Advice needed!

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
So, my little sister much against all of my advice not to get shit jobs in places like bars/hotels etc has been working at a "Grand National" hotel local to my house,

After doing I think 66 hours or so @ ofcourse the disgusting minumum wage she was expecting to receive aroudn £320 on the 28th Feb, however she wasn't paid on this date and each time she's asked about it she's been told that she'd be paid on another day, that day has come and not been paid - this has happened twice.

She's also tried to contact the GM/Owner of the hotel to question this and he's dodged her at every possible occasion, according to multiple staff members they've had their wages paid late etc also.

Conveniently I've tried to contact this owner myself to query it and he's not there today and won't seem to return my calls.

How on god's green earth is she going to go about getting paid from this? My only thought is that it'd have to be taken to small claims court which ofcourse is more hassle than its worth?

Any advice?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Threaten to send Teeds to ninjaswaffle the whole place unless they pay.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Obviously I have considered threats however I'm not a fan of getting myself locked up for accidently breaking his thumbs :p

Chilly

Balls of steel
They got a popular twitter account/facebook page?

rynnor

Rockhound
What do her co-workers say? Are they getting paid on time or are they all waiting?

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Doesn't look that way, I had a brief chat with the guy behind reception who's been working there fore 6 months apparently and been paid late twice he says

rynnor

Rockhound
Has she got signed timesheets or other proof of her hours? Oh and has she actually signed a contract of employment?

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
She's signed alot of paperwork she claims, I've told her to go in again this afternoon and get all the paperwork she's signed, all of her hours she's got written down on a calendar as she has 2 Part time jobs so had to co-ordinate between the two.

As for time sheets I've told her get those aswell, My problem is I'm back at work now til 9pm and when I went in there myself they were less than helpful, I was half tempted to throw a giant ass chair through their nice glass windows, but alas that'd get me nowhere :p

rynnor

Rockhound
If she can get copies of that stuff she should be ok to get her money back ok as long as it doesnt go into administration. Is she continuing to work there in the mean time?

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
She's not got a clue if she's working there as she's no longer on the rota, they're possibly the most useless bunch of tools I've ever had the misfortune of speaking to tbh

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Tell her to call ACAS as soon as possible. Make sure she's got all the paperwork she's signed and proof of all her hours. ACAS will contact them on her behalf and if they're still evasive will take the matter to court for her.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
So recent developement, they've just paid her via a bank transfer £210 rather than the £320 they owed her and she spoke to them on the phone about it and they then said they don't owe her anything and threatened her saying if she goes near the hotel or calls there again they know where she lives and there'll be serious consequences,

This has just about pushed me to my limits tbh considering she now lives with me and stuff! Reckon I should report the threat or just go and pop his ferrari's windows? :|

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
That sounds like threatening behavior to me. Though it will be his words against hers I'd go to the police anyway, he may have a record of abusive and threatening behavior. If she did sign a contract then she should have a copy of it and it's also unfair dismissal. ACAS immediately imo. Potentially she could get LOT of money out of him, not only for unfair dismissal but also by suing him personally for threatening her.

Instead of going after him yourself, why not give HMRC a call and tell them what's happening, they'll investigate him fully and will more than likely find some other....discrepancies. You can make his life hell far more effectively through official channels.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Yah, I've just heard back from her and she's rung ACAS and apparently they were fantastic and very helpful so cheers for that!

Ridiculous tbh, nothing worse than some cuntbag threatening my family, and I don't even care for my sister greatly ha :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah, have a word with HRMC as mentioned. If he is short paying staff then who knows what he is doing with VAT, PAYE and stuff. Even if he is legit they make life a massive ballache for a while.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Time to sue the fecker, get all the money you can and buy all the lovely freddies hookers as a thanks for all the help.

No?

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
totes toht! i'll buy you a snickers!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
why not give HMRC a call and tell them what's happening, they'll investigate him fully and will more than likely find some other....discrepancies
I second, third and fourth this.

HMRC are more powerful than the police. Cops could come to my business and I wouldn't blink. HMRC make a phone call and my ring would quiver.

They're actively after people to dob dubious employers in - especially over hours.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Don't pop the windows on his car...oh no, no no no. Go to a garage out of town, buy a bottle of dot 5.1 (brake fluid), go up there with it, keep face hidden, pour it all over his car, bye bye paint work :p

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Going after him yourself in any sort of threatingly behavior (while being emotionally and physically rewarding) would probably be the stupidiest thing you could do.
Good first step to go to ACAS. Even if it's a bit of a ache, get her paperwork in order. If he/she is making any sort of communication, try to record anything (and when) being said. With sufficient evidence (as in, in paper) you could do some serious damage to the mfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom