And my merc is briton cus I did it for the looks :D:D
Oh and it was rolled before HO's so cba to reroll

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
The way I see it is:

Avalonian - Ok stats for casters, suffers from low con and just average dex. Tall race, so gets targetted easily. Also an expected caster race for enemies.

Inconnu - Best race for Sorcerer / Cabalist, good race for Infils, Thrust Mercs, S/S Armsmen, Reaver. Small but still a natural target for enemies. 5% more resists than the other races.

Saracen - Good race for Sorcerer, Cabalist, Scouts, Infils, Thrust Mercenaries, S/S Armsmen.
Briton - All around. Makes it harder for enemies to tell your true identity. Best race for clerics.

Highlander - Good race for Mercenaries, Armsmen and Scouts. 2nd choice for Clerics and works too :)

Half Ogre - Best statwise for Slash/Crush Tanks.

Race doesnt matter so much for Paladins. Race isnt end all be all either, just gives a class a nudge in the right direction.

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
nerf races.. i wanna be ho :eek:

would be 410str instead of gimped 375

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Half ogre has about 80-100 more ws than me so i am kind of pissed off that mythic release them 2 years after retail release or i would of been one without even thinking of any other race, after seeing my troll zerk's str(384 buffed at lv47, 239 unbuffed compared to sycho's 218 unbuffed, 373 buffed with aug str 3 no overcapped str)

Weaponskill>>>>>>>>all for a fighting class except pala of course do not care what anyone says, that 80-100 weaponskill is a noticeable difference maybe not so much in damage but in amount of times you are blocked/parried/evaded.

Give race respec xEEE

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
HO isnt the "ftw" choise as a merc, it has to low dex and quik...

So i woulr personly chose a briton or saracen for a merc, and if i was going crush, i would chose a highlander.

Thats what i think atleast.. and besides, HOs looks like.. well.. dont have a word for it :touch:

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Do not need dex for a merc(if slash or crush specced) that's why most of them who know about their class are leaving it as last stat to cap, as for qui yes, you can just have 15 str and 10 qui at start then you got same base qui as highlander or even overcap qui in sc.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Bet u would like to be first rr11 HO merc in the world eh fader? :eek:

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Gotta agree here..... first toon I rolled (and my first 2 level 50) was a Merc.
That was back in the bad old days when Mercs couldnt get a group. In fact my guild leader at that time actually called me stupid for rolling a Merc. He couldnt see the point in them.
Anyhoo's.... I feel somewhat annoyed that Mythic finally got their head out their ass and made Mercs viable not so long back then introduce a race which makes all previous Mercs redundant not long after it.
Bit of a pisser really :(

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Sycho said:
Do not need dex for a merc (if slash or crush specced) that's why most of them who know about their class are leaving it as last stat to cap, as for qui yes, you can just have 15 str and 10 qui at start then you got same base qui as highlander or even overcap qui in sc.

Depends on how you play your Merc tbh ...

For assist train RvR there is little Point..

But for more dex = higher rate of parry. Garoks got 365 dex fully buffed and 53 Points in parry wich allow's me to Tank most Mobs fairly well.
Haveing some kind of good defence is can be usefull in PvE when you have large numbers of Mobs on beeting down on the Main shield tank i can effectively peel some off and hold agro with DS bleeds without takeing much damage due to high parry rate (better if guard and pbt are up ;) )

Plus 7 second stun in DW line chains off a parry reactionary and with Flank haveing no to hit bonus its nice to have a couple of seconds to get another off incase the first one does not land.

So i would not dismiss Dex as non important since it gives Mercs some flexability in their role...

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Well yeah dex is good for soloers and pve'rs too due to dex effecting parry rate.

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Sycho said:
Well yeah dex is good for soloers and pve'rs too due to dex effecting parry rate.

Im Sure you have come accross the 'Target the MA first' Type of Tactic.

If they choose your Merc MA with 3xx in Dex and 5x Parry < ra's, itamz etc> While ha has DT up Your plan is kinda screwed :).

That tactic 'does' actually work btw, most effective Verus Savages with Slash Mercs actually. Its 2 much work to kill 3 Healers / 1 Shaman so just leave em mezzed and wtfpwn dem savages which Slash Mercs will make short work of them. Oh and an Unbuffed / RS savage makes a Paladin seem Uber Damage dealers :D.

Also depending on the Group ofc, Alot of Savages you fight are actually low or mid RR while there Support is High RR < Old time players etc> So they have the RA"s / Power etc to stay alive while most 'Self buff poppin' Savages wont look to IP till RR8/9 if at all xD. With the recent Savage buff nerf they actually help the mercs out 2 :D

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Nope i just get a mob5 pala with 50 shield to guard me while they do :p

Just saying dex is the least important stat for a merc to cap which it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom