AE bug?

Keres

One of Freddy's beloved
Since NF has come out I have started to notice a problem with my AE DD on my fire wizzie. My first time I noticed it was one a keep attack at Dun Crim, Albs busted through both doors and alot of hibs camped themselves in the lord room. Albs based themselves at the bottom of the stairs that lead into the lords room and hib kept trying to sneak around the corner to get spells off. Everytime I saw a hib I used my AE DD to catch anyone close to him/her but for some strange reason, no one else was getting hit and dispute loads of attempts and yes, making sure I wasn't hitting my spec DD, the AE spell wasn't hitting anyone else except the guy on target. I figured this might of been a bugged part of the stairs so left it alone. But last night, there was a huge three way battle at Blendrake (Alb owned) and about 1-2fg of hibs were trying to hide by hugging the walls to keep out of ranged attacks. I moved over to one of the towers where they could be easily seen, started to AE and once again, only hit one person when there was plenty of people around....

Just wondered if anyone else in any servers is having this same problem.

Tilda

An aoe DD hits people that "you" can see. Thus if you "catch" one person in sight looking around a corner etc, then you aoe will only hit them. In the open it should (and in my experince does) hit everybody in radius. People hiding round corner etc, will no longer get hit.
If your still having problems, its probably worth RNing (not under technical, life on your server or a bug report section if its there yet)
But personally I havent had any problem with it.

Tilda

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
I didn't have problems hitting people out of LOS on gorre, not actually used AE near a keep in live yet. :eek:

Veg

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think it quite works properly though. Sometimes my AE Dot hits only people in LOS at the time of it hitting, while other times it will hit all within radius, even if not in LOS.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
I've had mixed results. I AEed a brittle guard and didn't hit the caster right next to it. On the other hand I've spammed AEs at keeps and hit everyone in the area a number of times regardless of having LOS.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
if the keep piece is destroyed I think it no longer stops the aoe's, maybe that?

Spirou

Fledgling Freddie
Well, LoS-code has always been a bit borked.
Anyone surprised it isn't working 100% now? :p

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
if the keep piece is destroyed I think it no longer stops the aoe's, maybe that?
No I hit the top of a tower that wasn't at all damaged, hit about 8 mids and their siege piece.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Might not be completely related but I beleave stealthers have somekind of AE thing (no idea from what or where) but that hits you for like 2 ticks and decreases your heat resist for a few secs and that spell hits through solid walls, without LoS and even in a level 10 keep inside the lord room.
Not that the damage is bad from it but the fact that you can get hit without them having LoS and it interrupts like mad when 5+ achers are spamming it..

Remote

Fledgling Freddie
not a bug

Camelot Herald Frontiers notes said:
-Keeps are designed to minimize line of sight issues. Additionally, keeps have been constructed so that point-blank area affect spells (PBAEs) will not work through keep walls and closed doors. Ground-target area affect spells (GTAEs) still work as they always have.

-All area affect spells are not supposed to affect anyone that is under a roof, in much the same manner that the archer skills "volley" and "catapult" were implemented.

Ae spells don't work inside a tower unless the tower is destroyed. Hugging the tower wall places you under a small roof if you look at it closely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom