after deleting 3 br 15s im bored

E

envenom

played game since launch had 3 br 15s on all empires ive just got to the point where im bored now :(

anyone else feeling like this?

E

envenom

stop it im tryin not to think about SWG u git :D

its just every website i go on theres a little advert about SWG :(

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Nope. I'm still enjoying it. But then I'd have to have been playing at least three months to get three BR15 toons.

Treat yourself to some real life and play the game more casually - you might enjoy it more when you do play. Too much of (almost) anything can get boring.

E

envenom

well i have'nt played PS all day every day since release i work a few nights a week too.

thing is it really isnt that hard to get a br 15 from playing just a few hours a day if ur in a good outfit.

you can get from br1 to br9 in a few hours too if your in a good outfit ;/

P

[PS]Mung

Yeah I get bored sometimes.
I only manage about 6 hours aweek maximum.
I've changed my certs no end of times, that helps a bit.
The game , hopefully, will alter it's goals and introduce new things (CTF outfit challenges in VR anyone? That's my idea not one they've mentioned) and could shape up a bit.
My suggestion, stop playing for a month or two, enjoy the summer and come back when it gets cold.

Hang on, in the UK that's about mid July....

G

Gekul

I'm not bored, but I have only been able to play in the evenings.

V

ViscountC

It's easy to get bored with the game. I mean, we can all see it has (had?) huge potential - it's got everything there for a big on-line war with added depth. But it's turned into zerg-zerg-zerg.

There's some interesting vehicles, terrain with choke points and ambush opportunites, a reasonable comms system - and none of it being used for anything more than base cap after base cap.

We don't need extra gameplay modes in VR - we just need to be given a reason for using more of what the game already has available, IMO. Which means giving players incentives to organise convoys, lay ambushes, co-ordinate strikes and reinforcements etc.

It's not that players *need* to get XP, but 90% of players will want to have a chance at earning XP, and the other 10% that are just happy to have a good fight are forced to go looking in the same places as the XP-hounds. I mean, it's all well and good deciding you don't care about the XP, you're going to spend 30 minutes trying to defend a bridge and have fun doing it, but this is absolutely pointless if the enemy either steamroller you in 30 seconds or simply go elsewhere - and you'll get very little back-up if your own empire is zerging somewhere else.

So it requires a bit of imagination by the devs to help deliver a more rounded gameplay, by giving us other ways to earn XP or other gameplay benefits. This would give some of the players an incentive to do something other than cap bases, and give the rest of us a chance at participating in a battle with meaning.

I'd do this three ways. Firstly tweak the current XP system, so there is as much reason to defend as attack. This would help eliminate most of the zerging.

Then we need to inject some other real incentive for holding territory and taking bases - perhaps giving the owning empire some bonus for locking particular continents, for example.

Finally something to give us an alternative to base and tower fights - some sort of mission based gameplay. The idea being, you register your squad as being available for a mission, you get tasked - as an example - to convoy supplies somewhere. The convoy gets through, you get some bonus (extra XP, probably, but I can think of many, many other possibilities). Easy enough to task others to ambush convoys, protect convoys from the air, disrupt enemy air operations, hold particular pieces of terrain, hack a particular terminal for military secrets, secure a particular terminal, hunt for an enemy spy, assasinate a named enemy, steal a Prowler, etc etc etc. All incentivised, all with the possiblity of tasking opposing forces to foil a particular mission. Make the missions squad-based, or outfit-based, or even empire-based. You could completely replace Instant Action with something like this. Much more inventive than zerging Hossin.

Although the PS devs are never likely to see, let alone implement, such plans.

B

bone_idle

I only play in the evenings due to work and i still love it.

F

Faeldawn

PS really isnt a game that is xp orientated, if you can make BR9 in a few hours then you should try to avoid base caps and just go hunt.

It's hard to get out of the MMORPG mind-set that xp is the ultimate goal, the fact is that xp is the least important part of PS.

Most fun i have is when i move ahead of the zergs and usually find a few dozen friendly and enemy players who are like-minded and often have a fun tower vs tower fight for 10-30 minutes before the zerg arrives.

If yer getting bored easily try something a little more challenging such as:

-solo capping a base
-setting up advanced mine-fields in anticipation of an enemy move
-organise a tank-squad or a flight of mossie pilots and have them do surgical strikes (such as destroying enemy veh terminals etc)
-play a medic
-try doing ANT runs into hot areas
-make a squad, go to an enemy sanc-gate and drain and cap the nearest base then defend it
-set-up an ambush, predicting an enemy's next likely movement
-flank an enemy to get at their support crews and wipe them out
-infiltrate an enemy base and take-out the spawn tubes
-infiltrate an enemy base and take out the generator
-heavily mine and set boomers on a support route and take out incoming vehicles especially ANT's
-land a GAL :)

E

Embattle

I doubt SWG will be that different, it seems all games of the MMOG seem to suffer at some point. A normal game you play, complete and any possible repetitiveness is over and done with where as MMOG keep it going....plus you keep paying for it as well.

E

envenom

well i played UO for 5 years solid surely and you wanna know what kept me there? huge game updates that happend every few months

from new craftable items
new rares
new ridable mounts
housing tool that lets you build from scratch
GREAT pvp

and one thing i will never forget about UO is the exp system it was great you did'nt have to wait around for 3 hours trying to find a group you could do it all yourself.

and that system IS in SWG which is what appeals to me.

also the fact i can be a Animal Tamer which is what i was in UO is also fantastic.

I realize PS is an FPS and its a great game but theres just nothing to keep players there atm especialy for $12 a month

but i could easily just go and play BF 1942 and all the mods avalible for it and have just as much fun.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I predict that SWG will be utter shite.

Go and read the community forums...
"i aer gunna pwnz j00!!1" *light sabre hum* :rolleyes:

PS is great for the casual player.
Everything gets boring quickly if you do it excessively.

Get a life, job and laid in no particular order.

O

old.ivan

Honestly though , envenom .. UO is way beyond newbie friendly, no appealing gfx and domination of the "high-up" class. :(

E

envenom

I admit when i 1st started UO it was really hard i had'nt a clue what to do but i asked someone for help and they were only too glad to learn me the basics and stuff.

i actually liked the gfx they were simple and fitted the game scene of D&D.

Domination of the high-up class wasnt an issue thats why they made trammel so you were safe and could get your skills up with ease.

id recommend UO to anyone who has'nt tried it and don't rate a game on gfx instead of gameplay

O

old.ivan

I suppose my review is short and rather biased.. since i was comparing UO to flicks like DaoC and SW:G. Also .. i think in a PC online gamer issue <April-May?> , just in case if anyone has a copy and wishes to try out some alternative MMOG, there were 3 cds included with 1 free month trial offers. As far as i recall that included UO. [just some extra info]

F

Faeldawn

MMOG's run their course, every 6 months or so there is a new release that grabs the majority of the market for a while, then something bigger and better comes along and a large amount of the gaming community will go and check that out.

The measure of a great game and a great game provider is if those players come back after trying the latest thing.

I love playing PS, but feel that comparing it to MMORPG's is not really fair as it isnt a MMORPG, doesnt have the depth of a MMORPG and doesnt pretend too.

PS is a different entity altogether, its simple multiplayer fun that can be picked up and put down at will. I believe that its final market will be mainly part-time players who dont have the time to play a MMORPG for 10 hrs at a time, FPS players who want a little bit more out of their game time than capture the flag and MMORPG players who need a break from tedious xping, but still want to play a game that has the same basic community structure.

G

Gabrial

There is nothing quite like defending a base solo against infantry with nothing more than a knife and melee booster implant! Try it, the rush is excellent!

R

Rigon-Noir-

I played UO for a couple of years and you didn't have much of a choice but to connect on a regular basis, things decayed over a space of 2 weeks if i remember :D, i know my little love palace in Fellucia did.

BTW, just so you know, PK's in UO are twats but live near them and they are the most helpful people in the game ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom