Akai the Prophet

A

Arafier

Was running up to the bridge from Humberton the other day and noticed this mob - orange con to a level 20 paladin, hostile. Now, he's never been there before, so I wondered if he could be an event mob....

When I went near him, I got the message:

"Hagard and wild eyed, te prophet is staring at the sky with a vacuous expression on his face." (this is word for word, including the spelling mistakes)

And when I talked to him:

Akai the Prophet says, "What ! You dare trouble the Celestial Contemplation! May the skies fall on your home, may the milk of your cows go sour, may vermin cover your body if you dare once again to gaze at the Listener !"

Now, I have no idea what this is about... but I thought I'd let people know about it in case they're interested. I haven't been following the events much myself, so no idea if this ties in with anything that's already been noticed.

Am also going to post this on Prydwen boards in case they've noticed something similar...

A

acei

He's been there for quite a while, since 1.54patch i believe.

P

Puppetmistress

he was on Salisbury Plains when I levelled my theurg I think. Back in 1.49

H

Hit ^_^

old.

btw wtf does Kold doing in the twees at twee spot 2?

T

timberwolf

I noticed a mob called Tuka as well on the edge of WD/Salisbury plains - anyone know the story behind him ?

H

Hit ^_^

never seen him. just have added him since 1,34

N

necromancia

Speaking about the spelling mistakes with Akai, isn't it remarkable how much spelling mistakes there are in DaoC?

H

Hit ^_^

so? :>
better they release the patches fast then keep the spelling to 100% after all they are french. bet they translate the american to french then to english.

remember a end event mob that used u insdead of you when he talked :p

N

necromancia

Oh, I thought the game was American =/

Especially since the yanks got SI a full three months earlier than we did :(

D

dropkick

There is a named mob at the top of the rise between lyoness and cornwall . If you follow it right passed the cornwall giants , she was there in plate armor pbaoe, cant remember her name

T

Tobold

all these mobs have been there for ages, doing nothing. GOA don't care about us having fun, they want money, why would events bother them? i think they just add afew random NPCs around the game every week, and let us puzzle over the event that doesn't exist

S

skile

There's a big cyclop at cornwall giants (Pog Mapog). He's orange to 50 and can be killed with 2-3 peeps (2 if good combo). I have only seen him once :).

There's also some redcon paladin in cornwall. Dunno what that's about o_O.

D

_dalmar_

Tuka is a quest mob - lvl 14 from some women in outland wharf , gives a not bad necklace(+18 ish) that u can upgrade at gothwaite at 17 (+27 and 2% slash/thrust/crush resist)

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by necromancia
isn't it remarkable how much spelling mistakes there are in DaoC?

Was the grammatical error ironic ? ;)

O

old.Kerosene

Originally posted by skile
There's a big cyclop at cornwall giants (Pog Mapog). He's orange to 50 and can be killed with 2-3 peeps (2 if good combo). I have only seen him once :).

There's also some redcon paladin in cornwall. Dunno what that's about o_O.

Only ever seen him once too. He was stood right in the middle of the road between Cornwall and Lyonesse. Didn't wait to see if he was hostile, just unloaded roughly 9 air pets on him and got nuking.

I had him.

P

[PS]Venom

I think the cyclops is a rare spawn and he's been noticed on the US servers too but I could be wrong.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by *Hienrich*
I think the cyclops is a rare spawn and he's been noticed on the US servers too but I could be wrong.

I got killed by him once when my sorc (way back) was logged in Cornwall (just past the Yarleys). And I remember peeps PM' ing me with ' where did he kill you' and so..

It seems he makes a patrol from halfway Yarleys-Lyonesse all the way to the dunters(or rooters?) HQ-building thingy (whatever it's called)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom