Agramon Sightseeing

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
DAoC Players are now in for a real treat:

THE ISLE OF AGRAMON

We are proud to announce the addition of the center island, Agramon, to New Frontiers in Dark Age of Camelot. The purpose of this center island is to allow all realms to participate in RvR at a central location that is easy to access, and to allow easier movement between all three realms. Set in the middle of the North Sea, Agramon, a place of varying terrain, landmarks and wide open fields, places the battlefield in the front yard of each realm's beachhead keep.

So. I rolled a level 1 Viking on Pendragon and went to see for myself. And yes it IS good.

Agramon acts like a big Emain Mach bowl, you can enter it from three points, the bridges connected to Dun Crauchon, Bledmeere Faste and Caer Benowych. Aswell as from the water. But when inside, you can't get out from the edges, this is stopped by tall mountains making zonewalls. That means no bob-up-and-down-in-water-ftw waterfights. And no omg must have breath! whine to Minstrels/Healers/Bards/Whatnot. Theres only one lake on the entire map, but rather fight outside than in :p

The Island is split into 4 themes, similar to Emain Macha, Odin's Gate and Hadrian's Wall. Although there's little snow where you actually run in Odin's :)
In addition the centre where the Tainted/Decayed lands lie. (See screenshots)
Also, it's not possible travelling from one theme to the other without going through either of the 2 Milegates, which acts like choke-points. One Milegate blocked by the Zerg? Take the other!
Landmarks are also scattered around, similar to the OF Silo's. In addition to a few more which are marked on the /map.

Screenshots (650kb's each, cba to compress :p)

http://folk.uio.no/joakibj/camelot/agramon/

Also a note about Milegates, there doesn't seem to be any way to climb ontop of them. So archers-galore has to happen on the walls (as in OF) qq

My guess is Agramon will be Live on US before the end of August, then on Europe next year or smth xD

Enjoy!

Gamah

Banned
looks pretty cool :D..nice to see that emain bowl tower make a guest apprance xD

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Might be a popular area, altho seems quite small if it does be.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Yes from your screens it does seem alil small, smaller than old emain at any rate. How did the size feel?

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
dear god it is old emain :( it's even got that little hut

Novac

Fledgling Freddie
Looks very nice. it does look abit small on the screenys tho >.<

orbin

Fledgling Freddie
Sweet! Now if only GOA could hotpatch this at the same time US gets it. I mean what possible translations can be made here, no quests etc.

/Gashemi

Septina

Part of the furniture
I demand fastforwarding.... gifv now!!!
Or i'll.... uh..... say naughty things :<

Himse

FH is my second home
looks good, can they send the patch earlier? :<

stupeh

Fledgling Freddie
From the screenshots it seems like there could be too many hilly areas and not enough flat for decent fights.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Fana said:
Yes from your screens it does seem alil small, smaller than old emain at any rate. How did the size feel?
It's not exactly small, but it aint big either, atleast much bigger than Hadrian's Wall roaming areas are now.

stupeh said:
From the screenshots it seems like there could be too many hilly areas and not enough flat for decent fights.
Yea, there's lots of hills and hills with canyons between them. The most flat areas are before and after MG's and the tainted bit (has a plateau in the centre)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
reminded me of old emain, bit just after the alb bridge before the split for the two mile gates made me think of sb corner in old emain.

Did 3 runs, first run got to amg, got splatted by a half group of mids.

Second run was grouped with a minstrel, made it past amg in sight of the deadlands in the middle and got splatted by some mids.

Third run died just as I got to the amg.

Heard about 20 lots of "mid kills alb at amg" whilst lying on the side of the hill past amg (reminded me a bit of the bowl just beyond amg)

Just like old emain ;) I predict gank groups flattening pugs, much whine about stealth zergs on the mgs and people camping the base of beno/crauchon/bled when they're bored.

Though at least there's no uberguards on those keeps and you can take them if there's noone around to fight back.

Glorien

Fledgling Freddie
Looks good...or at least interesting.

I think the biggest problem will be that the island seems fairly small which means being on a server with a high population adding and possibly zerging will happen very often.

Himse

FH is my second home
Glorien said:
Looks good...or at least interesting.

I think the biggest problem will be that the island seems fairly small which means being on a server with a high population adding and possibly zerging will happen very often.

the elite bomb groups like DH should come back :\

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
looks pretty cool :D..nice to see that emain bowl tower make a guest apprance xD
Silo as it was once called was lost through the ages of time :(

(from mid/pry that is)

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Himse said:
the elite bomb groups like DH should come back :\

not so pwful moc, no baod, no grp-purge, no 3 power relics, no hitting through gates/walls with pb, banelord mls, reavers, heretics, moc1 cheap, couple of artifact insta stuffz

etc etc they couldnt kill as much with the same method they did in OF :/

orbin

Fledgling Freddie
Hibs may not be so lucky with bombing but mids sure can bomb, just create warlock bomb grps. You just use chambers and uninterruptible primer. :)

Jerjerod

Fledgling Freddie
I went and took some myself, its very nice in an emain sort of way (the mile gates are set up in almost exactly the same way but with steps that are harder to fall down ;>) but possibly a bit small. These were taken from practicaly the same point and give you an idea of what the gap between some of the milegates is:

Hib Gate
http://www.bratch.co.uk/coven/sshot245.jpg

Alb Gate
http://www.bratch.co.uk/coven/sshot246.jpg

But there is also a loop within the two milegates each realm has thats quite big and with no PK this time just a unguarded bridge:

http://www.bratch.co.uk/coven/sshot227.jpg

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Again with the milegates.........camping ftw is back :( why O why mythic!!!!

you guys are deluding yourselves if you think its gonna be any different from the old mg camping days....blah!

/Dracus

Overdue

Fledgling Freddie
People want old emain back - That's pretty much the point. This will actually encourage people to make groups and bring back people. :worthy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom