Air France

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Are an awful airline. So awful I'm claiming 500 Euro from them, for a 6 1/2 hour late flight.

Has anyone received similar compensation from an airline before?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
They'll do their very best to fob you off with credits for future flights. Getting cash out of airlines is infinitely harder than getting blood out of a stone.

I had to really kick up a stink with EasyJet in June because there were air traffic controller strikes over here. I absolutely had to be back in France by the weekend, they told me the day before I was supposed to fly to England that my flight out wasn't cancelled but they couldn't tell me with certainty whether or not I'd be able to fly back on the Friday so I said to them that I couldn't go. It's only just been settled.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Their was a problem with the plane, out of Canada. The brakes were fucked or something. I had a 90 minute delay while they fixed it, so missed my connection in Paris. I eventually arrived home 6.5 hours late, with no baggage either.

Money Saving Expert tells me the EU requires airlines to compensate passengers for such delays, in my case it looks like 600 Euro or so (not 500 as I said earlier). Plus I want compensating for having to go collect my baggage today (they wouldn't deliver it).

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I got a shitload of airmiles out of BA when they were a few hours late.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Their was a problem with the plane, out of Canada. The brakes were fucked or something. I had a 90 minute delay while they fixed it, so missed my connection in Paris. I eventually arrived home 6.5 hours late, with no baggage either.

Money Saving Expert tells me the EU requires airlines to compensate passengers for such delays, in my case it looks like 600 Euro or so (not 500 as I said earlier). Plus I want compensating for having to go collect my baggage today (they wouldn't deliver it).
Yeah at just changed recently. And now the fact that they can't put mechanical break down as a business as usual delay means more and more should be able to do this. It's probably going to lead to increase flight costs though as someone will have to pay for all the extra compensation

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
hmm money will be hard I suppose, but in a pinch you could get hotel vouchers off them which you could use for yourself at some point?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Air Chance, as they are known as in the industry. Complained once and told them I would never fly again with them. Had a Business Class ticket, the stupid checkin put me in an economy seat. Caused a scene on the aircraft as I sat in Business and refused to move. The pilot came and looked at my ticket/boarding card, then told me he agreed that I had been put in the wrong class but that I had to move! Anyway, they sent me free ticket to any destination. I tore it up and sent it back with a note saying, "what is it about never fly with you again that you did not understand!"

To this day I haven't. Considering that I was flying weekly to Toulouse at that time they lost quite a bit of money from that mistake.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Result. They've emailed me, apologised and offered me 700 spondoolies. I have graciously accepted.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Hopefully you learnt a lesson and will not use them again :)

sayward

Resident Freddy
We were delayed at Gatwick overnight because of snow. At over 4hrs our travel insurance kicked in. So much per person (2 of us) per hour. we got more than £1000

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom