Advice on healers

M

Melachi-

Right ive been playing my healer in RvR quite a while now and the reality that is, 90% of the time im going to be the only seer in the group (guild or random group) has sunken in. Most hib groups i come accross have atleast a bard and a Druid/warden sometimes all three, and most alb groups i have come across have a cleric (or two) and a sorc. Due to my gimpy spec 31m 25a 36p, i have no insta CC to fall back on, the lvl 36 insta ae mezz has a brutal radius and is really only any good to land on a sorc / bard to keep em from mezzing my group as the short duration on it means any tank with determination wont even notice he was mezzed. anyway this aint a whine about being the only healer (or seer even) in a group, its that im getting bored. I dont mind dieng to other groups, but when it happens 99% of the time its just not fun at all. So im asking for some advice, heres the situtation...

Ive just spotted the enemy group and am just in range to mezz, i cast mezz and get a few with it, if i havent got the sorc/bard i use my insta on them as they are usualy casting there own mezz now, but now what happens is i suddenly get a million pets on me because i mezzed their masters or a load of casters/tanks start nuking/hitting me, i cant heal now, what the hell do i do? am i missing something out or doing it all wrong even ?

Some advice please, as im considering forgeting about my healer alltogehter and lvling up my SB

Z

zapzap

There is litle point runing out as lone healer. Any decent alb or hib group is gonna eat u.

Also u gave uself a spec that is neither this or that.

26 aug not gonna give u uber resist and the haste buff is to low to waiste that many points on.

Pac healer to lead group a mend/aug healer and a shammy is minimum for any decent rvr group.

Zapsi

D

deffy

After you've done the mezzing try to sprint about 1800 units backwards untill your tanks slam the enemys on you or the casters are out of range (if you run more than 1800 before this happens you've probably lost ;)) then try and get a few heals off or cc anyone still coming at you, but once you've mezzed it's mostly down to your group to finish the job. As zap says it's probably best to respec out of aug and into pac.

A

atos

Go über 36aug 40mend 4 pac if you like healing and soloing. Go some pac spec otherwise. I almost solo most all (?) classes without shield spec mostly so ;)

G

grizlasthehero

37 aug imo energy resist is a must v hibs

O

old.Trine Aquavit

You might find some useful stuff in my Healer Guide

My main tips for mezzing/healing as a single Healer are:

1) Be at the font of the group - if not leading then stuck to the leader.

2) Target the closest enemy and when enemy is in range, hit /face key to allow you to stop and cast immediately.

3) Cast your AE mez twice - you don't need to change target, but you can if looks like a good idea. Casting twice should stick most of the people - those not hit by the first cast will often be got by the second.

4) Move towards the back of the group and switch to 'heal mode' (again, use /face to stop fully). Heal as required, but watch out for any charging melee/pets (root will often work well here). Try and get in the habit of moving between casts to stop the enemy getting a bead on you. Keep your insta CC for emergencies (i.e. for meleers/pets that have closed on you).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom