Advice about Nature Druids

Drummer

Fledgling Freddie
Well my Druid is close to 50 and uptill now he's been nurt/reg. But I was thinking about respeccing to nature. So some Q's.

1) What spec do u suggest? I was thinking about just keeping 40 reg and 35 nature. I will keep 100% rezz and and good (spread)heals etc aswell as best pet decent DoT, decent AE root and insta root.

I could give up some regrowth for a lil more nature to get insta ae root but dunno if it's worth giving up 100% rezz.

2) What's a nat druid's exact role? I only played with a real nature druid a few times (Jahar). He (instead of bard) was leading grp and AE rooted enemy grp so Bard could overwrite it with mezz. I didn't pay any real attention to what he did in battle so still a bit in the dark about that. I guess root assist train or interrupt healers/mages with Pet/root. Is there any time for this w/o neglecting the desirable healing?

3) And most important of all: doesn't a nurt druid have more util than a nature one? With resists and buffs. But I was thinking almost every druid is nurt nowadays (atleast that i know of) so that won't be much of a problem.

Any idea's or suggestions are welcome. :)

nocte

Fledgling Freddie
40/36/4
regrow/nat/nurt

gives you the insta aoe root/spread heal/100% rezz

great spec if you run with 2 druids (one nurt for the resists)

good fun to play it aswell.

smolf

Fledgling Freddie
myself have been thinking about respecing to nat, but i always think about the pain that groups have when they can only find nat druids and dont have BBs. As for running with 2 nur druids, its ok but not as good as nat/nur compo, but still alot better then 2 nats.

Maybe some day when i get bored with spamming heals only, i will respec, but not atm.

Drummer

Fledgling Freddie
smolf said:
myself have been thinking about respecing to nat, but i always think about the pain that groups have when they can only find nat druids and dont have BBs. As for running with 2 nur druids, its ok but not as good as nat/nur compo, but still alot better then 2 nats.

Maybe some day when i get bored with spamming heals only, i will respec, but not atm.

Tbh there's more nurt druids then nature so shouldn't be a problem i think.

Miho

Fledgling Freddie
Well, I've taken my druid out few times lately and only one druid I met wasn't nature specced, so no additional buffs. (BBs aren't counted :p)

I think that flood of respec stones on market might have changed situation. :p

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
Even if not very common I suggest you an alternative, just to think about something different.

I am using it atm and must say I love it....

36 nature : big pet, strong dot, insta sigle root, insta ae root (that will save your life agaist tank trains so many times you will loose the count)
30 regrowth (+25% heal bonus) mana efficient spread heal, instas, and all the healing power a druid can need
26 nurture (+25% buff bonus on swappable objects) basic specs buff blue/green and all the blue resists. Buff is not your work.... but in case of need you can support on that (and even with BB you can always do resists during the journey)

The only thing I really miss is 100% rezz, only 50%..... but you cant have all ;)

Ceap

Fledgling Freddie
To be honest, the 30/26/36 spec lacks util, i was specced that way for a while, and while its a great solo spec, the heals really lacked in RVR... of course back then we ran with 1 druid 1 warden so might have changed with the 2 druid setup.

But if you have 2 druids you can have 1 nur 1 nat, so defeats the purpose i suppose.

moik

Fledgling Freddie
Nurtdruids are used for resist and for buffs if anyone accidently dies in fight so speccing really low in nurture isnt really an option, rather have 1 high nature (40reg 36nature, best naturespecc i know of), and one druid with semi-high nurture (35+). I have specced 31reg/39nurt/20nature. That gives me: cheap spreadheal which heals for 700hp with my toabonus, 75% single insta, 50% grpinsta, 50% ress, yellow resistbuffs, yellow speccbuffs (except haste which is blue), cheap aeroots and a strong pet (lvl 32). This is imo one of the best nurturespeccs, also seen 42nurt/30reg speccs (or smth) for better buffs but i prefer my pet in rvr. I was 35reg/35nurt/20nat before this but i think giving up 75% grpinsta (for a 50% one) and getting yellow d/q was worth it, especially as im always in emain (no place to go and rb at bbs) so i can cap ppls dex if they die. I have considered to go 30reg/40nurt/20nat to get yellow haste, but not sure if i dont want any high instaheal.. will have to see about that.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
well next to healing you get a high lvl ae root, which is really nice to prevent people fleeing out of pb - at least for one cast

costs a bit much power to interrupt with but it works ok

pet is really nice, takes forever and a day to kill for a mage/supportclass if they dont get help, and have a stun proc iirc?

40 reg 36 nat was the standard nat druid spec, still think it's kinda good just because of the 100% rez and stuff

<3 mewdy's spec :D

funny tho, alot of people used to spec nature "because its more fun to root", but a nurt druid roots alot more to interrupt :p nat druid would go oop too fast

Tua

Fledgling Freddie
Drummer said:
2) What's a nat druid's exact role? I only played with a real nature druid a few times (Jahar). He (instead of bard) was leading grp and AE rooted enemy grp so Bard could overwrite it with mezz. I didn't pay any real attention to what he did in battle so still a bit in the dark about that.

Ah! you can count yourself lucky then :p - then the road to greatness is just straight ahead, as long as you spam evul healers with root

Drummer

Fledgling Freddie
Btw what good is a dot apart from PvE? :p

Not usefull in RvR I can imagine? (due to CC)

Durrell

Fledgling Freddie
Drummer

I solo a lot in DF as a 40 Reg 36 NAture Druid. the Dot is great on single stlth classes as you root/DOt/Pet them and they go down fast. even if they have ip and purge you still have 2 x insta and a root left to repeat. Have got to rr4 l2 mostly with solo in tis spec

just my pennies worth.

Best bet is to wait for 1st week of NF and try all styles out

Hiane

Sharpo

Fledgling Freddie
Drummer said:
Btw what good is a dot apart from PvE? :p

Not usefull in RvR I can imagine? (due to CC)
its great to leech dms with :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom