Aion

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Aion had some really good things going for it, let down by ridiculous grind to cap on release, and lack of content updates over the first 15 months or so of release ( like 1 instance woo ).
Now that the grind is gone, if you havnt played it before it's probably worth a bash.

The gliding from Aion should be in EVERY MMO.

Custodian

Loyal Freddie
Not touched this since the pre-release beta. Didn't feel like paying a subscription, have never agreed with that model and the beta didn't grab me enough to change my mind. Definately be worth another look if subs are gone. Though timing may suck with other good new subs-free games coming soon. Maybe I could give up work and start taking this gaming malarky seriously.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Aion was a massive let down to be honest, it had so much potential aswell which was a shame. The few things that ruined Aion for me:

- When they patched it so you could no longer rift to enemy areas due to stupid buffs people would get vs invaders
- It was too fucking grindy, I love making alts but making an alt in Aion was a piss take because xp'ing was so slow (we're not asia! stop giving us these grind shit games)
- No real end game PvE it was all so easy and the PvP wasnt exactly great at level 50

That said it did have some features that were cool like the flying/gliding I thought that was pretty awesome and could be used in other mmo's :p the crafting wasnt too bad either.

- English -

Resident Freddy
Problem with Aion for me was the lack of classes ... was boring coming up vs the same thing all the time.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Too much grind, the capital cities just felt empty even if nicely polished and far too many MuMu'S :(

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
The thing that ruined Aion for me was the flight PvP inbalance - melee classes stood no chance against range classes unless they got the jump on them. That said, i've been reading snippets over the past year which suggest that it's improved quite a lot (the grind was ok - the issue was that once you hit a certain level the grinding areas just weren't interesting, this has been fixed by more instances and a lower xp cap). I'll probably give it a whirl as I love the art style so much.

- English -

Resident Freddy
oh and the fact before patch 2.0 i completed firetemple around 100+ times on 3 characters and never saw the bow once ;| infact only ever saw 1 yellow drop

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
meh, if only it wasnt so grinding and they were more strict against botters it'd still be going strong today

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
2 things ruined Aion for me, +10 twinked yellow gear retards rifting in to farm unprepared levelers in shit gear and retarded GM's that gave me 3 day ban and my guild master a permanent ban (found that out later) because of a 2 million kinah gift from my guild master because they wanted to think i RMT'd it....

Custodian

Loyal Freddie
They have announced a Beta for the new free service, starting next week. Just go to the aionfreetoplay site if interested.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
not really bothered tbh, it'll be no different than sub version was so i'll give it a miss.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
F2P launched yesterday if anyone wants to check it out.

I had a quick peak but the lag was tremendous. I was rubberbanding so bad i fell through the floor and died... :p

Custodian

Loyal Freddie
Not found any problems with lag. Horrible 1hr+ queues logging on to the new (Nexus) server during peak times though :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom