Advice on Ra for Shade

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
Well, went to trainer for realm respec after gaining another level, thinking I gonna get second wind this time and drop toughness, longwind, aug dex 1. To add to the 2 points i got spare to make 5 points for it. So I respec, then start training in the things i want to keep, Mos 2, Vanish 1, Mop 4 oh hang on, if i leave mop at 3 and forget about second wind i will be able to afford purge 3 :) so this is where i need some advice.

Ra spec one.

Purge 2
MoP 4
Mos 2
Vanish 1 (some dont like this but I do)
Second Wind

Ra spec two.

Purge 3
Mop 3
Mos 2
Vanish.

So, lend me your thought please, which spec too choose? I can still /use End Potion/Barrels so maybe 2nd wind isnt a must.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
first one without a doubt, seems to me with purge3 you havnt got enough offensive OR defensive abilities, no good being able to purge stun etc if you still die from the fight.

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
out of interest neff, why do you want to go pierce again? purely for the higher dmg over blades? (though come against resists its rather QQ)

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
i prefer my weapon swapping style, applying up to 4 different poisens then using viper2 lifebane on tanks has always served me well.

couple that with the ability to choose dmg type (okay can do same with right template and blades, but kinda defeats the point), my traitors dagger is pierce too.

then to top it off, is a 4 second evade stun, okay, so with every patch it seems to get more pointless and useless..but i still want it ;)

although to be fair im gonna try n find more time to play and test blades out again (specced blades atm), the abs debuff now on hammy chain may make diamond back a pointless waste of dps when used.

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
Yea i agree with the 1st option, I like having MoP4 thats made up my mind, tx for input.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Come to the dark side Intimate ;)

On rr5 template i still cant decide between ...

Champ weapon mainhand + Malice offhand with Battler on back

Or

Malice mainhand + Champ weapon offhand with Battler on back

Prolly gonna go for the 1st setup tbh ...

Anyway about the ra spec

I cba really using toys like Second wind 2 / First aid 2 as they are too situational and in the case of the former u can just pop an end pot tbh ...

I like offensive shade specs so @ rr5/8 im going <Blades Btw>

Purge 2 <Imo no need for purge 3 anymore with all having remedy and most infs with df are gonna respec slash , so no stun ... but then there's mincers>
Aug con 2 < i didnt spec any con on creation so i spec this because i get double hp from the 1st 10 points of aug con ... neat huh !>
Vanish 1 < Sometimes u just cant win >
Aug str 3 < Improved baseline damage for mainhand+offhand>
Mopain 3 < Good chance for improved crits on both main+offhand ... with 51 composite mainhand and 50/51 composite offhand spec with 44 cs this will make for some nice double crits >
Mostealth 2 < Decent stealth movement speed , most efficient use of ra points>

Gl with shade Perf old meight ... Come to the darkside ... go blades :D

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
Punishment said:
Purge 2 <Imo no need for purge 3 anymore with all having remedy and most infs with df are gonna respec slash , so no stun ... but then there's mincers>
Aug con 2 < i didnt spec any con on creation so i spec this because i get double hp from the 1st 10 points of aug con ... neat huh !>
Vanish 1 < Sometimes u just cant win >
Aug str 3 < Improved baseline damage for mainhand+offhand>
Mopain 3 < Good chance for improved crits on both main+offhand ... with 51 composite mainhand and 50/51 composite offhand spec with 44 cs this will make for some nice double crits >
Mostealth 2 < Decent stealth movement speed , most efficient use of ra points>

I like the choices :) so i guess for pierce specced and ppl who did put 10 con in, it would be the same except tough2 instead of aug con2, raising to mop4 instead of aug str3.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Ivynoxia said:
I like the choices :) so i guess for pierce specced and ppl who did put 10 con in, it would be the same except tough2 instead of aug con2, raising to mop4 instead of aug str3.

Or spec ...

Aug dex 2
Aug str 2

As imo increasing baseline damage is also improtant ... and also +12 dex + 12 str will give better ws<baseline damage increase> that aug str 3 for a bladeshade +22 str etc ;)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
i read you get double the amount of hp for every con point below 50, thats why i have aug con 2 on my ns. guess its one way to compensate for not having con at creation.. still happy with 232x hp buffed tho :)

i really can't live without purge3 anymore so personally id have gone for the second RA spec. the difference in mop4 > 3 is prolly the same loss of dps that you get from having to disengage from combat for 2 swings to use an endpot, or even more. when cs spec, second wind 1 totally rocks :)

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
From my 'never played a stealther and never will' pov i would go for purge 3 also. The times i get pa'd + stunned id hate to be without purge. And i guess thats the same for stealthers. Except they need purge3 since they prolly get pa'd alot more then i do on my vamp :D

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
VF :D

Saw your bard bid hehe :)

Nice to see some o l d p d c t a l k w i t h t e i t e n a n d b y s s a :D

luribeauty

Fledgling Freddie
Neffneff said:
i prefer my weapon swapping style, applying up to 4 different poisens then using viper2 lifebane on tanks has always served me well.

couple that with the ability to choose dmg type (okay can do same with right template and blades, but kinda defeats the point), my traitors dagger is pierce too.

then to top it off, is a 4 second evade stun, okay, so with every patch it seems to get more pointless and useless..but i still want it ;)

although to be fair im gonna try n find more time to play and test blades out again (specced blades atm), the abs debuff now on hammy chain may make diamond back a pointless waste of dps when used.

i have viper3 and just love reaplying dot on them really is nasty as well when used with spike and not purged,gonna be trying blades soon and if i don't like it back to pierce i guess but will give it a try first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom