Advice needed on respec

I

ilienwyn

I was decided to respecc away from s/s and couldn't decide if i prefered 2h or pole although i had some small preferance to 2h. Now after the changes 2h seems a very good choice and i like the new behind chain (yea i know, it will take ages to come here and i might even not play until then ;))
So, pretty much i decided to go for 2h thrust. What i want to ask advice now, is how high should i take thrust? What would you advice? 39, 44 or 50. I think that 39 or 44 is pretty much enough using +skills and rr. Give opinions...

W

-Wedge-

Unless you want a hybrid tank, go 50 Thrust, 50 2H, rest parry (28 most likely)...

Keep in mind that, unless I'm mistaken, 2H thrust is 75% dex, 25% str (or was it 75% str ? oohwell)... So Highlanders arent 'perfect' for that... (Unlike Polearm, which is always 100% Str or 2H slash/crush which is also 100% str)

I

ilienwyn

From what i have seen around, 2h thrust is supposed to be 75%str 25%dex. My big question here is if points over 50 in thrust help at anything when you are 2h. If they don't, even 39thrust is enough since rest can be covered with skills and rr.

F

Flimgoblin

points over 50 will help.

2h thrust weaponskill is displayed as not being affected by dexterity but there's a good chance that behind the scenes dex affects your 2h damage (probably 50/50 rather than 75/25 but you never know)

E

Eggy

went for 2H 50 Slash 50 myself, ain't looked back

O

old.Ashgen

I was thinking of going 2H, but ...

As you only hold one sword, and not a shield, won't that screw your template up as you would lose the items you have on your shield?

Also, will I have still have a free respec since the last patch?

Thanks

Ash

I

ilienwyn

Hehe, i was still going around with epic with my arms tbh. Although i had pretty good items making the best out of it. I have been buying armor parts for SC for some time now but I had lots to do so never had time to actually do that. So now i use them for new template. Glad that 2h/pole don't use quick cause it would be much more expensive and difficult to cap everything ;)

Q

quinthar

Re: I was thinking of going 2H, but ...

Originally posted by old.Ashgen
As you only hold one sword, and not a shield, won't that screw your template up as you would lose the items you have on your shield?

Also, will I have still have a free respec since the last patch?

Thanks

Ash

I have +6 Shield (on Shield) + some ickle resists on my S+S Arms by ditching my Shield I would lose much at all..

Single line respec yes.

I

ilienwyn

You get the single line respec from the patch unless a char had a respec already available.

P

-primax-

I've been a 2hander since beta, currently specced as

2H 50
Slash 48
Parry 31

Works well for me.

P

pinball

its hard to decide if pole or 2h but i would highley recomend 50 weapon 50 secondary and 23 shield(back style stun duration=slam) rest parry best spec seeming u will 80% of times stun from the back:running after casters/healers also works fine defending caster/healers seeming they will stick on ur defended target so u go stick on him and back stun :D
ive been pole since beta and 1vs1 tank duel defenders rage defenders revenge is really effective then moving into a phalanx defenders aegis but this is just imo :D hope it helps

I

ilienwyn

Originally posted by pinball
its hard to decide if pole or 2h but i would highley recomend 50 weapon 50 secondary and 23 shield(back style stun duration=slam) rest parry best spec seeming u will 80% of times stun from the back:running after casters/healers also works fine defending caster/healers seeming they will stick on ur defended target so u go stick on him and back stun :D
ive been pole since beta and 1vs1 tank duel defenders rage defenders revenge is really effective then moving into a phalanx defenders aegis but this is just imo :D hope it helps

Yes but the new back chain they give to 2h in 1.65 seemd quite good. Going snare -> 7sec stun must be a very good choice against fleeing oponents and you no longer need pf or 23shield for that. Hope that comes here fast cuase it sounds very good. That pretty much finalized my decision (either way i was closer to choosing 2h rather than pole).

S

stighelmer

Originally posted by ilienwyn
Yes but the new back chain they give to 2h in 1.65 seemd quite good. Going snare -> 7sec stun must be a very good choice against fleeing oponents and you no longer need pf or 23shield for that. Hope that comes here fast cuase it sounds very good. That pretty much finalized my decision (either way i was closer to choosing 2h rather than pole).

as an input before u decide, pole tend to deal more front load damage and...

crippling blow = anytime snare

phalanx (back style) leads into:
revenge = 9 sec stun (same as slam) - in 1.65
or
aegis = long duration snare

B

bracken_woodman

The slash/thrust spec sets your minimum damage (and therefore to some extent your damage variance). Once it gets over 50 you get diminishing returns and it has been suggested that the hard cap is 64 (i.e. 50+ 14 with item/rr bonuses). However I haven't seen this conclusively proven. You will always have some degree of variance no matter how high you get slash/thrust.

So what spec to go for? Well for the absolute maximum possible damage then obviously taking slash/thrust to 50 is the way to go. However I have slash at 39 (allowing 42 shield) then with items and rr it is up to 55, and I can say that my damage variance is not significantly different to a 50/50 armsman, with the exception of higher rr ones.

And 2H thrust is supposed to be 75% str, 25% dex, although there have been some logs showing that this doesnt work out in practice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom