Air gig.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Was just setting off to the Air gig at the brixton academy for tonight and i thought id check to see who was supporting... Only fucking David Holmes doing a DJ set! Off in 45 minutes just thought id make a post to brag in.

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
God I'd love to see AIR live, bet they never make it to Australia :(

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Was the 3rd time id seen air and the gig was absolutely amazing but totally the wrong venue. Too many people expecting 'dance' music i guess. They did all the singles mostly, lots of their new tracks from Talkie Walkie and a few from my personal fave album 10.000 hz legend. They also seem to have a new drummer and boy does he smash the drums hard, the ending of the 2nd encore was Le Femme De Voyage (spelling) he went absolutely nuts and he mustve blown everybodys eardrums. Stand out part of the night was Sexy Boy, the gig was quite a dark affair with a few spotlights flying around but during the chorous they reminded me how good they can be by blitzing everyone with strobe lights/flood lamps etcetc. Blinding :p.

David Holmes was also very good, 3rd time i seen him too, less than a year ago saw him with his Free Assosciation buddies in liverpool, thank god he was in soul mood as i was worrying that finishing with loud nasty techno would have destroyed Air's worth on that night.

Amazing night, fantastic music, wrong venue basically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom