Air Theurg?

B

BubbleCDR

What is a Air Theurgist like? [full]
Any good? what spells do they get ?
like Fire is Nukes and stuff

B

Belsameth

can't answer you myself. I find theurgs mindnumbingly boring (more so then other classes, at least)
but try www.classesofcamelot.com
it always answered my questions..

G

GReaper

Excellent (and power efficient) spirit nuker. Usually best against mids who have the least spirit resist, but awful against hibs who usually get a 16% minimum spirit resist buff from the Warden.

10 sec PBT with the 26 spares in earth, gimpy 1250 range AoE mez in your air line. Can also get a very small AoE root with 45 air, 26 earth and spares in ice.

Probably easier to level up in groups than a wizard thanks to PBT, assuming you go for 26 earth before going for 45 air.

G

Generic Poster

The best Theu, is an earth Theu.

You'll have to work a little to get PBT, once you have it, go afk and come back every ten minutes to redo earthbuffs.

PBT is soo good, I don't care if the Theu in my group if afk, so long as I have 6sec bubble on me.

Air Theu? hmmm, you can entertain the enemy with your little army, you can pretend to be a wizard, you can pretend to be a sorcerer... but at least you can run faster when the shit hits.

S

SilverHood

Sammi nukes my sorry excuse for a troll for over 400 dmg, minimum

Highest was 800 or so

Air theurgs are bloody hard to level though

Spec Earth until lvl 40, then /respec earth

26 in earth for pbt, rest air

Problem sorted

G

georgus

My theurgist hasnt been to bad to level was full air to 45 after messing with the respec bug to try full earth (boring). Kill undead mobs where you get the +30% damage and you can slaughter yellow cons.

Currently at 46 if I chain kill a bunch of yellow con mobs till im OOM I get about 0.05 of a bub, which i think is pretty damn good XP at that level. Sometimes have problems getting groups, people who've seen me nuke are normally happy to invite, though some do get hung up on the no pbt thing. Got called useless in a group by a scout which kinda made me laugh though.

In hindsight I would probably go full air to 40 then respec to 26earth rest air to 50, probably of made it slightly less painful.

Not 50 yet but nuke mids for around 350damage, hibs slighty less, most likely due to the wardens resist buffs. Does seem in general though spirit resists are nearer 10-15% than 25%+ heat like I find on my m8s fire wizzy.

K

Krissy

Originally posted by SilverHood
Air theurgs are bloody hard to level though

Not true at all.

Ive lvled an air theurgist to 50 and its not hard to lvl, i even went one better and not getting PBT till lvl 43 (wish i left it to get the best nuke at lvl 45).

Spirit damge is great for albions as theres loads of undead mobs.
Damage almost always caped on orange con undeads, and with the mez/single target root at lower lvls u can double CC without any problems of timer running low.

Over all air is harder to lvl than earth but its worth it. just wish they never added respecs, could of lvled in 2 weeks instead of more :(

A

Aule Valar

as said against mids sprit resists are pretty low, allowing some severe hammering, even hit a 50 kobie with no resists the other day, occasionally you'll run into a hib where you hit for around
80(-400) but its pretty rare, most hibs have about same spirit resists as cold it seems so far, go 45 air and you get a 25 sec aoe root, gives you 2 cc options, and air pets are vaugly amusing, if not all that good, stuns are very rare

Y

-yoda-

as an air theurg 27e/10ice/45air im happy with e spec .
i dont like fighting hibs cs they got to many ressits "not much fun nuking a hib for 250(-250)" plus they ot allsorts of spells to stop me casting instas /stuns etc etc ... where as with mids they got low spirit resists and not as many tools to combat me . only ca from mid i hate is skald cos of the dd's and zerker cos there duel wield damn hurts ,,

thruegs have lots of decent skills imo. not as lengthy as other realms but good non the less... v good dd.. decent ae root/mezz . insta speed debuff . pets "better han no pets right?" and pbt . and dmge buffs etc .. imo proly one of the most versatile caster classes .. much fun to play "except when lag" ) thasts just my opinion anywysim sue others wil have there thoughts

D

deadparrot

Originally posted by georgus
Not 50 yet but nuke mids for around 350damage, hibs slighty less, most likely due to the wardens resist buffs.

I nuke for about that with my lvl 50 ice one, I was thinking about respeccing to air at some point.
I've got 35 earth 38 ice 16 air atm (ice+earth 50 w/items)

I hardly ever use the 8 sec pbt in rvr anyway 6 sec is much better for power.

I was thinking of going 45 air, 28 earth, 10 ice

gets the last air nuke the, 6 sec pbt + speed debuff, 23 sec ae root 27 sec ae mess.

I heard that the air nuke costs less to cast too, is that true?

K

Krissy

Originally posted by deadparrot

II was thinking of going 45 air, 28 earth, 10 ice

gets the last air nuke the, 6 sec pbt + speed debuff, 23 sec ae root 27 sec ae mess.

I heard that the air nuke costs less to cast too, is that true?

+ spec items dont give u the spells u would gain by spending spec points. so u can only get a 10 sec PBT with the best air nuke.

air nukes do cost alot less power, any air theurgist with raging power is an idiot due to ur not usualy out of power if u play it correctly.

D

deadparrot

6 sec pbt thing was a typo it was kinda late after all ...

O

old.Iunliten

Hibbies next to always runs around with a warden, and wardens who are more or less forced to specc nurture to 44 (or what 6 second PBT requires) which will give the 16% spirit resist buff.

But spirit ain't prioritized over cold, heat, body, melee resists, so I myself for example run around with 6% without warden but most often 22%

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom