MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So, what did everyone think?

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Am I supposed to be spoilering this?

Hmm, yes I liked it. What is the coulson thing though, (loved Lola at the end, bit cheesy, but good) he is not what he seems and the Tahiti thing is not what it seems either.

I'll keep watching though

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I thought it was very entertaining.
It isn't too serious. A little bit tongue in cheek.

It was a good Pilot episode. Got you interested without showing too much.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Is alright. Kind of an MIB/arrow mixup, what you'd expect.

Truth of Tahiti thing is not a big surprise for comic book people, as such i hope they don't drag it out too long.

Edmond

Is alright. Kind of an MIB/arrow mixup, what you'd expect.

Truth of Tahiti thing is not a big surprise for comic book people, as such i hope they don't drag it out too long.

Can you explain please, pm if need be, or spoiler it

thx

Edmond

Thank you

I was aware of LMD's but hadn't thought of applying that to Coulson as i thought it would be too obvious.
There was a bit where Hills character says 'he can never find out' and as Coulson walks away he rubs is eye, which i thought was something that might become more obvious as the show goes on, maybe a flaw thats irritating him. Also i thought LMD's were meant to know that they were LMD's, Coulson obviously doesn't.

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
I quite enjoyed it. Some parts where a bit tacky for instance near the end but over all looking forward to the rest of it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Thank you

I was aware of LMD's but hadn't thought of applying that to Coulson as i thought it would be too obvious.
There was a bit where Hills character says 'he can never find out' and as Coulson walks away he rubs is eye, which i thought was something that might become more obvious as the show goes on, maybe a flaw thats irritating him. Also i thought LMD's were meant to know that they were LMD's, Coulson obviously doesn't.

True, usually they are, but there might be a "marvel plot device" there which ofcourse turns it uposide down :p

In any case the Tahiti was a surprise for the doctor type fella so it's fairly obvious Tahiti never happened. Some form of clone/LMD shenannigans is my guess, but you never know.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Thoroughly enjoyed it.

The usual Lets-introduce-lots-of-characters-and-still-try-and-cram-in-a-story issues. I do feel they'd have been better drawing it out over 2-3 episodes to let the team members appear. That said, some of the dialogue is nice 'n' sharp and already Agent Coulson is living up to expectation. The scene that you see in the trailer where he first appears is slightly longer and sets the tone completely for him: basically to expect surprises in an self-effacing amiable way. I did chuckle a lot at the interrogation scene.

Ron Glass is in it. Better known as Shepherd Book from Firefly to most. Nerdy squeee for me.

Smoby Culders, Coby Smoulders, whatever her name is. She's in it. Lots more than I would have expected. Very helpful with the continuity of transition from big screen to small screen. Some good lines too (delivered with mediocrity). I think its just a cameo appearance for this one ep though.
I'm interested to see how Fitz turns out. The chap playing the part was the lead character in The Fades, which I really liked. His Scottish accent is convincing since he is, after all, Scottish. But... Oh dear, another Scottish engineer? We really went there? Again? Yep. We did. That said, the intro is handled with aplomb and there's some good lines. I won't spoil them but I did chuckle at some of Fitz's chatter. His fellow scientist type, Simmonds is all teeth and hair oil, not quite so convincing as a fellow genius. Maybe she just needs more time to shine. By shine, I mean not her teeth.

Hard to tell how this will go. Last time Mr. Whedon did a TV series it was very uneven. Dollhouse had some great epic ideas in it but the episodes themselves were very uneven, only about half of them being good TV.

I'm fairly amused at anyone expecting big superhero stuff with a dark and scary atmosphere. It was never going to be that. "Not all heroes are super" is going to be the mantra of this. I'm guessing you'll get the occasional bigger budget episode with superheroics but this is about ordinary(ish) people living in a world of superheroes & supervillains. Those with superpowers are the background to this, the focus is the agents themselves.

Looking forward to ep 2.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Enjoyable throwaway pap. Made me smile. Missus really liked it so I'll be along for the ride.

rynnor

Rockhound
Good stuff - Ming-Na Wen from Stargate Universe and J. August Richards from Angel also featured.

Edmond

Episode 2 was good, very good. Hope they keep it up

And make sure you watch to the end

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I actually hope they keep the cheesy corny stuff up, it's marvel afterall :p

Need a tad more one liners though.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I am still watching it, enjoy it more than the shitfest Agent Carter.

Edmond

Shield has been an excellent 2nd series and really looking forward to it starting again

Agent Carter started slow, but it's been good. Tuesdays episode was great, it's the last one this week (only 8 in this run) should be a good cliffhanger if it's to get a second series

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I love this show... Slow to start but good

Edmond

Just about to watch the return of S.H.I.E.L.D

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Skye is actually Daisy Johnson who becomes Quake
Yeah, I figured that out the only thing was
They spent too much of the episode flipping characters on their heads, Simmons going all "murder it" and the rogues actually being rogue except the one guy you expect (Lance) that it took away from the hints about Sky. The only good thing was Fitz doing the right thing

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Man, I can't ever click on any of the spoilers here :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom