advice wanted

F

fenikske

I am a level 47 cleric and was never been very active in RVR till now , for the moment i have 2l8 as real rank and for the 18 points that that is worth i spend it in the following

level 3 serenity, level 2 augmented acuity,level 1 mystic crystal lore,level 1 etheral bond

at RR5 this what i had in mind as realm spec :

ac level 2 = 4 realmppoints*
seren level 3 = 10 realmppoints*
wh level 3 = 10 realmpoints
mcl level 1 = 6 realmpoints*
purge = 10 realmpoints
eb level 1 = 1 realmpoints *
-----------------------------
total of 41 realmpoints

i have 9 realmpoints left
(*allready spend)

- bof: seem so a waste because of the 30 min timer for something that only last 30 secs
- Raging power : lots of peeps find this a waste to because of the 10 points you have to spend in it and the timer of 30 mins
- mcl 2 - 3: personaly i find this nice because of the 5 min timer but is it worth to spend more points then for level 1 in it?
- Majestic will , Empty mind en mastery of concentration personally i find this not worth speccing in it
- second win, armor of faith en avoid pain they all have a better timer but i don't think that this are really specs that a cleric have to choose in
- de mastery's of h , m , arc, art: bit ridiculous because at level 5 you only get 15 % extra , bvb a heal of 432 hp gives ya with level 5 moh 496,8 hp are 34 realpoints worth it to spec in this? personally i don't think so
- lifter: i'am a highlander and so no probs for carrying things
- veil recovery = seems interresting
- av of magic : that 3% / level doesn't pay off i think
- mastery of water : why t.f. is this a realm ability
- toughness = seems interresting but iam a highlander so lots of hp to begin with
- regen = seems interresting
- tireless = seems interresting but iam a cleric and don't use that much end anyway
- long wind = i don't really sprint that often so ...
- en de augmenteds str ,dex , con , quick , ac = i have 40 in enhance so if i buff me i think that most of my level caps are reached

my question to ya all, what is the lesser evil of this all: what would you suggest to take as realm ability? thank you in advance

see ya all

R

Rasp

I'd get BoF, like all the good active RAs it can turn the tide of a battle at a crucial moment.

It is also tres useful in PvE epic encounters.

F

fenikske

i know "30 seconds of 50% bonus to group's melee absorption, which means your group will be able to absorb much more damage than normal." Still 30 mins is a long interval for something that last for only 30 secs ,seems only util in small rvr encounters.

F

Flimgoblin

if you count how often you're fighting in RvR active abilities are probably 'up' every second fight ...

I like my passives tho :) too lazy to press buttons

N

Noche

Don´t go for BoF yeah :rolleyes:

It´s one of the major complained alb uber RA, it´s not powerful? Group purge is on 30 min timer too! I can remember when I PA a mincer with BoF on and the damage was incredible low (100ish a PA 1/4 of my normal damage) and her hp bar was almost full after PA chain... crazy RA!

FH (pally) is on a 30 min timer too and it´s very good too, couple that with BoF and ur grp would be invincible in that encounter (even casters got incredible high melee abs, had 3 or 4 tanks on him and couldn´t take him down while he´s being healed)

G

Glema

BOF is very nice, the 30 min timer is actually no that bad - when you take into account releasing/regrouping/moving back into battle time you can use it surprisingly often.
Obviously it is not much use in a zerg situation, but more smaller fights it is a life saver it is such a drastic damage reduction - shame it is melle only ;)

Btw Ethereal bond? Is that the one that increases your power by 3% ?
Seems expensive for only a small increase in power, probably wouldnt even let you cast one more heal, although if it needs acuity 3 (i dont rememebr if this is correct?) then you could get master of the art as well for faster casts.

Wild healing can be nice if you get a lucky crit - but is not too reliable.
Master of healing is increasing all your heals by 3% - so is the same as ethereal bond in terms of healing power from one pow bar?

F

fenikske

I didn'y say that BOF wasn't good, what i wrote was some sort of resume of what i heard from other people and that extended with my impressions ...

and that 1 point in etherial bound ,............ i know but i specced in that so what is done is done , it is only one points so ...

and ps its not because i have 40 in enhance that i will make from this char a buffbot , with 36 healing i have far enough for qualifying in the groups need and the level 40 buffs are a real WOW in very small groups (why only in verry small .. because of the concentration points it takes :/ its even difficult for me to give all 8 2 buffs)

K

klavrynd

BoF is teh pwn and really really worth the 10 points, nothing more annoying then hitting people like you're lvl 35 again

AoM seems like poo, but 3% resists on top of you 26% cap is really nice .

mvg muhaha :p

O

old.Pempula

As hib I would say don't get bof. Never ever.;)

O

old.Vae

Bunker, Bunker Bunker and once again Bunker :)

There have I emphasised it enough!

After that - wild healing is good for group heals as they give you several chances to crit.

Put 1 point in the mastery of art (cast speed)
Mastery of xxxx (heal one)
Mastery of arcane (buff one)

Since they are cost effective increases to your char - No you won't notice a huge difference but they'll make you all round better.

Ditto Aug con 1 and toughness 1 will give you about 40-50 more hits together which is a help.

And avoidance of magic is also good.

Personally unless you find aug acuity 3 and ethereal bond worth it I'd do a respec realm out of them and into the cheap RA's I mention above. At 6 points aug acuity 3 is just too expensive for my liking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom