Advice needed from experienced Guild-people!

M

Marcus75

Hello everyone!

I recently started a guild with my brother and I would like to have some advice!

First things first, I would like to put down time into this game as well as getting the guild a good reputation. I hope that other inhabitants of Midgard will have use of us when we grow in strength. That leads me to my questions:

1. How would u guys go about recruting people?

2. Are there alot of items floating around in guilds?

3. And what about money? Recieved any donations in the guild?

4. In your experience, are there faithful players out there or do people switch guilds like underwear?

Those questions will have to do for now. We are looking for new members and give me a holler ingame or mail me and I´ll get back to you.

Best wishes!

S

Spudgie

1) Ask

2) Peeps always have junk useful to others in their stores

3) We club together for allsorts, Keep Doors, siege engines, we don't trade for equipment we go hunt fo the drop ourselves.

4) Both, thats where your intuition comes in

S

snox

1.) I would aks ppl i like and would like to have in my guild =)

2.) Always give stuff to guild members if i dont need them, and i always get items if someone else dont need them,

3.) Usaly i give money to ppl how need it in the guild,when i can afford it,

4.) There aer both kinds =) mosty i think ppl stick wiht one guild

O

old.Zhildrua

1.) While guild is small, group and hunt with lots of people and ask those you like and think they would fit in to join. It helps when you know what the goal of the guild will be: RvR, powerlevelling, roleplaying, big, more anonymous guild or smaller tight knit guild, etc. When your guild is running for a while, best IMO is a slowly intake of new recruits. Neither a "recruiting spree" nor a full recruiting stop are working. You'll want a slowly, but steady intake of fresh blood, because it prevents guild from getting stale and people will quit your guild/realm/DAoC sooner or later.

2.) On hunts, a need before greed policy is widely accepted (hopefully ;) ) It might be a good idea to assign someone in guild the role of a quartermaster or whatever you'd like to call him who keeps items in his vault and gives them out on guildmeetings. That chain hauberk might be green and useless to the lvl 30 Thane and just eating up valuable space in his vault, but the lvl 20 would kill to get one :)

3.) Money. Don't bother to think about subscription fees or something. Won't work. People will get driven away, others forget to pay or are away and you're more into administration stuff and bothering ppl then playing the game. Usually a guild needs money for two reasons: emblem and crafters.
For the emblem, just ask in guild channel or make it a common goal for the guild to contribute money for the emblem. And crafters, well, depends a bit on guild type and ppl in guild, but usually it's enough if they just ask for money and giving their biggest sponsors the biggest discounts later ;)

4.) Both. That's why hunting with people before let them join is useful. You get an impression of the applicant and if you're a troll it gives your intuition a bit more time to kick in :)
Guild hoppers aren't usually a big problem. But make sure your guild offers something to keep ppl entertained. Common hunts, weekly RvR, guildmeetings with tasks for promotion, whatever. On the other hand, to avoid guild hoppers, don't have welcome showers for every newbie (50 gold, uber-armor, uber-sword, rings, etc). That will only attract beggars and those guildhoppers. By all means help new players and give them appropriate armor and weapons, but best IMO is spend time with them and give advice, that's usually more appreciated.
You'll also have to think of a Code of conduct or something similar, because without doubt you will have bad apples among your troops sooner or later, so be prepared how to deal with them.

Also a webpage is helpful where the guild goals, policies, a forum etc. are presented.

[edit] Typos...*sigh*[/edit]

F

Flimgoblin

I've got the webpage... now to get over the whole 'everyone over lvl 15 is in a guild already' problem ;)

Mibbe I'll try some recruiting with my alts :)

I like that tasks for promotion. Interesting :)

O

old.Zhildrua

@Markus75

On a sidenote, if you're thinking about a guildpage, but all your members are HTML illiterates :D , check out Guildportal . They offer DAoC guild pages for free with forum, roster, etc. Might save you some hassle :)

@fingoniel

promotion tasks: Just be creative (or plain mean ;)) with the tasks. Spare your poor guildies just another "Collect a water strider leg in Ft. Atla, bring it to Guildmember X in Ft. Veldon, who asks you to kill a Mora rider in Gna etc"-running-around-task :)
How about let them find 3 perfect strangers who play trolls and they have to persuade the trolls to come to your guildmeeting, strip, dance and sing "Private Dancer" in front of the whole guild :D

M

Marcus75

Zhildrua:

Haha....now u got my imagination going....gonna torment those poor newcomers....hehe ;)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Zhildrua

@fingoniel

promotion tasks: Just be creative (or plain mean ;)) with the tasks. Spare your poor guildies just another "Collect a water strider leg in Ft. Atla, bring it to Guildmember X in Ft. Veldon, who asks you to kill a Mora rider in Gna etc"-running-around-task :)
How about let them find 3 perfect strangers who play trolls and they have to persuade the trolls to come to your guildmeeting, strip, dance and sing "Private Dancer" in front of the whole guild :D

Roflrofl rofl...
This becomes even more of an amusing task when it's an Albion guild ;)

I like that :)

S

SilverHood

tell tank classes to go slay a certain mob their level,
and for stealthers above lvl 20 - getting to yggdra forests vindasul faste is the ultimate sign that you are good

otherwise, get everyone to emain, and have all low levels stand on the road, while a bunch of high levels are hidden in the trees

the mids and hibs will see this bunch of grey cons, and charge them, while your high levels mez/stun, and you take them down one by one

damn.... should start a topic saying why greys are useful in RvR :clap:

F

Flimgoblin

THat would require some high levels... and some low levels ;)

methinks I need to work on the 'recruiting' bit (and get more than 5 active players... we're definitely a small 'elite' (heh) guild)

Anyone wanting to join, feel free to post on our message board and we can arrange meeting up in game :)

Excalibur/Albion btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom