After Patch : Reaver weaps invisible

G

Gewny

Yesterday I had this strange bug.

1st time :
Bought a new Reaver in a base that we where hacking (thanx to the uber hacking skills of sir3n I think :D) Swooped up and found a nice grunt to fire on, I started to fire with my chain gun--- only to get mighty suprised, 250 shots fired and the poor guy dosent seem to get hurt. Well I think time to call in the hevy stuff so I switch to rockets and start firing, the sound is there but no rockets are leaving my reaver, ammo count is going down. 24 rockets later hes still there that poor guy...

This happen to me 3 times yesterday 2nd time against an Magrider and 3rd time against a TR max named bigpapa (I think :D)

I complained to the squad and got the tips to joump in and out of the reaver and to my suprise it helped. So has anyone else had this and only after the patch ?

R

Rigon-Noir-

Sure you didn't just miss ;)

Noir BR13 Adv Hack/Infil/Mosq/AMS/Medic
Rigon BR6 Spec Assault/Eng

Serving WRK and The Vanu Sovereignty

P

[PS]Mung

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Gewny
the sound is there but no rockets are leaving my reaver,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firing blanks again eh Gewny?

C

Cadire

A Reaver pilot pumped me ful of bullets last night. They all looked like they were hitting, but there was no sound... just the 2 trails pulsing. I took no damage at all.

S

Stekkerdoos

I had exactly the same, rockets, bullets nothing showed up. It seemed like it was a terrible lag but besides the projectiles everything was ok

X

Xtro

Gewn :)

I had a similar problem but nothing to do with a Reaver.

I was in inf suit at a TR base (outside) and an invisible vehicle went past (gathered it was a Magrider after someone blew it up). I was like hmm wtf? I could see the trail of the lights and could see the rounds being fired from it. I'd heard people complain about invisible reavers before so thought this might be something to do with it until I went up to my squad and couldn't see them either - just their names (and no, they weren't all infs ;)).

I jacked an AMS, then suddenly I could see everything and everyone again, weird.

G

Gewny

aye was strange, I saw u mention that yesterday.

Hmm but if it was lag howcome that I had the problem untill I landed the craft and joumped out and back in again ?

And on to off this I had this problem 3 times and all 3 times it was solved with reentering the craft.

Seems to me like someone fecked up the code for client positioning or something

D

Deadmanwalking

Yes well before patch we saw on several occasions invisable reavers or mozzies. When your dogfighting and suddenly you both just lose your target as it goes invisable.

Lots of "WTF?" over comms

P

[PS]Mung

I had a few enemies dissapear and reappear in differnet places, but that sounds more like a lag problem.

G

Gabrial

My squadie buddy last night pumped a stealther full of plasma while he stood there shooting me in the head last night - most annoying.

S

Sibanac

there are some post on official forum about it.
There seems to be a cloaking bug.
most common are undeployed ams staying cloaked.
And if you are cloaked in an infi suit and switch to another armour you stay cloacked, saw a couple of ppl runing around like that they dont show up on DL either.
Bigest problem with this bug seems to be that ppl in the armour show up as normal on their screen and thus not always know they are invisable

D

Deadmanwalking

Or if they do they exploit to the max. Which actually means cloaked maxs

G

Garaen

Glad about the Reaver bug tbh, skillless wonder's reaver pilots are. Oh let me use 24 rockets to kill this one grunt :rolleyes:

/rant

G

Gewny

well some tr grunts dont even have to aim there sad little rocket launcher to make us pice of meat :/

M

moo_work

Originally posted by [PS]Mung
quote:
Originally posted by Gewny
the sound is there but no rockets are leaving my reaver,

Firing blanks again eh Gewny?

why did you quote manually?

P

[PS]Mung

I couldn't be arsed to do it properly, So I just copied and pasted from the previous one.

Does it really matter how I did it?

Did it ruin your day or something? :moon:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom