alb lair

J

jilson

Will we ever go to the granite giants and form a list like mid lair...
It seems like one of the best places to lvl to me and yet still nobody goes there. Perhaps albs should think about forming a list system for granite giants...

Yes i know it is hard to get there, but surely there must be an easy way to get there + in next patch we will be doing dragon raids far more often for respec stones.

There may be a perfectly good reason why alb are not using one of the best places to lvl in their realm but pls some1 tell me.

Please say if you are intrested in getting Granite Giants back on the map.

k thnx

F

Flimgoblin

The dragon lair's easy to get to.

But half of albion has levelled up on the tanglers and the trees and don't know where to go that's not Lyonesse.

Dartmoor is a superb place for XP - plenty of camp spots, all of the tangler groups could have moved to DM and had enough left for another set ;)

Now obviously there's only one or two groups worth right next to the dragon (the stonelords/pounders) but there's more to pull west from the dragon, north from the dragon, northwest etc.

Not to mention the higher level stonecrushers in the sw corner.

But noone ever goes there :(

I'd lead some random xp groups to do stonelords but the thought of sitting in one place killing the same monsters over and over for hours doesn't appeal to me much anymore :)
(guild hunts in dartmoor are usually a laugh because we wander around :))

Another underused place is Llyn Barfog - the feeders/devourers/gorgers there are good xp :) kinda-like essence shredders :D

A

Apathy

Problem with DM is the INSANE aggro. I'm, like, GODLY in PvE and single-target mezzing 14 giants in a row but...all it takes is some gimp to ruin it all and everyone dies. Pffft.

LB feeders etc are bloody hard to kill. I can kinda solo an orange one at lvl 50 IF I drag a medial telamon all the way from Lyonesse. Basically, take a mob from one end of the map to the other. No good charmable yellow con pets up that way. And feeders just add, like, RANDOMLY. It's stupid.

Albion sticks to trees and goblins because...that's all it can handle. :p Mezzing two trees and a worm is piss easy. Doign AoE tanglers is piss easy. Anything else requires a lvl 50 mind sorc. :p

a.

J

jilson

whats a lvl 50 mind sorc apathy?

- You say you don't like killing things over and over again ... cause Trees are fun and waiting for DF access is even better.

S

starblade

Both Dartmoor and Barfog are great places to level.
Did most of my 40 to 50 xping there combined with snodon and the cornwall pygmys (I still love them ... go out now and then simply to bash a few for fun). We did feeders for drops too those days (frenzied thrusters, shields, ... big fun).

All these areas (combined with some barrows) sure kept me out of lyonesse ... (only once a tree group out of curiosity) and made me xping with quite some fun.

J

Jiggs

well moving the ellyl and ravenclan mobs into lynn barfog should be cool and make lynn a busy place come 1.60

but yeah i always went DM when the option was available whilst leveling

the main prob no one has mentioned is rezzing, basically if you die in lyonesse you can get a rez easy, die in DM and u have to release...

thats why its so unpopular

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Nobody ever wants to go to DM...ever! Its a great place to get XP and some nice glowy drops.

J

jilson

well if we make it into Mid lair as a very popular place to exp rezzes will be easy to get. Exp will be fast - and on a list system u can be sure to get some exp eventually rather than wondering around looking for grps and then ppl being put infront of u for no paticular reason etc ...

P

pcentella

I have seen Mid exp in Malmo and I don't like it very much. Having to wait hours to get in a group, the one with the list moving people up and down depending of friendship/guildies, people AFKing a lot and not acting as a group as they just want exp and don't care if a caster dies.... Definitely don't like it. But "classic" groups of exp in Dartmoor would be good to see.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Ooookay...looks like I totally didn't get the 'List' system. What is it exactly?

B

belth

Someone in the main-group is holding the list of people who are on queue and the list can be over 3 hours long.

P

pcentella

Basically: there are 2 groups, the big-lvls one and the low-lvls one. When you want to join, you ask who has the list, and then ask the one on the list to be added to the list. Then the one who has the list writes your name down, and you wait for hours. Then, it's usually one of these two:

1) The one who has the list is your friend and, instead of being number 18, you get "promoted" to number 2 or so.

2) The one who has the list isn't your friend and several people who came later than you join before you.

S

starblade

List ???

These places are damn big enough to hold any group - groups you want. We already have tree/tangler lists :(

Never could get it why people could sit in lyonesse waiting for hours getting on top of such a list and getting into a group if they could just team up with others and head into DM. But then again ... I prob don't grasp the idea completely as I never was on one.

O

old.Sko

Hmm we did gorgers hunts like this - 2 fg just go into spawn and zerg it. Then we moved into next camp :)

A

Arthwyr

Leveled Arth to 50 in dartmoor and on trees. Thing is if you die on trees, tanglers or barrows you can get a rezz or in the worst case need 10 minutes to get the group there again. If you die near the dragons lair its /release and do the pain in the ass trip over there again. If you log a rezz bot there its fine though.

O

old.Filip

another thing is giants have more HP than mid WW's and WW's comes in bigger numbers.. meaning better group bonus

B

bewal

DM does have a horse station relatively near though at Cornwall farm. Malmohus is loooong way off Gna, though they are now putting the horse route to Skona too.

V

Vorcyn

XP in dm? Yes please, great place.

List system? Forget it, i've seen enough arguments over ones in other realms, no need to bring it here.

D

doneagle

been asking myself same question... trees are only lvl 57-59 and come in 3's ( pun intended :p ). Where WW's are 60+ and come with 4.

True that we need 2 fg's to take them on but why not make some hunts in dartmoor so people get to know the place?

T

Tigerius

Did a large part of 40s in DM, indeed many different good spots to camp right up to lair. Forget about introducing a list, but instead set up xp parties meeting at CWS, pm a few people you know of the necessary classes and go in there. Really not very hard, just requires a few more minutes of planning.

Careful PB xping in DM though, them Stonelords hit you from more or less outside PB range :)

F

Falcor

best place for ppl to xp would be snowdonia, speaking from the "realm" angle as myriddian is not defendable at all, why we loose the relics so easily so if ppl xp in snow we get ppl there asap(not that we have relic ofc atm) but its a good pattern to get into, ofc u also got pennines and hadrians wall to xp in, all sueful places for relic defence:), tho soon relics are near impossible to take with new ram limits coming in

J

Jiggs

its a good point, with lynn getting all those new mobs: we should see snow easier to defend...

roll on 1.60

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom