Advice needed please.

Dardalion

Fledgling Freddie
Greetings to all :)

Im wondering in some of you guys can give me a bit of advice about the do's and don'ts of playing on Camlann. Ive a few lvl 50's on my home server hib/pryd but after some recent sh*t i thought i'd go visit your server, mainly to see how the chars of my usual enemies work (my main is a ranger) & to see if i can figure out a way to RvR with him more effectively, so i visit camlann, role a BD (bad move i hear) & venture off to to pick up my freebie armour (got killed on the way) .... pick up armour, leave town (got killed outside).... the story goes on, looked for exp spot etc etc end result mainly the same (got killed by people who conned red to purp to me), although one guy with his bot on /stick killed me, he rezzed me afterwards & buffed me so that was kinda nice of him. I carried on exping for a while when another 2 toons found me (both conned red) one went to circle me the other came for me so i sic'd me pet on him & ran screaming like a girl through the woods (the guy wouldnt stop chasing me though so i eventually he died to my pet) then i get a /send saying im a tosser & im gonna get chained so i quit the server, i asked the guy if i should have just stood there & taken a beating a he basically said yes <shrug>, is this the case ??

Anyway, sorry for all the waffle i just wanted to let you know my experience so far (was palying for about 3 hours i guess altogether & died a load of times other players, mainly when i was pulling mobs). So if you can give me some pointers about what class to play, if i stand & fight every other player from lvl 21 - 50 or whatever & some guidance about the "rules" of Camlann i'd be grateful.

/regards.

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Hyas

Also Hib/Pryd player from start and the change can come as a chock. From prolly 1 of the smallest and friendliest realms on a server to total chaos. (at first it looks like total chaos for anyone)

But: Follow some basic stuff and it wont really be a problem.
1. DONT exp on the spots you exp on RvR server. They are known to be good exp spots and people with nothing more to do then to run for a while for a few RP will find you. Find a bit more hidden spot to exp. As a hibbeh you know there are loads of spots in that realm where no one ever go ;)
2. Avoid the main PvP/PK areas if you dont want to PvP. (All 3 SI main towns, TOA areas, Mag Mell, Camelot Hills, dungeons such as DF)
3. BIND, when on move allways bind first thing, if you die, release and get on a horse within timer.
4. DONT make a BD ;)

gl and hf mate, server is good once you get the hang of it. You dont need a stealth zerg or a opted ML10 RR5+ fg with voicecom to get RP.

Nedo

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
99% of those who threaten to chain you or log their lvl 50 main etc, you will never hear from them again. Those that do can be confused easily with /release city and go somewhere else.

Strongly advise you never to XP in any dungeon they are first check points for many ppl looking for easy rps/xp.

You need to be alot more careful on Cammy, walk into the middle of MM without timer on and you will get ganked. Most ppl work on the theory kill it before it kills you, especially with BD's. Instead skirt around it avoid such PK areas unless u want to PK some.

Level 20 is the hardest level in the game it gets easier as you level some and then harder again as mid 30's hit.

inviteme

Fledgling Freddie
if you just expect everyone to kill you you wont have a problem. I dunno how you get chained tbh, i mean cant you just release city and port somewhere else?

Fuzzy

Fledgling Freddie
Ned has given some great advice - not much more I can add.
You seem calm enough about the abuse, but just to make a point:
Those that kill you stupidly (while you're xp-ing, for no rp's, by traveling 20min to get to a remote dungeon just for 20rp's etc) are pretty much eejits, and those that that shout abuse at you for no apparent reason are just plain juvenile. DO NOT answer them back in any way - it wont help. This server doesn't have any more nasty people than other servers do - it just shows a lot more as you pay an heavier price for their childishness.
Check these forums out - there's always somebody trying to make a new lowbie guild - this is probably the best way to get xp and make friends. Once you get on a bit, you'll be able to apply to bigger guilds...this is where the fun begins as you have more options open to you then.
Enjoy.

Dardalion

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for all the tips guys, you've been a great help :) im off to delete my BD & mess about with the char creation thingy :)

/salute
Dard.

Lian

Fledgling Freddie
Keep in mind that most the griefers at level 20 aren't Camlann players as much as losers coming over from the ble servers to wtfpwn level chars with their BD.

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
Getting started on a pvp server is probably one of the hardest things to do in daoc at lvl 20

but the reward is great, the pvp server is probably the most fun i've had or can have on daoc, the friends you make here become close as you spend a lot of time together and have to stick together

One bit of advice is dont flame/leech you make it 200% worse when you do that, if you get flamed ofc reply with something witty and mocking (thats one the best parts of camlann) but there is not much you gain out of "i log main and wtfpwn you noob!!!1!" as you hear enough of that from lvls 20-35 :m00:

Peridon

Fledgling Freddie
*speaks like master yoda*

wise words from master amildin, you listen well and you get faaar!

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
Dard m8 if you need cash can let you have some m8 :)

I'm playing Camlann of late would be glad to help a m8 out :)

I got a 41.5 BD as my highest char but in all honesty if I were to start out again tomorrow it's prolly the last class I'd choose ^^ :)

Do a /who pie will usually get one of of chars. Most are in a dead guild called Prydwen's revenge :)

Dardalion

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks Dancer :) was thinking of looking you or Kari up but poncing cash has never been one of my strong points ;) think ill let my scruples slide a tad here though coz ...... my god its hard to lvl on a server when people pbaoe you at your trainer lol. (was funny tho)

regards
Dard.

Sulphur

Fledgling Freddie
Heya! :) I had the same problem.. The abuse is really stupid.. But it's the most fun i've had in daoc in a long time :) If you want to group or something my name is Duralac (i think) Use /send Dura just to be safe ;) Maybe we can make a prydwen group (I have some friends who have moved also)

Fuzzy

Fledgling Freddie
That wouldn't be Kari from Followers of Primordial Wind, would it?

Dardalion

Fledgling Freddie
Fuzzy said:
That wouldn't be Kari from Followers of Primordial Wind, would it?

If memory serves i think he is in a guild called Fear on cammy & he is in Order of the Sacred Oaks on hib/pryd.

/regards
Dard.

Fuzzy

Fledgling Freddie
Probably the same Kari then - he's in my guild, Fear...thought he came from FoPW though :D

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Kari was Oak member from start..when we moved back for a shortie he had VW with FoPW though named Aleesha. Since disbanded the Pryd idea due to to little game time in same hours with group he went back to Oak though. :)

Dardalion, since I dont play at all atm I can spare you some gold to for sure. Gimme a shout here and we can arrange something.

Fuzzy

Fledgling Freddie
Aaaaaaaaaaah - it's all becoming slightly clearer now why Kari never wore the same earings as the rest of you guys :D

Hi, could you give the name of the person who killed you and buffed you? I would like to hunt him down and rip off his hairy balls for buffing a BD, kthxbye

Ned, you crazy dude. I've been to every english server and every realm ... and Hib / Pry is the worst of them all, the people are so naff. The reason it has such a low population is because of the nasty nasty foul stinking people there.

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
Noo, we don't want another Friar reign of terror to start.

ur implying that me and Fuzzy havent got a reign of terror going atm? :twak:

Fuzzy

Fledgling Freddie
I've got a reign of error...erm...rein of leather...pain of heather...?

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
*sigh* Fuzzy we talked about this, we run a "Reign of Terror" now say it slow "R-E-I-G-N O-F T-E-R-R-O-R" better? :twak:

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
sigh i try so hard

guess ill just have to beat Fuzzy harder and more frequently wit my twaking stick :twak:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom