aint it friday today?

B

Bleri McThrust

lol its a bit early yet for news. Tends to arrive sometime in the afternoon.

Everyone is so impatient for the news on Fridays. :sleeping:

B

Belsameth

besides that, asking the same question every single week isn't going to change a thing about if they post it or not

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Bleri McThrust
lol its a bit early yet for news. Tends to arrive sometime in the afternoon.

Everyone is so impatient for the news on Fridays. :sleeping:

Nah it's just windforce :)

O

old.LandShark

i'd rather not be reminded how late this PvP server still is :p

B

breon2

We dont seem to be kept up2date as much as the US do on the herald.

F

Flimgoblin

that's because "We translated this bit today" isn't as good reading as 'We made duels and stuff on pendragon'

N

Noche

And me, duel duel duel... eh... that would come in 2003 more likely :(

Well 4 the moment switch Gorre to English asap and keep it more than 24h :)

L

lakih

I think we have started a trend of begging for news at silly times on fridays, and then complaining over the begger who is begging for silly news on fridays...

:m00:

F

Flimgoblin

and then complaining about people complaining at the people that are complaining there's no news yet?

Hrm - wonder if I can login at 10 mins past midnight next week and post :p ;)

H

Herbal Remedy

what would be the post windforce will just post at 1201 :p

S

SFXman

Friday news !
[2002-18-10]

Here it comes, the Friday news ! This week, we will mainly have practical information. Gorre is still in 1.52, in French and using the Brocéliande database.

Any news about the Shrouded Isles expansion pack ?

Shrouded Isles, the first expansion pack for Dark Age of Camelot, is still in development and should be released in the US by the end of this year. Our first estimation is a European release for the first quarter of 2003.

Can I lend my account to a friend ?

As it is clearly stated in the EULA (the contract that all players must accept in order to play on the European servers of Dark Age of Camelot), your account is strictly personal and you are therefore not allowed to share it, or to sell it.

Lately, we received some reports about players informing us that their account were being used by another person, and that some or all characters had been deleted, the items stolen. After investigation, it appears that most of these problems are involving players sharing their account password with "friends". These players voluntarily gave their password to another player or more than one, trusting them. Big mistake…

NEVER share your password with another player !

If you already did it, change your password now (by going on the "account" part of the official website). We advise you however to keep your first password somewhere safe, for you will need it if you wish to use our Customer Support and knowledge database ; RightNow.

You are responsible for your account, if you give your password, you take the responsibility for all possible consequences of this, and we will not restore items lost because of this.

My character has been deleted, how can I get it back ?

First, please note that we received the possibility to restore characters only recently. Before, we could not possibly restore characters.
Things changed since last summer and we can now restore characters quite easily, and we are already doing it pretty often if the request is sent to the Customer Support.

How does this restoration tool work ?

Basically, when you delete a character, it goes into a "backup slot". Each account has four backup slots. What it means is that if you delete four characters, then your four "backup" slots will be used. After that, if you delete a fifth character, the first on the list will disappear forever, with no chance at all to restore it. Any more character deleted will push an older deleted character out of the "backup" list.
If you character is corrupted, then we cannot restore it and your character is forever lost.

However, in the case of a character corruption (which is something you usually do not wish), we can help you "re-creating" the character (using logs we have). However, these logs are limited and we cannot recover ALL the information about your lost character. Usually, you will get a character back, his name, level but no items nor realm points. Please note that we are extremely vigilant when dealing with such characters, and that the process is a long one.

That's it for today, have a good weekend and good luck in the hunt !

A

Armolas

Interestingly enough, if youlook at the French news page, you will see that Gorre is in French all week (again - I think it has been up in French a whole week already).

Not looking good for the end of the month, if it will take 2 weeks testing per language.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom