Advice on Sorc

Lufax

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Apr 22, 2005
Messages
43
Thinking of making a Sorc on pvp any advice on where to level , is it easy to level and also i know they are great on rvr server's but are they as good on pvp ? any comments would be nice

Thank you :p
 

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Mar 19, 2004
Messages
642
yes sorcs are good on PvP aswell and very solid after rr5.

Asking for exp spots is like asking to be farmed. Go to some rare "good" spots you know.
 

Lufax

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Apr 22, 2005
Messages
43
i know only hib , hehe but ill give it ago.
Camlann seems good place to non stop kill people aswell as geting kiled yourself i want to move there to see if i can get toa'ed as i know its alot header but worth it in the long run ;)
 

Svettig

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
102
you got ze instance "task" dungeons if you got catacombs :p not very casterfriendly though, but no risk for pk
 

Lufax

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Apr 22, 2005
Messages
43
oki Thanks for the info ill check it out when i get home from work :p
 

xtortionist

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
287
just try to stick with it, getting constantly pk'd while exp'ing is part of camlann :)
 

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Mar 19, 2004
Messages
642
Svettig said:
you got ze instance "task" dungeons if you got catacombs :p not very casterfriendly though, but no risk for pk
According to patch notes and some rps of mine they aren't safe zones.... :touch:
 

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 29, 2003
Messages
1,031
Phoebee-v- said:
According to patch notes and some rps of mine they aren't safe zones.... :touch:
instances are not safe cos there is only one instance of everything on Cam :), some are level capped though iirc.
 

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
685
Kicks said:
instances are not safe cos there is only one instance of everything on Cam :), some are level capped though iirc.
Instances don't work the same as on normal servers?
 

Xyslo

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 16, 2004
Messages
500
Lufax said:
where to level
Vendo opposite mid df isnt bad from 20-35 you can charm a pet and let it do the work, also any df is good but when you go to most df's you get major pk factor added.
 

Weaver

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Aug 31, 2004
Messages
55
my first post here... if somethings fucked i have an excuse :p

Sorc is very good and strong, but some ppl seem to think they have this "kill fgs without a prob mode".

At higher RRs a skilled sorc can take out a worthless FG yes, no doubt.

But lemme tell you, to get what a caster needs (imho) is kinda expensive. And to get what sorc needs... well its just nasty.

moc3, purge2, mcl1, mom3, aug dex3. only to get this is rr8...

okay maybe u can settle with less MoM... remove it all togheter and ure down to rr7..

the other stuff is basically needed though. and the mom is v nice to increase the dmg from the moc loss.

dex3 is something all casters need 38x dex with buffs is the goal. im sure u know as u have a rr8 eld.

anyways as xtor said, stick to it, dont give up, and im sure you will find a sorc v viable.

GL
 

xtortionist

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
287
hi2u weavers :D if your skilled you can play without moc3 and put 30 points into passives also :)
 

Gotrag

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
1,490
xtortionist said:
hi2u weavers :D if your skilled you can play without moc3 and put 30 points into passives also :)
you say that but for a lifetap class such as SM/Caba/Sorc Moc is great just slam it on while somones beating on you hit face then lifetap away it can save you sometimes, and imho a skilled players uses all of his utlitys as and advantage i can see where you are comming from though
 

Xyslo

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 16, 2004
Messages
500
Gotrag said:
you say that but for a lifetap class such as SM/Caba/Sorc Moc is great just slam it on while somones beating on you hit face then lifetap away it can save you sometimes, and imho a skilled players uses all of his utlitys as and advantage i can see where you are comming from though
Me and my friends all got bored one day and said lets play our lvl 21 stealthers, so being bored as i was i thought i may aswell. After not long we all saw a red con sorc and thought we would stand a pretty good chance of beating him if we jumped him.... well anyway there were 3 of us and we all PA'd him got him down to 30% health or something, after that he instantly used moc and we all got owned :(. It can be a good thing but moc1 sucks, it does about 20% of the normal dmg you usually do.
 

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
16,788
yeah im so overated

oh my gosh thats natswoo he is so hot right now
zoooolander
 

xtortionist

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
287
yes but for groups, those 30 points can be better spent in passives to increase damage all the time, if you plan on solo'ing alot tho sure i guess go moc3, but if i was doing a sorc for a guild i wouldnt get moc3
 

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
16,788
xtortionist said:
yes but for groups, those 30 points can be better spent in passives to increase damage all the time, if you plan on solo'ing alot tho sure i guess go moc3, but if i was doing a sorc for a guild i wouldnt get moc3
what with the insane amount of charge tanks about you cant mezz/root em so you are useless when they go for you. even in groups i think MoC would be useful
 

Xyslo

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 16, 2004
Messages
500
Bahumat said:
what with the insane amount of charge tanks about you cant mezz/root em so you are useless when they go for you. even in groups i think MoC would be useful
Thats true but the group would usually have more than oen mezzer hopefully, btw Gotrag i as you asked there were 3 of us.... but np if you didnt see it in my post :)
 

Gotrag

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
1,490
Xyslo said:
Thats true but the group would usually have more than oen mezzer hopefully, btw Gotrag i as you asked there were 3 of us.... but np if you didnt see it in my post :)

ok, just wondering why 3 PA's should of taken down a red con sorc, unless he was fulley SC'd
 

Gahni

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Apr 26, 2005
Messages
10
Xyslo like you could even kill a blue con caster lol ive seen you in goth before :twak:
 

Gotrag

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
1,490
Gahni said:
Xyslo like you could even kill a blue con caster lol ive seen you in goth before :twak:
he said he was levle 21 and levle 21 levle 20's are still yellow so where is he going to find a blue con caster? :p
 

Xyslo

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 16, 2004
Messages
500
Gahni said:
Xyslo like you could even kill a blue con caster lol ive seen you in goth before :twak:
Who are you, go away... and btw ever since i got my sb (Equilibriium) lvl 25 i have always one hit every caster i have come across, seems like people dont get SC'd anymore.
 

Xyslo

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 16, 2004
Messages
500
Gotrag said:
ok, just wondering why 3 PA's should of taken down a red con sorc, unless he was fulley SC'd
He was, i know who SC'd him
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom